PDA

View Full Version : The greed of the Red Sox strikes again

Fenway
05-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Boston is about to be hit with a major rain event but the Red Sox say PLAY BALL Got to sell those concessions if they get 5 innings innings it will be a miracle. The White Sox yesterday showed class by not even trying to play...I'm disgusted

Fenway
05-13-2006, 08:37 AM
last night was a joke and it was fitting the Rangers won 6-0 in 5 Thank gawd nobody was hurt in the swamp Fenway became as the rainfall started in the 2nd

Brian26
05-13-2006, 11:40 AM
last night was a joke and it was fitting the Rangers won 6-0 in 5 Thank gawd nobody was hurt in the swamp Fenway became as the rainfall started in the 2nd

Bossard helped them re-do their drainage system a year or two back, didn't he? Was the rain pouring for so long during the day that the field was still completely trashed?

ewokpelts
05-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Boston is about to be hit with a major rain event but the Red Sox say PLAY BALL Got to sell those concessions if they get 5 innings innings it will be a miracle. The White Sox yesterday showed class by not even trying to play...I'm disgustedthe white sox were all set to play tuesday and wed. , knowing a big storm was coming....the blowsawks are no different than the pale hosers. money's money.

Gene

Fenway
05-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Bossard helped them re-do their drainage system a year or two back, didn't he? Was the rain pouring for so long during the day that the field was still completely trashed?

It was dry until the 2nd inning or so but in the third it REALLY came down. Plus a heavy fog settled over the park where you couldn't even see the scoreboard over the bleachers. At least they called todays game early, as we may get up to 6 inches of rain in the next 2 days. QUACK

The downpours in eastern Mass. today and tomorrow may lead to overflowing rivers, impassable roads, and flooded basements. Total rainfall this weekend could be 3 to 6 inches north of Boston, less in the city and south. Tonight's Red Sox game has been postponed.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/05/13/offense_dries_up_in_rain/
By Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff | May 13, 2006
Last night, the Red Sox were fighting the weather. They were fighting Texas starter Kameron Loe's heavy, biting sinkers. Most of all, they were fighting the pace that the Rangers, who were anxious to make the game official, were setting while the rain continued to pelt the field.

SluggersAway
05-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm sure everyone was forced to go to the park and forced to buy concessions.

Fenway
05-14-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm sure everyone was forced to go to the park and forced to buy concessions.lf you bought the tickets 3 months ago what choice do have? go or eat them so ya you are "forced"

they just called Sunday's game too. We have had 8 inches of rain information 2 days send an ark quick