PDA

View Full Version : Anybody gonna be watching this game tonight?

SoxFanPrope
05-12-2006, 05:02 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060511&content_id=1449223&vkey=news_phi&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

Hamels wowed the Phillies in his three starts for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. He struck out 36 and walked just one in his 23 innings of work, leaving with a microscopic 0.39 ERA.
The performances have quickly created believers in Philadelphia, including at least one in the dugout.
"I'm excited to see him pitch," manager Charlie Manuel said. "If he can stay cool and pitch the way he's capable of pitching and the way he's been pitching, I think he'll be OK."

36:1 strikeout to walk ratio!!!

ChiSoxRowand
05-12-2006, 06:08 PM
I would try to catch it if it was on TV, but I will sure as hell watch the highlights. Hammels will be a good pitcher if he can stay healthy, but he hasn't been able to throughout his career.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-12-2006, 09:14 PM
I listened to the game while he was in it. He was throwing some nasty stuff at times (getting Griffey twice) but he also threw a lot of pitches and went deep into counts, walking several hitters. The announcers (I listened to the Phillies crew) said the mound was flat at Cincinnati and many pitchers complain about it so that may have had something to do with the lack of control.

FedEx227
05-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Nice start by the youngster.

Rowands replacement had a nice game too.

Hamels might be a god-send, if the Phillies could EVER get some consistent pitching they would be the best in the NL East no doubt.