PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Lemon

TheKittle
05-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Chet's kid will be in the 2006 draft. I wonder if he's on the White Sox draft lists.

Tried to see what Baseball America online, had on him but nothing.

It would be great to another Lemon play for the White Sox.

http://www.usabaseball.com/sports/m-jr-basebl/mtt/lemon_marcus00.html

Lip Man 1
05-12-2006, 04:41 PM
When I intervied Chet I spoke to his son briefly. Chet is very proud of him. Says he's a very hard worker and is grounded the right way. He answered me with 'yes sir' or 'no sir.'

He's a shortstop (like Chet was when he first came up...) don't know if he'll stay at that position or not.

I don't think the Sox will have a shot at him myself but you never know. I have seen reports he could be a top 10 pick.

Lip

Kevin
05-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I went to high school with a few of his AAU teammates at Boone High School in Orlando. They say the kid is just unbelievable. In the last few years our immediate area produced Kotchman, Prince Fielder, Rickie Weekes, Zack Grienke, Willy Mo Pena, Mike Maroth and countless prospects. Going a little further back it's A.J., Damon, Varitek, Wakefield, Bellhorn and Paul Wilson. I have heard a number of coaches say that he's the best the area has ever seen.

chaerulez
05-12-2006, 06:03 PM
It'd be great to see this guy drop to the Sox pick. Doesn't look like it'll happen though.

TheKittle
05-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Too bad baseball has the Inky rule, where draft picks aren't allowed to be traded. Though I'm not saying the White Sox should trade alot to move up to draft Marcus, if he is really rated that highly.

The rule came after Pete Inca (I won't even try to spell it) was drafted by the Expos and cried his way into being traded to the Rangers, where he swung and miss a lot.