PDA

View Full Version : Na Na Hey Hey...

dwalteroo
05-12-2006, 01:01 PM
I was at the park on Wednesday for the soaking. I have to say it wasn't the best game (never mind the fact that I'm now 1-3 on the season for games attended...yikes!). Anywho, when they played "Na Na Hey Hey" when pulling opposing pitchers, I noticed something...

The recording they have of Nancy is too fast. That's why people don't sing it as much - it's hard to keep up with. I know this is ridiculous, but Nancy would always start it out slow and let it build - it got people singing. They need to get a better recording. Has anyone else noticed this?

soxfan13
05-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Wasnt the use of the word anywho on the "I dont like" thread

CHISOXFAN13
05-12-2006, 01:03 PM
I was at the park on Wednesday for the soaking. I have to say it wasn't the best game (never mind the fact that I'm now 1-3 on the season for games attended...yikes!). Anywho, when they played "Na Na Hey Hey" when pulling opposing pitchers, I noticed something...

The recording they have of Nancy is too fast. That's why people don't sing it as much - it's hard to keep up with. I know this is ridiculous, but Nancy would always start it out slow and let it build - it got people singing. They need to get a better recording. Has anyone else noticed this?

Buddy of mine said the same thing Tuesday night.

soxinem1
05-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Not only that, but it sounds muffled and monotone. Plus, when you've heard if a few times, it is actually annoying because you know it's not Nancy, and two, the timing is way too quick. Nancy always does a slow intro, this recording just jumps at you.

Mr.1Dog
05-12-2006, 01:25 PM
It is also a different sounding organ. Instead of the Hammond, it sounds more like a Rhodes synthesizer.

FARMEO
05-12-2006, 03:26 PM
The version of Kiss Him Goodbye is from the Nancy Faust's Favorites tape that you can buy in the gift shop. The Sox didn't bother recording a version to play during the games when Nancy isn't playing.

sullythered
05-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Somebody email Brooks. I'm sure he'd be all over it. I would myself, but I don't know his email. If anyone does, let him know.

mike squires
05-12-2006, 05:12 PM
the times I have heard it on TV, it sounds like EVERYBODY is singing it. More than usual. I kinda like the way they keep playing it after the hey hey goodbye...

ewokpelts
05-12-2006, 05:21 PM
i hear people sing it MORE now than ever before...nancy's current version takes too long to start up...the tape gets right to the point....

Gene

twsoxfan5
05-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I personally think it is over used. I don't like when we play the song after a pitcher is taken out after if he has had a good outing. Or if someone comes in and has one scoreless inning and then is taken out the next inning for a match up or something. I feel like Nancy used to use some discretion, though not much, when playing it but now it is used everytime a pitcher leaves. Don't get me wrong I love the song but only when it is used at the right time.

dugwood31
05-13-2006, 12:49 PM
I was at the game on Wedsnesday too. It seemed like it was a really old recording. If I recall (I'm 35 years old), back in the 80s Nancy would play this version -- louder, faster, more raucous. Am I crazy?

ewokpelts
05-13-2006, 01:43 PM
I was at the game on Wedsnesday too. It seemed like it was a really old recording. If I recall (I'm 35 years old), back in the 80s Nancy would play this version -- louder, faster, more raucous. Am I crazy?no...the recording is closer to what i remember as a kid vs. today's version....

Gene