View Full Version : Singleton happy with trade

Paulwny
01-30-2002, 08:38 PM
http://www.canoe.ca/Slam020130/mlb_bal-ap.html

CLR01
01-30-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
http://www.canoe.ca/Slam020130/mlb_bal-ap.html

Ofcourse he likes it. This move brings him closer to his future residence-1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC. Thats right folks, your future president.

Soxheads
01-30-2002, 09:54 PM
So CLR, who is your favorite current Sox player now?

RichH55
01-31-2002, 12:49 AM
Honestly as much as I like this deal from a Sox perspective, this gives Chris his best options as well....Starting CF and potential Leadoff...thats all he could hope to ask for,

Now it is just up to him as to what he will do with it..........

kermittheefrog
01-31-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
Honestly as much as I like this deal from a Sox perspective, this gives Chris his best options as well....Starting CF and potential Leadoff...thats all he could hope to ask for,

Now it is just up to him as to what he will do with it..........

Who wouldn't want to play center between Marty Cordova and Jeff Conine? That Orioles team is going places.

:slowswing
"They brought me in to replace Cal"

RichH55
01-31-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Who wouldn't want to play center between Marty Cordova and Jeff Conine? That Orioles team is going places.

:slowswing
"They brought me in to replace Cal"

LOL...fair enough, but Chris is a FA after the year and he gets a chance to prove himself in Baltimore...here all he gets is bench time, the Love of CLR and a rather ominoius "Twang......thump" hanging over his head

bjmarte
01-31-2002, 10:41 AM
I think Chris is going to have a good year for the O's this year, even at the plate. But I don't want to hear any whining from the Singleton lovers when it happens because I don't think he would have done well here if he had stayed.

RichH55
02-01-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by bjmarte
I think Chris is going to have a good year for the O's this year, even at the plate. But I don't want to hear any whining from the Singleton lovers when it happens because I don't think he would have done well here if he had stayed.
He could very well hit .300 again, but do you see power and walk numbers magically appearing?

RedPinStripes
02-01-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

He could very well hit .300 again, but do you see power and walk numbers magically appearing?

Never.