PDA

View Full Version : Is this from a Cubs game?

chaerulez
05-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I saw this pic on SI.com (it was about the World Cup and Dutch fans drinking and it causing people to call off work), and didn't think much of it. But then I realized the actual picture wasn't Dutch soccer fans (as it was in English) and I look closer and it seems like a picture from a Cubs game... I guess the whole drinking and not going to work stereotype does ring true.

(I don't know if this has ever been mentioned at WSI, and if it has sorry, but it's the first time I've seen this)

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/pete_mcentegart/05/11/ten.spot/tx_drunk.jpg

NonetheLoaiza
05-11-2006, 10:46 PM
It certainly would appear to be so. Everyone looks like they are wearing Cubs stuff.

ChiSoxLifer
05-11-2006, 10:48 PM
It couldn't be, because all female cubs fans are sooooo hot.

Scottiehaswheels
05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
It couldn't be, because all female cubs fans are sooooo hot.She does look like a sort of hairless hamster doesn't she?

ChiSoxLifer
05-11-2006, 11:04 PM
I'd rather sleep with the hamster.

thomas35forever
05-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Be careful with your assumptions, fellas. Remember what happened with that trough-diving video we thought was from a Cubs game? Just a heads-up.

FedEx227
05-12-2006, 12:15 AM
But the fact that 7 of the 9 people actually visable in the picture are wearing Cubs gear sorta leads me to believe its not a Tampa Yankees game.

Hitmen77
05-12-2006, 12:22 PM

Is it me, or do we only see this idiotic signs at Wrigley? There should be an archive of the stupid **** those fans proudly display on their signs at that dump of a ballpark. Further proof that they are the WORST fans in baseball.

A few classic Cub fans signs I recall from the past few years:

- "Dear Cubs, Please Stop Losing" (actually shown in the Cubune's Sox Championship book!)
- "Willing to Trade Wins for Sammy HRs"

Chicken Dinner
05-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Is it me, or do we only see this idiotic signs at Wrigley? There should be an archive of the stupid **** those fans proudly display on their signs at that dump of a ballpark. Further proof that they are the WORST fans in baseball.

- "Dear Cubs, Please Stop Losing" (actually shown in the Cubune's Sox Championship book!)
I guess you could say "at least their honest".

voodoochile
05-12-2006, 12:33 PM
It actually appears to be one of the playoff games from 2003. The woman holding the sign appears to be wearing a National League Central Division Champions t-shirt.

chaerulez
05-12-2006, 06:07 PM

I thought this sign was stupid enough, but if anyone brings a sign to a game (or any sports event for that matter) asking for their team to lose, they deserve to be thrown out.

Railsplitter
05-13-2006, 11:46 AM

Don't people who are drunk deny they are intoxicated?