PDA

View Full Version : Rotation Question?

Qdaddy
05-11-2006, 06:29 PM
With the Sox being rained out today does the rotation get pushed back one day? Is Garland start tomorrow against the Twins instead of Vazquez? The reason why i'm asking is because I have Cubs/Sox tickets and I trying to figure out who's going to be pitching the 1st game on the 19th against the Scrubs MB? or F. Garcia?

Thanks, and GO SOX!

Chicken Dinner
05-11-2006, 06:46 PM
It will be Garland vs. Santana

MERPER
05-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Whitesox.com was reporting vazquez vs. santana... but i guess that changed.. great, our worst starter against a guy we can't hit... i guess we're just trying to lose games now.. 23-11 here we come...

Chicken Dinner
05-11-2006, 06:53 PM
As for the present effect of the rainout, pitching coach Don Cooper believed that the rotation would be moved back one day but still would stay on turn. He had not yet been able to discuss the plan with Guillen when contacted Thursday afternoon. Jon Garland would start Friday's series opener in Minneapolis against Johan Santana, followed by Javier Vazquez against Brad Radke, Mark Buehrle against Carlos Silva for Sunday night's ESPN national telecast and Freddy Garcia facing Scott Baker in Monday afternoon's series finale. The White Sox still would need a fifth starter, with Brandon McCarthy having another day to prepare for Tuesday's series opener in St. Petersburg against the Devil Rays.

GoSox2K3
05-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Whitesox.com was reporting vazquez vs. santana... but i guess that changed.. great, our worst starter against a guy we can't hit... i guess we're just trying to lose games now.. 23-11 here we come...

:darkclouds: :chickenlittle

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Whitesox.com was reporting vazquez vs. santana... but i guess that changed.. great, our worst starter against a guy we can't hit... i guess we're just trying to lose games now.. 23-11 here we come...They should just cut him.

chisoxfanatic
05-11-2006, 09:12 PM

Let last year be last year. If my memory recalls correctly, we hit him pretty good in our only time facing him THIS year on the 21st of April! A 7-1 win!

SoxSpeed22
05-11-2006, 09:16 PM
While everyone's making fun of the dark cloud statement. I really enjoy that our "worst" starter is 4-1 with a 2.88 ERA and over 40 innings pitched.

JB98
05-11-2006, 09:26 PM
While everyone's making fun of the dark cloud statement. I really enjoy that our "worst" starter is 4-1 with a 2.88 ERA and over 40 innings pitched.

I think the dark cloud poster was referring to Garland, not Vazquez, when he made the statement about our "worst starter."

Evidently, Garland vs. Santana is an automatic loss for the Sox, although I recall Jon beating Santana 2-1 in the dome in a 2004 game. Does the matchup favor us? Nope, but I'm not willing to concede defeat that easily.

There's no good reason on this earth to skip Garland's turn and start Vazquez tomorrow. None whatsoever. I'm not willing to alter the rotation for the sake of trying to win a game in May against the fourth-place Twins.

SoxSpeed22
05-11-2006, 09:29 PM
That makes sense.
That place has always been tough, especially with Santana pitching. Garland will have to be on.

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I think the dark cloud poster was referring to Garland, not Vazquez, when he made the statement about our "worst starter."

Evidently, Garland vs. Santana is an automatic loss for the Sox, although I recall Jon beating Santana 2-1 in the dome in a 2004 game. Does the matchup favor us? Nope, but I'm not willing to concede defeat that easily.

There's no good reason on this earth to skip Garland's turn and start Vazquez tomorrow. None whatsoever. I'm not willing to alter the rotation for the sake of trying to win a game in May against the fourth-place Twins.Now you're just making sense. Stop that immediately!

JB98
05-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Now you're just making sense. Stop that immediately!

You get the sense that some people think it will be a devastating tragedy if we should fall to 23-11 tomorrow night. Frankly, I have no idea whether our hitters will do anything against Santana. If Johan is really on, the odds are against us regardless of who we send to the mound. Hopefully, he'll be off, and we'll get on him. I have confidence Garland will keep us in the game regardless.

Lip Man 1
05-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I was at the Friday night game versus the Royals and Garland was all over the place, he was in constant trouble but to his credit showed enough guts and moxy to get out of it and go seven innings.

I don't think he could have done that three years ago.

He's not an ace but he's pretty damn good, I'll take my chances with him or anyone else in the Sox starting rotation.

Lip

oeo
05-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Garland hasn't been that bad this year...what's all the fuss? Watching those long, terrible innings by Haeger yesterday made me appreciate Garland that much more.

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2006, 10:11 PM
:jerry You should juggle the rotation every time through so your best pitchers get the least rest and the worst pitchers get the most.

JB98
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
:jerry You should juggle the rotation every time through so your best pitchers get the least rest and the worst pitchers get the most.

And if you win the first two games of a critical three-game set in August, start Cotts in the finale.