PDA

View Full Version : A question about the Board for PHG and FWC

Dadawg_77
07-29-2001, 10:49 AM
I can't seem to get the message board at work, using net. 4.75. I can see the heading up the link to main WSI page, but nothing under it. And even one time the link to the message board took me to the old board. I'm not sure but could a firwall or something else prevent half of the page from not showing up? Or do I need to inable some Java option or install a plug in?

FarWestChicago
07-29-2001, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I can't seem to get the message board at work, using net. 4.75. I can see the heading up the link to main WSI page, but nothing under it. And even one time the link to the message board took me to the old board. I'm not sure but could a firwall or something else prevent half of the page from not showing up? Or do I need to inable some Java option or install a plug in?

I'm not sure when you checked last. I discovered on Friday (I think) that Netscrape couldn't handle the code for the left navigation column. I messed with it for a while, but I couldn't get it to work. So I removed it. Without the left column I could see everything with Netscrape 4.7. You would need Java enabled, though.

Dadawg_77
07-29-2001, 11:23 AM
FYI: I saw the sidebar on Thurs night (i think but I did see it) with Netscape 6.1 beta

FarWestChicago
07-29-2001, 11:27 AM
FYI: I saw the sidebar on Thurs night (i think but I did see it) with Netscape 6.1 beta

Netscape 6.x is much better at handling code that 4.7. I rarely see anything about 6.x causing problems. It's that blast from the past 4.7 that that is very picky and can't deal with a lot of code.