PDA

View Full Version : Smoltz and Jones to the Sox Rumor

DrGiggles
05-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Remember, just a made up rumor, but what a dream. I'm sorry if this has been posted. I looked but couldn't find it. Looks like Kenny is looking for a big deal. I'm not too fond of Smoltz, but could you imagine getting Jones. I don't believe any of it, but its worth a dream. Here is the link (registration required) http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/rozner.asp?id=187531. If needed I will post the whole article. If this doesn't belong here, please move it.

DrGiggles
05-11-2006, 06:11 PM
If that link doesn't work try this one also. http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/rozner.asp

Chisox003
05-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Riiiiiight......

DrGiggles
05-11-2006, 06:20 PM
LOL I totally agree...just put it up there for the laughs.

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey Rozner, time to come up for air.

:bong:

Chisox1500
05-11-2006, 07:33 PM
It's merely a metaphor for Kenny's ability to make a big deal. This is not a rumor.

gbergman
05-11-2006, 09:44 PM
first off the only use for smoltz would be as a set up man
andrew joneswould hit better than BA but where? unless your going to put him in thr 5th spot or 6th their is no use for him at the very bottom

chaerulez
05-11-2006, 10:25 PM
It's merely a metaphor for Kenny's ability to make a big deal. This is not a rumor.

Yes, people here should learn to read articles more carefully. He doesn't present it as a rumor and everyone is taking it out of context. It's an example of how he feels KW works his magic.

gobears1987
05-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey Rozner, time to come up for air.

:bong:
I'm Tony Montana!

MERPER
05-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Kenny has had a history of going after guys he's coveted for a while.. see Vazquez, Thome, etc.... that being said, is this a shock? The Braves, if not competing come midsummer would look to drop payroll and Smoltz and Jones are their highest paid player.. We've been interested in Jones for sometime.. Assuming Crede re-signs, which by all indications he will, a package of Josh Fields, Brian Anderson and a pitcher can make this work.. our farm system is stacked and you all know KW says that minor leaguers are there to strengthen the major league club....

If he really wants to DOMINATE.. Jones would make our lineup and defense the best in baseball and Smoltz would give us unbelievable insurance for the rotation or BULLPEN...

Not saying this will happen, but it's not that far-fetched and I happen to like Barry Rozner....

Jurr
05-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Wasn't that the big rumor a couple of years ago? Maggs for both of those guys? I may be mistaken.

MadetoOrta
05-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Wasn't that the big rumor a couple of years ago? Maggs for both of those guys? I may be mistaken.

You are correct.

crazyozzie02
05-12-2006, 08:23 AM
I may be called a drugie for what im about to say, but i like this trade. I know that its not a rumor, but i really do like it. We could trade Judy Garland while he still has some worth and throw in B.A. We get a good offensive and decent defensive center fielder and a pitcher that still has some worth. (so far Judy is proving me Estaban Effect) Oh well, thats my two cents.

Colin