PDA

View Full Version : Sox praise on Baseball 2nite

hawkjt
05-11-2006, 02:31 PM
last nite was good to hear. It is weird that on a nite the sox lose they decide to do a little feature on them and the three panelists Kruk,Reynolds, and Ravech all agreed that the Sox were clear cut best team in baseball and odds on favorites to be back in the world series.

They also agreed that the Cardinals will be the likely opponent.

Can you imagine the hype for Sox-Cards series next month? And with the Astros coming in right afterwards with Clemens probably pitching for them?

Those tickets will be absolutely golden. Cards fans are getting revved up already and the red horde will be out in force.

Super tough ticket series this year- Cardinals,Astros,Cubs,Yankees,Red Sox.

Facing the card in the series works for me. Midwest baseball in October- you cannot beat it,baby. The tradition of the cards, Albert vs Big Jim, Mulder(chicago kid) vs Burls & Crede (mizzou boys), BA (upcoming defensive centerfielder star vs Edmonds,aging centerfielder star)

I am getting prematurely psyched up just thinking about it.

DumpJerry
05-11-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm thinking a Sox/Mets World Series would be a ratings blockbuster. The two oldest baseball towns duking it out (sans Cubs and Yankees!) is too much to pass up!

As a side nots, it would be fun to watch Cub fans conflicted about whom to cheer for. After all, this could be viewed by them as revenge for 1969.

Scottiehaswheels
05-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Why not Sox vs. Reds.. or Sox vs. Dodgers? either one would be cool in a historical perspective

palehozenychicty
05-11-2006, 02:41 PM
last nite was good to hear. It is weird that on a nite the sox lose they decide to do a little feature on them and the three panelists Kruk,Reynolds, and Ravech all agreed that the Sox were clear cut best team in baseball and odds on favorites to be back in the world series.

Can you imagine the hype for Sox-Cards series next month? And with the Astros coming in right afterwards with Clemens probably pitching for them?

Those tickets will be absolutely golden. Cards fans are getting revved up already and the red horde will be out in force.

Facing the card in the series works for me. Midwest baseball in October- you cannot beat it,baby. The tradition of the cards, Albert vs Big Jim, Mulder(chicago kid) vs Burls & Crede (mizzou boys), BA (upcoming defensive centerfielder star vs Edmonds,aging centerfielder star)

it's always good to get media burn, despite how begrudingly it comes from the charade of baseball journalism, known as baseball tonite. the jury is still out on the cards. other than pujols, their lineup is average at best. and other than carpenter, their rotation is average. i think if pedro, glavine, and trachsel hold up, the metropolitans will be the NL rep. they are for real.

maurice
05-11-2006, 02:43 PM
The tradition of the cards, Albert vs Big Jim, Mulder(chicago kid) vs Burls & Crede (mizzou boys)

Politte and Cotts also are from the St. Louis area, and Thome is from Peoria.

Nellie_Fox
05-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Why not Sox vs. Reds.. or Sox vs. Dodgers? either one would be cool in a historical perspectiveBecause the Reds don't have the pitching to hold up over the long haul, and because the NL West is a complete joke.

Scottiehaswheels
05-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Because the Reds don't have the pitching to hold up over the long haul, and because the NL West is a complete joke.True... But the Cards aren't the same team/same pitching as in past years... I really don't think they are the NL team to beat this year... Really opens up the field...

palehozenychicty
05-11-2006, 03:18 PM
True... But the Cards aren't the same team/same pitching as in past years... I really don't think they are the NL team to beat this year... Really opens up the field...

I think we'll be in Queens come october. The mets look like a postseason team. they can run, gut out wins, beat your brains in, and have a strong bullpen. in the weak nl, that'll be enough.

DumpJerry
05-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Politte and Cotts also are from the St. Louis area, and Thome is from Peoria.
:burly
Forgetting someone?

rwcescato
05-11-2006, 04:25 PM

I am just thinking about winning the division again 1st. 95-99 wins should do it. Can you imagine the Sox actually making the playoffs 2 years in a row. There is not even a strike date to stop this from possibly happening.
Rich

MERPER
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM
I go to the University of Missouri so I have to deal with Cardinals fans all the time... I'm not hearing much about the series with us, all I keep hearing from them is how they still think they're the best team in baseball and how if they were in the World Series last year, they would've beaten us DESPITE the fact that we SWEPT the team they lost to in 6 games...

I don't just want to beat the Red Birds... I want to demolish them, then get in my car and run over them going in reverse before pulling forward and moving on with the rest of the season...

goon
05-11-2006, 05:32 PM
how about winning division and making the playoffs.

maurice
05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
:burly
Forgetting someone?

Um, no. Re-read my post, particularly the part where I quoted hawkjt.

buehrle4cy05
05-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Why not Sox vs. Reds

I'd rather not spend the entire postseason hearing about the 1919 Black Sox scandal, thank you very much.

cws05champ
05-11-2006, 11:02 PM
I would really like to beat the Yanks in the ALCS and the Mets in the WS, that would be awsome! I'm sure NYC would be sick of the WhiteSox and the East coast bias would have no excuses...:D:

cbotnyse
05-11-2006, 11:11 PM
I'd rather not spend the entire postseason hearing about the 1919 Black Sox scandal, thank you very much.

true that......I just finished a good book about the Black Sox, that is simply a big black eye in White Sox history that needs to be forgotten. it would be non stop comparisons for 2 weeks...I could live without that

elrod
05-12-2006, 01:32 AM
A Mets-White Sox World Series would be unbelievable. Those two teams have always been my favorites. In fact, I'm a White Sox fan because one of my first baseball cards was Jerry Koosman, when he was on the Sox in 1982. I'd read about Koosman in 1969 on the Mets and decided he was my favorite Met pitcher of all time. To this day, the Sox and Mets are my favorite teams (though the Nats are a favorite too, considering I moved to DC in 1986).

slavko
05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
We look great so far, but it's only May 12. Calm down and stop acting like Cub fans. I personally can't understand why they don't hate the Mets more than they do, maybe it's a case of most of them becoming fans sometime after the Most Embarrassing Collapse of All in 1969.

Lip Man 1
05-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Get to the post season first and then you can start to discuss World Series opponents.

Let's not put the cart before the horse here folks.

Lip

White Sox Randy
05-12-2006, 12:01 PM
My hope would go like this...

White Sox beat Oakland in LDS.

Then, the White Sox beat the Yankees in the LCS.

My World Series opponents in order of preference:

Cardinals (my second favorite team, great franchise history, Pujols, proximity and cub fans so conflicted / jealous )

Mets ( Pedro, New York, D.Wright vs. Crede, New York, Beltran,Delgado, C.Floyd,Wagner and Reyes, New York, cub fans so conflicted / jealous, and oh yea...New York )

Dodgers ( 1959, LA- celebs, great franchise history, LA hype, Gagne, Nomar and Kent )

Giants ( Bonds, Schmidt, Vizquel and Alou - SF west coast hype )

Brewers ( next door, C.Lee, Sheets, Fielder etc. , cub fans would jump off buildings )

DumpJerry
05-12-2006, 02:01 PM
My hope would go like this...
Giants ( Bonds, Schmidt, Vizquel and Alou - SF west coast hype )

You can forget the Giants. They aren't going anywhere. Bonds will be out of baseball any day now once he hits 715. I'm told that watching him try to run is a painful experience. His body won't and can't hold up for an entire season.

Malgar 12
05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
I think we'll be in Queens come october. The mets look like a postseason team. they can run, gut out wins, beat your brains in, and have a strong bullpen. in the weak nl, that'll be enough.

Those uniforms in the Worlds Series... NEVER!

Railsplitter
05-13-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm thinking a Sox/Mets World Series would be a ratings blockbuster. The two oldest baseball towns duking it out (sans Cubs and Yankees!) is too much to pass up!

As a side nots, it would be fun to watch Cub fans conflicted about whom to cheer for. After all, this could be viewed by them as revenge for 1969.

I've always laughed at the "hated" Mets, yet Sclub fans wallow in the "lovable losers" image the Mets pioneered.