PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Day Fun! Ode to Contreras/Mrs. Robinson

Berkules
05-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Okay, now get "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel in your head and sing along with these lyrics instead...the title of the song is now "Senor AL Cy Young"

Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo....

So here's to you, Senor AL Cy Young
We all love you more than Fidel Castro- oh oh oh
God bless your hip, Senor AL Cy Young
You'll pitch again a week from this Sunday- hey hey hey, throwin' Ks

We'd like to know a little bit about your MRI
We'd like to help your hip to better health
Look around the Cell at all the sympathetic guys
Skip the road trip then come beat the Cubs at home

Goo goo ga choob, Senor AL Cy Young
Ozzie loves you more than Fidel Castro- oh oh oh
God bless your streak, Senor AL Cy Young
There's a place for you in Doubleday- hey hey hey, 1-0 in May

Put on the DL on a Wednesday afternoon
Call up a kid from Triple-A
Should McCarthy start or not oh it's so hard to choose?
Was it Jenks or Haeger that made us lose?

Goo goo ga choob, Senor AL Cy Young
ChiTown loves you just like Shoeless Joe- oh oh oh
You don't throw cheese, Senor AL Cy Young
You can throw that fastball next Sunday, hey hey hey, 27 Ks

30 wins a season is where no one ever goes
If you get past that we'll have some cupcakes
It's no secret you're the league's best Cuban player
Most of all you're on the best team in the Bigs!

Where have you gone Bobby Jenks' curveball?
The White Sox universe relied on you- boo hoo hoo
What's that you say, Senor AL Cy Young?
If you'd have pitched you'd thrown a complete game- hey hey hey, it's okay

-EH

WSox8404
05-11-2006, 01:16 PM
HaHa not too shabby. See that is called imagination, something I have little of.

Berkules
05-11-2006, 01:47 PM
HaHa not too shabby. See that is called imagination, something I have little of.
thanks- i just wish more people would read it.. it must be my new reputation...incessant apologies...i don't want to be known as the "thome steroid accuser" it was humiliation enough being verbally demolished by palehosegeorge. im really a nice, well rounded, reasonable guy

Fabs
05-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Wow! That is great!! Nicely done.
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Chisox003
05-11-2006, 01:51 PM
it was humiliation enough being verbally demolished by palehosegeorge. im really a nice, well rounded, reasonable guy
:rolling:

That's not exactly a bad thing Berk. In fact, consider yourself lucky that this god amongst men named PHG took his time to rip into you...personally!

That said, :welcome: .... stick around, and whatever you do, don't mess with a dude named Jjav. You know that mean old man who always yelled at you to stay off his lawn when you were a kid? Ya, that's Jjav. :redneck

Kidding, kidding....no seriously, watch out.

Baby Fisk
05-11-2006, 01:56 PM
thanks- i just wish more people would read it.. it must be my new reputation...incessant apologies...i don't want to be known as the "thome steroid accuser" it was humiliation enough being verbally demolished by palehosegeorge. im really a nice, well rounded, reasonable guy
Oh you are totally Unfounded Allegations Guy for the time being. :wink:

Wear it like a badge of honour until you can win everyone's hearts over with some other memorable quirkiness (eg. fixating on the Cubs, fixating on Soy, fixating on the Simpsons, fixating on the movie Snakes on a Plane, etc. Although you are already in the running for Amusing Lyrics Guy, so keep up the good work. :)

Unregistered
05-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh you are totally Unfounded Allegations Guy for the time being. :wink:

Wear it like a badge of honour until you can win everyone's hearts over with some other memorable quirkiness (eg. fixating on the Cubs, fixating on Soy, fixating on the Simpsons, fixating on the movie Snakes on a Plane, etc. Although you are already in the running for Amusing Lyrics Guy, so keep up the good work. :)Yeah, I s'pose it's better than not being known at all...

Unregistered
05-11-2006, 05:42 PM
You know that mean old man who always yelled at you to stay off his lawn when you were a kid? Ya, that's Jjav. :redneck
Except Jjav is only 17. He's still mean, though. :wink:

WSox8404
05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Except Jjav is only 17. He's still mean, though. :wink:

Wow. 17 huh? Jeez I'm almost 22 and wouldn't want to go against him even now that I know he is 17.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-11-2006, 06:21 PM
That was really cool man.

If you play guitar you should record it and post it. Or send it into MJH, they love stuff like that.

I'm a fan of S&G, they have some really good tunes.

Unregistered
05-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Wow. 17 huh? Jeez I'm almost 22 and wouldn't want to go against him even now that I know he is 17.
He's an old 17. He's seen some ****. It's almost like 17 in dog years...