PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the call?

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Who gets the callup to fill the bullpen spot today? It looks like either Tracey or Nelson to me. Anyone heard anything about Nelson? I know he's in Tuscon in extended spring training, but is he ready to go?

Chicken Dinner
05-11-2006, 10:36 AM
This was reported on the 9th.

Minor-league report

Reliever Jeff Nelson, signed last week to a minor-league contract, is scheduled to report to Triple-A Charlotte in a few days, farm director Dave Wilder said.

Nelson has spent the last week in extended spring in Tucson, re-conditioning his arm after being one of the last cuts in spring training with the Cardinals.

HotelWhiteSox
05-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I heard it was Tracey

Berkules
05-11-2006, 11:41 AM
I heard it was Tracey
no pen needed in a complete game

drewcifer
05-11-2006, 11:53 AM
no pen needed in a complete game

I love that optimism!

Now for some reality:

Garland starts tonight.

Lip Man 1
05-11-2006, 11:54 AM
I think it will be Tracy and he'll be around until the 20th when Contreras returns.

When (or if) Nelson is ever ready to go, he comes up and either Thornton or Logan leaves.

When Williams pulls a deal then the other one of those two is gone.

Lip

rdwj
05-11-2006, 11:54 AM
I love that optimism!

Now for some reality:

Garland starts tonight.

More optimism - he's getting better!

drewcifer
05-11-2006, 11:55 AM
I think it will be Tracy and he'll be around until the 20th when Contreras returns.

When (or if) Nelson is ever ready to go, he comes up and either Thornton or Logan leaves.

Lip

Why would either have to leave? There's room on the roster...

Chicken Dinner
05-11-2006, 11:55 AM

Lip

I vote Thornton.

oeo
05-11-2006, 12:06 PM
I love that optimism!

Now for some reality:

Garland starts tonight.

Not only that, but whoever it is, is eventually going to see some time. It's not just one game, he's got until May 20th.

DaleJRFan
05-11-2006, 12:22 PM

Lip

I'm thinking that when Nelson is ready, whenever that is, Logan goes down. In order to send down Thornton, he would need to clear waivers. Why waive a guy like Thornton to take a risk on Nelson, who could end up sucking just as bad?? If Nelson fails, call Logan back up. [ shoulder shrug ]

tacosalbarojas
05-11-2006, 12:22 PM
According to AM1000 it's Montero.

DaleJRFan
05-11-2006, 12:24 PM
According to AM1000 it's Montero.

Uh Oh! Mr. blown save himself. He was a gas can in ST... He had pulle dit together so far in AAA though, right???

tacosalbarojas
05-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Uh Oh! Mr. blown save himself. He was a gas can in ST... He had pulle dit together so far in AAA though, right???Looked like it from that stingy ERA I saw, but you never know.

DaleJRFan
05-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Looked like it from that stingy ERA I saw, but you never know.

Yea, I was just checking out his stats on the Knights web site, looks pretty darn good to me.

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Yea, I was just checking out his stats on the Knights web site, looks pretty darn good to me.So did Haeger's. So did a lot of guys they've called up over the years. Big jump from AAA to the show. I'm sure Ozzie will use him sparingly.

Chicken Dinner
05-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Yea, I was just checking out his stats on the Knights web site, looks pretty darn good to me.

So did Haeger's..............:mg:

WSox8404
05-11-2006, 01:10 PM
I vote Thornton.

Me too. When he comes in you know he is guarenteed to walk at least one person.

alohafri
05-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Who gets the callup to fill the bullpen spot today? It looks like either Tracey or Nelson to me. Anyone heard anything about Nelson? I know he's in Tuscon in extended spring training, but is he ready to go?

Tracey Nelson? Didn't she star as that crime solving nun with Tom Bosely as the priest?