PDA

View Full Version : Heard On The Cubs Broadcast Last Night

WhteSox725
05-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Hopefully this won't fall under the specter of Flubssessed. I was interested in seeing what Barry would do against Zambrano so I was watching Barry Bonds' first at bat last night. With Barry coming up to bat I hear one of the most asanine things out of a broadcaster ever. They were showing the ball boy and the umpire switching out balls for the ones authenticated by MLB. While they are showing the ball switch Brenly pipes in and although I can't remember what was said verbatim he intimated that there was a ball conspiracy going on. He was wondering if they were switching out real baseballs for baseballs that are more juiced just for Bonds. At least Kaspar jumped in and explained that they were switching balls for those authenticated by MLB. I found it ridiculous to even suggest such a thing going on.

daveeym
05-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Hopefully this won't fall under the specter of Flubssessed. I was interested in seeing what Barry would do against Zambrano so I was watching Barry Bonds' first at bat last night. With Barry coming up to bat I hear one of the most asanine things out of a broadcaster ever. They were showing the ball boy and the umpire switching out balls for the ones authenticated by MLB. While they are showing the ball switch Brenly pipes in and although I can't remember what was said verbatim he intimated that there was a ball conspiracy going on. He was wondering if they were switching out real baseballs for baseballs that are more juiced just for Bonds. At least Kaspar jumped in and explained that they were switching balls for those authenticated by MLB. I found it ridiculous to even suggest such a thing going on. Man the Kool-aid works quick over there. Shame on Brenly. I thought Bud said they weren't authenticating the Ruth homer's since it wasn't a record? So ***?

soxfan13
05-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Man the Kool-aid works quick over there. Shame on Brenly. I thought Bud said they weren't authenticating the Ruth homer's since it wasn't a record? So ***?

I thought I read the same thing that they were not going to have any special marked balls for Bonds going into second

monkeypants
05-11-2006, 12:13 PM
I was watching that game at that time and heard it too. Brenly was saying that tounge in cheek. He wasn't really serious.

Max Power
05-11-2006, 12:15 PM
I thought I read the same thing that they were not going to have any special marked balls for Bonds going into second

They weren't, but after that was reported there was a big uproar from people that MLB wasn't respecting Bonds' achievement and/or that it would be impossible to know who caught the 614th home run. So MLB changed their mind and decided to use marked baseballs.

soxfan13
05-11-2006, 12:26 PM
They weren't, but after that was reported there was a big uproar from people that MLB wasn't respecting Bonds' achievement and/or that it would be impossible to know who caught the 614th home run. So MLB changed their mind and decided to use marked baseballs.

Who cares about catching the 614th ball:D:

HotelWhiteSox
05-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Jealous of Hawk

soxfan13
05-11-2006, 12:29 PM

Maybe its my hatred of Bonds but Im so sick of hearing the press talk about honoring his achievement of passing Ruth, When did we start honoring second place?

itsnotrequired
05-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Who cares about catching the 614th ball:D:

You have a time machine... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71024)