PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney DL'ed

KRS1
05-11-2006, 01:02 AM
No reason listed, but futuresox says it dates back to the 8th. If anyone finds out anymore about him let everyone know.

http://www.futuresox.com/frontpage/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=283

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-11-2006, 02:32 PM
And we signed INF Damian Rolls.

maurice
05-11-2006, 06:31 PM
He has a pulled hamstring.

kwolf68
05-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Interesting that they said Sweeney been playing CF in case Anderson kept struggling.

Wonder if that is speculation or a legitimate comment. Whatever the case, this keeps Sweeney out the picture for now.

maurice
05-17-2006, 04:36 PM
The plan since Spring Training (at least) was to have Owens and Sweeney play some CF this year. Last year, they played the corners with Chris Young in CF. (Young essentially was replaced with veteran corner OFers.) Owens was the Knights' primary CF before the injury.

BTW, I didn't see Sweeney when I was in Indy and forgot to ask about him. Sorry.

Randar68
05-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Interesting that they said Sweeney been playing CF in case Anderson kept struggling.

Wonder if that is speculation or a legitimate comment. Whatever the case, this keeps Sweeney out the picture for now.

You do that and you get what the Sox got against the Cubs on Sunday... Rob Mackowiak diving for the crucial Barrett liner that turned into a triple and broke the game open for the Cubs...

Anderson makes that play... The Sox don't need anything more than Anderson's defense, and everytime they have him out for a game it seems his replacement comes up just short on a crucial play that costs the Sox a game... it is not a coincidence.

kwolf68
05-22-2006, 01:37 PM
I agree Randar, but why wasn't he in there? I wasn't speculating one way or the other nor was I impugning BA's skills.

I will say that I thought about it when that ball went past Mack. Once the Sox were up 4-2 going into the 8th, Anderson needs to be in center. If he in fact does make that catch, the Sox win the baseball game.

The game just went bad for the Sox. Jose' was only taken out because the Cubs got a bunt down and a little flare into right field. They had no chance otherwise. Then our defense and pen let us down, something we rarely saw last year.

Yes, Anderson is a phenom in center field...to that end, I think he should never be out of the game we are winning after the 7th inning.

I think Anderson struggles at the plate showcase his professionalism. He is struggling at the plate, but he's not taking it out to CF...he's playing lights out, keeping his head in the game while on defense. That speaks the the guy's character.