PDA

View Full Version : Fan Signs at the Cell

Berkules
05-10-2006, 06:30 PM
When I get to see a Sox game on TV (e.g. when it's on WGN or against locals like the Angels and A's) I'm always impressed with the number of creative signs that Sox fans have. I saw one last night that said "Plu-THOME-um" then over the weekend there were the nuns with "Nuns love the Sox" and countless Crede signs of course.
This thread could really go anywhere...anyone seen/brought/will-forever-remember great signs?

(I've only made two good signs in my life; one for a Cal basketball game against Arizona that said "LUKE. I HATE YOUR FATHER" (luke walton) and one for a Sac Kings game that said "SORRY DIRK NO-WIN-SKI"

yeah. pretty lame.

MinnySoxFan
05-10-2006, 06:59 PM
When I get to see a Sox game on TV (e.g. when it's on WGN or against locals like the Angels and A's) I'm always impressed with the number of creative signs that Sox fans have. I saw one last night that said "Plu-THOME-um" then over the weekend there were the nuns with "Nuns love the Sox" and countless Crede signs of course.
This thread could really go anywhere...anyone seen/brought/will-forever-remember great signs?

(I've only made two good signs in my life; one for a Cal basketball game against Arizona that said "LUKE. I HATE YOUR FATHER" (luke walton) and one for a Sac Kings game that said "SORRY DIRK NO-WIN-SKI"

yeah. pretty lame.

When i am going to COTC and the next night, I will bring a sign saying

'Pier-Pressure is Great'

Milw
05-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Couple from last year's playoffs really stand out ...

"Is this Heaven? No, it's the South Side."

"What's the attendance at Wrigley today?"

And my personal favorite, a T-shirt on an attractive female: "I'll Neal for Cotts." :cool:

Brian26
05-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I saw one last night that was pretty good:

"Angels Go To Heaven. White Sox Go To The World Series!"

QCIASOXFAN
05-10-2006, 08:38 PM
I think the funniest sign I have seen was "Konerko gives me a Bonerko".

Milw
05-10-2006, 08:42 PM
:rolling:

Fabs
05-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Late last April '05 I had a sign that said "Winning Ugly Again", since the game was on WGN and I worked in the call letters.
I was elated after a 7th inning come from behind rally, so I was bouncing up and down with my sign.
(It was cold so I had my winter coat on, so don't think I was televised for other reasons) :tongue:
Well, it worked. Not only was I on TV for my 10 or so seconds of fame, but Hawk said, and I quote,
"Ah, 1983.... shades of 1983. Heck, she wasn't even in diapers in 1983".

And of course I was flattered that Hawk thought I was a teenager!

HomeFish
05-10-2006, 09:47 PM
I've done it quite a bit. Past signs of mine have included "My Grandmother vs Billy Koch: 8-for-16, 4 HR, 11 RBI" (for a game during which I sat right behind the bullpen), "Twins Magic Number: 911" (for a late 2005 series vs MIN), and, during the "bush league" All-Star vote, a sign that said "My grandfather died in 1992, but he voted for Podsednik 25 times", a sign that got me featured on FOX News at 9. Corey McPheren made a snide comment about me.

0o0o0
05-10-2006, 09:54 PM
I plan on making one that says "Kerry Sayers Rules, Chuck Garfein Drools"

Johnny Mostil
05-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I always loved the Sox Supporter signs . . .

ChiSoxGirl
05-10-2006, 10:39 PM
They showed a great one tonight on t.v.- "Sock it Tho-me." :thumbsup:

I want Mags back
05-10-2006, 10:44 PM
I think the funniest sign I have seen was "Konerko gives me a Bonerko".:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rol ling::rolling:

I want Mags back
05-10-2006, 10:46 PM
I plan on making one that says "Kerry Sayers Rules, Chuck Garfein Drools"

i dont get it, whats wrong with my man chuck. imactually meeting him on the 17th, he is coming to broadcasting class, since he is a graduate of our program

StockdaleForVeep
05-10-2006, 11:07 PM
When i went to ecw shows i had my japanese flag
a sign that said spiewak with an arrow pointin down
and a sign that said wcw couldnt hak it

that was my creativity

Evman5
05-10-2006, 11:08 PM

Speaking of which I saw Mrs. Bonerko....I mean Konerko at the game tonight

South Side
05-10-2006, 11:13 PM
I liked the sign they showed tonight of Thome's picture and Mr. Incredible's picture... "Thome=Mr. Incredible".

nug0hs
05-10-2006, 11:17 PM
While Sosa was still on the Cubs I made a sign for our interleague games:

SAVE WOOD
USE CORK

Double entendre?

Blob
05-11-2006, 12:21 AM
I liked the sign they showed tonight of Thome's picture and Mr. Incredible's picture... "Thome=Mr. Incredible".

We sat several rows behind that guy and girl tonight. I wondered if they were from WSI.

HotelWhiteSox
05-11-2006, 12:30 AM

Ha, one of the other teams in my Yahoo Public fantasy league is named Paul Bonerkos (I think it used to be Konerko's Bonerkos)

SOXPHILE
05-11-2006, 08:47 AM
During the 2003 games against the Cubs, I made one sign that said:

Sosa Trifecta:

Wife Beater

Steroid User

Bat Corker

Another one I brought said: Cubs Suck-O-Meter: 95 Years and Counting

NorthSideSox72
05-11-2006, 09:24 AM
We had a sign up during the ALCS and World Series:

Credo in Crede

If anyone knows Latin...

skottyj242
05-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Two years ago I had a "He Gong" poster.

mrfourni
05-11-2006, 10:24 AM
A friend of mine used to bring a sign and would change it depending on who was playing that day "Foulke the " (Indians, Yankees, etc.)

Dan Mega
05-11-2006, 10:28 AM
During a Sox/Cubs game after the cork incident, I made a sign that said "Once a cheater, always a cheater". The 'c' in 'cheater' was the Cubs symbol.

jamesto
05-11-2006, 03:03 PM
We enjoyed the sign we saw in right field last Wednesday.

"Hey Freddy, How About a 1 Hitter"

I don't think that one will ever make it on tv.

Chip Z'nuff
05-11-2006, 03:04 PM
"Where's Shakey Bones!"

roylestillman
05-11-2006, 03:26 PM
And from the past, the sign draped over the right field wall at old Comiskey "Claudell Washington Slept Here" in honor of our less than attentive RF from the late 70's

pdimas
05-11-2006, 03:27 PM
We sat several rows behind that guy and girl tonight. I wondered if they were from WSI.

We were directly behind them in Row 2. Stop by for a beer sometime as we are almost always there.

soxrme
05-11-2006, 03:34 PM
And from the past, the sign draped over the left field wall at old Comiskey "Claudell Washington Slept Here" in honor of our less than attentive RF from the late 70's
That was the funniest one I ever saw. Claudell hated it here and played like it.

Blob
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
We were directly behind them in Row 2. Stop by for a beer sometime as we are almost always there.

Cool, what seats?

We are in Row 9 seats 10 and 11.

pdimas
05-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Cool, what seats?

We are in Row 9 seats 10 and 11.

Row 2 Seats 9 and 10. Those are our season tix. You'll usually see me there with my dad. We make close to every game. Hes the Mexican with the beard and im the shorter one with the goatee. :smile:

My buddy Nick sits almost directly behind you in Row 10. He always comes down in the 5th inning to sit by us if there is room. Hey you sit by the Leave him in , Take him out guys. Those guys are a riot.

Blob
05-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Row 2 Seats 9 and 10. Those are our season tix. You'll usually see me there with my dad. We make close to every game. Hes the Mexican with the beard and im the shorter one with the goatee. :smile:

My buddy Nick sits almost directly behind you in Row 10. He always comes down in the 5th inning to sit by us if there is room. Hey you sit by the Leave him in , Take him out guys. Those guys are a riot.

OK, I think I know who you are. I know who Nick is, but didn't know his name. We sometimes see you call him down.

Actually, I do the Leave Him In part. Now you should be able to find me easily. We have been doing that for about 5-6 years now. It is really nice to have people joining in now!

Layla
05-11-2006, 05:38 PM

Thank you.

As a former Sox Supporter, I can say we had alot of fun coming up with signs.

And only one time can I remember a player suggesting his own sign.

digdagdug23
05-11-2006, 05:42 PM
to the scrubs/sox game on the 19th with my daughter who has a 1st class crush on Crede. She wanted to make a sign asking Crede to marry her, and I told her that he was already married. She has now changed the sign to read Crede, with a big X through the "Marry Me" part, and below it says "Consider Polygamy?"

Unregistered
05-11-2006, 05:45 PM
I've done it quite a bit. Past signs of mine have included "My Grandmother vs Billy Koch: 8-for-16, 4 HR, 11 RBI" (for a game during which I sat right behind the bullpen), "Twins Magic Number: 911" (for a late 2005 series vs MIN), and, during the "bush league" All-Star vote, a sign that said "My grandfather died in 1992, but he voted for Podsednik 25 times", a sign that got me featured on FOX News at 9. Corey McPheren made a snide comment about me.
And who can forget your famous "WE'RE NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET" sign when we clinched in Detroit and your classic "OUR PITCHERS WILL COME BACK DOWN TO EARTH SOONER THAN LATER" banner in game 2 of the World Series?

:cool:

whitesoxwilkes
05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
And who can forget your famous "WE'RE NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET" sign when we clinched in Detroit and your classic "OUR PITCHERS WILL COME BACK DOWN TO EARTH SOONER THAN LATER" banner in game 2 of the World Series?

:cool:

Hayoooooo!

I toted a "First Place, Second City" sign to a few games last year.

buehrle4cy05
05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
I was at the game last Sunday and one of the people I was with got us on TV and the jumbotron with a "I heart my pitchers Buehrle".

Milw
05-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Nobody better steal this one, but I'm planning on using this one for the Yankees series in August:

How's
Giambi
Hitting?

:D:

digdagdug23
05-11-2006, 06:18 PM
if I took it for the Yankmees/Sox series in NY?

Seriously though, I am afraid I might get beaten if I pulled that out in NY, I won't steal it.........

buehrle4cy05
05-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Nobody better steal this one, but I'm planning on using this one for the Yankees series in August:

How's
Giambi
Hitting?

:D:

:thumbsup:

the gooch
05-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Back in the day i made the STEROIDS ARE BAD sign.

FedEx227
05-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Of the ones I've done my favorites have to be: "Spiezio your band blows", "Please no Rick White" and "Daubach's Disciples"

slobes
05-11-2006, 11:39 PM
I think the funniest sign I have seen was "Konerko gives me a ko".

Haha I saw that last year at the ALDS. It was quite awkward with my 11 and 7 year old brothers walking right next to me...

Corlose 15
05-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Of the ones I've done my favorites have to be: "Spiezio your band blows", "Please no Rick White" and "Daubach's Disciples"

I've always maintained that instead of "Crede's Crew" they should be the "Apostles Crede".

Johnny74
05-12-2006, 09:01 AM
My favorite was one I saw at game one of the division series last year. It simply said "Konerko gives me a Bonerko!" I don't think that one got on TV.

cubsuck
05-12-2006, 12:00 PM
When I was up from Tampa for the Sunday April 23rd Twins game I saw...

THOME is my HOME-Y

Sec. 131 - great seats!! :) Great Win!

Go Go Sox!

White Sox Randy
05-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Suggestions for signs at the Sox / flubs series:

Flubs- 1930's last winning decade !

Sox vs. flubs
loveable winners vs. loveable losers

Is this heaven ? White Sox World Champions !

Hate baseball ? The flubs are for you.

Sox- back to back Championships !
Flubs - back to back losing seasons !

Flubs fans go back to loserville

Sox fans, please don't laugh at the flubs

Forever losers
Laughingstocks
Under .500 or Urine stenched stadium
Bad baseball
Settle for less

AnkleSox
05-12-2006, 01:21 PM
We enjoyed the sign we saw in right field last Wednesday.

"Hey Freddy, How About a 1 Hitter"

I don't think that one will ever make it on tv.

:rolling: That is by far one of the funniest things i've ever heard!

UofCSoxFan
05-12-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm going to the friday game at Wrigley. Right now I'm thinking with going with a simple sign:

On the Front: Cubs Baseball......a century of regress. (a play off the a century of progress slogan from the chicago world's fair).

On the Back: 1908

Sox-on-TV44
05-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Oh,yeah!

How I miss those signs they made back in the day.

PaleHosed
05-12-2006, 06:21 PM

My fantasy baseball league has a team named "Bonerko for Konerko." He saw that sign as well - it was during the playoffs last year right?

twentywontowin
05-12-2006, 07:31 PM
If you ever see the GLOAD guys with the letters on their chests, my buddy is the G.

sbinsc
05-14-2006, 09:47 PM
If you ever see the GLOAD guys with the letters on their chests, my buddy is the G.

How often do they "show their support" for Ross?

Support for Ross seems to range from the "follow the yellow brick Gload" type, or the "Ross has shot his Gload" haters.

MrRoboto83
05-14-2006, 10:28 PM
I sat behind some people last year that had a sign that said:

I HATE THE CHEVY PRIDE CREW

best sign I have seen in a long time

santo=dorf
05-14-2006, 10:45 PM
In 2003 I made a sign That read
Fluke
Year
Royals
but had uck
ou
underneath the giant F and Y. :cool:

Hangar made a sign for me in San Diego that read "Who's (take note Soxwon) your Padre now?"

I also enjoyed the baby holding a sign at the parade saying "I've been waiting two months for this!"

digdagdug23
05-15-2006, 01:40 AM
thought this one was pretty good if I do say so myself (made it tonight for Friday):

"Cubs fill the stands

Sox fill the trophy case!!!"

daughter made this one:

"NO You can't touch the trophy!"

digdagdug23
05-20-2006, 12:16 PM
We took both signs to the Cell Friday, and got high fives, kuddos, etc., the guys behind us were great, we only held them up during game breaks, ie: middle innings, inning ends, and at the end of the game. Funniest one though, far and away, Shelby made one " Joe Crede, can I have a kiss?" She went down to the dug out and help it up during batting practice. Well, Uribe was standing at the cage by Crede, and gave him a friendly shove and then Crede turned around to look. His face went from white to three shades of red, gave her a smile and a wave. She was so happy, she could have left right there and her day would have been complete. But alas, no kiss........;o) Not that she expected one, but that was one happy 15 year old. The whole trip home she replayed it for me.__________________

PaleHosed
05-21-2006, 08:46 PM
One i saw on tv today that I found funny "The Sox are the Champs and the Cubs can't Barrett!"

Keep some more of these coming. Some of these are great.

I seem to remember a thread that mentioned many of the old Sox Supporter signs but I searched and can't seem to find it. Linky anyone?

bayzbol44
05-22-2006, 07:38 AM
One i saw on tv today that I found funny "The Sox are the Champs and the Cubs can't Barrett!"

Keep some more of these coming. Some of these are great.

I seem to remember a thread that mentioned many of the old Sox Supporter signs but I searched and can't seem to find it. Linky anyone?

I saw that one also. I was cracking up. :D:

jenn2080
05-22-2006, 07:53 AM
I sat behind some people last year that had a sign that said:

I HATE THE CHEVY PRIDE CREW

best sign I have seen in a long time

I should get a shirt that says that. The pride crew drives me crazy!

esbrechtel
05-22-2006, 08:10 AM
I should get a shirt that says that. The pride crew drives me crazy!

i actually think thats twhat the shirts they throw into the stands say....i could be wrong though...:D: