PDA

View Full Version : WHo'd be the next guy to fill a 'pen spot?

OzzieBall2005
05-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I have not been impressed with Boone Logan at all this year. He's letting plenty of inherited runners cross home. If he continues to struggle, who do you guys think would replace him in the Sox bullpen?

MadetoOrta
05-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Jeff Nelson in about a month.

ChiSoxRowand
05-10-2006, 11:21 PM
They said on the score that Haeger got sent down after the game, I wonder who they will bring up.

KRS1
05-11-2006, 12:45 AM
They said on the score that Haeger got sent down after the game, I wonder who they will bring up.

Rumor on futuresox says Tracey. http://www.futuresox.com/frontpage/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=285
As some here probably know, I back Sean all the way, and he has been one of, if not my very favorite prospects since we drafted him. I love the way he handled this spring, and think he is destined to do great things for us. Hopefully he finds the consistency in his command he has been searching for, because with his mix of heavy and biting fastballs( 4seam, sinker, and newly developed 2seam) he can really give batters a fit, and Im sure Coop will make his slider even more of an out pitch in time.
Also, quick question for randar and mo, dont you guys think that him gripping the ball before he goes into motion, rather than reaching for it in the middle of his delivery, would make him a more consitent pitcher? I used to do the same thing when I was really young, and after my first pitching coached finally drilled it into my skull, I learned it was the worste thing for my command. I know, he's a pro, and has found the things that work for him, and it could be one of those things, but it hasnt helped him, so maybe he should ditch it.

Heres one for good luck Sean, but you and I know you dont need it.

:gulp:

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-11-2006, 02:34 PM
I think Lopez has a shot too. He's been doing pretty good in AAA.

He gone
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM
I told a guy at work today that the reliever the Sox were going to bring up was going to be Jeff Farnsworth or Agustin Montero. Montero got the call :cool: I was thinking righty to replace Brandon in the bullpen.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Does anyone know what Montero throws exactly? I hear he supposedly throws mid-90's.

rpac44
05-14-2006, 02:51 PM
jeff nelson just debuted for charlotte yesterday, throwing 2 innings of 1 hit ball and getting the win

caulfield12
05-14-2006, 04:25 PM
I've read some quotes that said that they were going to evaluate Nelson for around two weeks before making a decision to bring him up or possibly release him.

White Sox Randy
05-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I predict that we will see Nelson and eventually Lopez will replace Logan.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-15-2006, 04:01 PM
There is still that small chance that Hermanson will return.