Pods brought his glove.

Freddy brought his golden arm.

1951Campbell
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
http://fireproof.bravehost.com/myPictures/haha+Thou+PWNED.jpg

batmanZoSo
http://www.krjc.com/_borders/homer.gif
I can't stress enough how easy it was to beat the Angels...

whitesoxfan
that's 8 in a row against the Halos.

let's make it 9 tomorrow :)

1951Campbell
05-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Pods brought his glove.

1-for-1 with an RBI, 3 runs scored, 1 SB and 4 walks is a pretty cool line, too.

gbergman
05-09-2006, 10:46 PM
awesome we pwn!!!

Kogs35
05-09-2006, 10:47 PM
:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :gulp: awesome game all around, go get em tomorow charlie

PAPChiSox729
05-09-2006, 10:47 PM
That was fun.
:D:

1951Campbell
05-09-2006, 10:49 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site205/2005/1013/20051013_033505_101305_ANGELS_WHITE.gif

CLR01
05-09-2006, 10:52 PM
that's 8 in a row against the Halos.

:o: That's not a good sign for Haeger. :(:

chisox77
05-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Smart move to put Contreras on 15-day DL at this point.

Great game tonight - all cylinders clicked.

Another Thome homer
Another Crede homer
Another Dye homer
Excellent play at short by Uribe (and three hits)
Excellent catch by Pods
Excellent pitching by Freddy (he owns the Angels)
Go get 'em tomorrow with Haeger.
Go White Sox (Scary Good!)

:cool:

cleanwsox
05-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Great game by Freddy. Hopefully we can give the rookie the same run support tomorrow night!

Chips
05-09-2006, 10:55 PM
:winner

Hell yeah.

cbotnyse
05-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Awesome game all around...

great to see Freddie pick it up after getting hit well in the first couple innings....

Thome is Mr. Rediculously Incredible

Pods, Juan, Crede, Dye....all came to play....:) :supernana: :gulp:

Dan Mega
Omg W3 Ju5t Pwned Teh N00bs! 1337!

beckett21
*YAWN*

:moonwalk:

peeonwrigley
05-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Back in the Manuel days we'd have to endure 2 or 3 straight dead offensive games after an outburst like this.

Oh, and in keeping with the theme: 50X |2 1337

Britt Burns
05-09-2006, 10:57 PM
The Sox are 39-10 over their last 49 games, including the end of last year and the postseason. That would extrapolate into a 162 game record of 128-34!:tongue:

Holy crap this is a great team!

Go Sox!!

CLR01
05-09-2006, 11:01 PM
and another Detroit loss.

:supernana::supernana::supernana::bandance:

delben91
05-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Awesome pitching from Freddy, awesome offense from just about the entire lineup, and stellar defense.

Glorious game. Let's make Charlie's debut a great one Sox!!

voodoochile
05-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Another great team effort.

Freddy - nice 8 innings of work against a good offensive team.

Pods - In 5 AB he reached base 5 times, scored 3 runs and took away a HR with a nice catch. I particularly liked his first inning of work when he reached base without taking a single swing, got to third without stealing a base and scored on the first Sox hit of the night to tie the game at one. This is the definition of a table setter and tonight he showed you why he is one of the best in the game. He even got an RBI by taking a walk. Taking what the other team gives you and using it to your advantage. That's Pods. That's Sox baseball.

Uribe - about time you started to hit. More steller defense to keep the Angels from having any hope at all.

JD - Welcome back, Mr. Dye. Way to announce your presence.

BA - this kid just had some bad luck tonight. Got robbed of a single up the middle and absolutely crushed that ball to RF and got nothing to show for it. Came " " that close to reaching base twice in the decisive 3rd inning.

Crede - another 2 for 4 another HR. It's becoming almost workmenlike for him.

How can any team beat the Sox when they play like that?

Oh and the kittens and toons both lost, how cool is that... :supernana:

:winner:

Scottiehaswheels
05-09-2006, 11:14 PM

When is the last time he struck out? Honestly... I was going through box scores and can't find anything recent..... I know he's only got like 5K's on the season but when was his last?

Just found it... last one May 1st

chisoxfanatic
05-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Are we awesome, or are we awesome??? :D:

Pick your poison, SOMEONE on this team is gonna kill ya!!!

soxjim
05-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Was unable to see most of the game. Saw the 1st and the 9th innings. Keep up the Good work SOX.

cbotnyse
05-09-2006, 11:18 PM

you cant.

PicktoCLick72
05-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Uh... I don't know if you heard about the Sox, but they're kind of a big deal.

Lip Man 1
05-09-2006, 11:33 PM
Needless to say this is a VERY good club!

Lip

Fuller_Schettman
05-09-2006, 11:34 PM
You could just see that the Death Smack from Thome was the nail in the coffin!

Boy, it's good to be The King!

RowanDye
05-09-2006, 11:47 PM
When is the last time he struck out? Honestly... I was going through box scores and can't find anything recent..... I know he's only got like 5K's on the season but when was his last?

Just found it... last one May 1st

Yea that's pretty amazing. Other than Thome (and great pitching), Crede is the biggest reason we have the best record in baseball.

I know pitching and defense wins a lot of games, but it is a lot of fun to watch an offense like this. We haven't been shutout. Two games we only scored 1 run (both losses). Two games we only scored 2 runs (1 win and 1 loss). Five games we only scored 3 runs (2 win and 3 losses). Other than that we're 20-3, obviously scoring more than 3 runs 23 times.
I luuuuuuuuv this team.

SOXfnNlansing
05-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Freddie is 15 wins away from 20!!!!!!!:bandance:

Brian26
05-09-2006, 11:57 PM
1-for-1 with an RBI, 3 runs scored, 1 SB and 4 walks is a pretty cool line, too.

Can anyone explain what happened on the stolen base? I couldn't figure it out. It looked like Iguchi swung and missed on a dropped third strike, and the ball rolled to the backstop. Iguchi started to run but stopped. Was that not ruled a dropped strike since the catcher completely missed it...almost liked Iguchi struck out on a wild pitch?

Brian26
05-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Juan brought his bat today.

And his glove.

chisoxfanatic
05-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Where was Hawk's man-love for Crede this time? :D:

gobears1987
05-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Freddie is 15 wins away from 20!!!!!!!:bandance:
But, where is his velocity!!!

voodoochile
05-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Can anyone explain what happened on the stolen base? I couldn't figure it out. It looked like Iguchi swung and missed on a dropped third strike, and the ball rolled to the backstop. Iguchi started to run but stopped. Was that not ruled a dropped strike since the catcher completely missed it...almost liked Iguchi struck out on a wild pitch?

That's happened like three times in the last week for the Sox. Guy swings at a pitch, catcher drops the ball and the runner is safe. I didn't see the play as it happened, so don't know exactly what is up, but if Pods took off while the pitcher is in his windup, it doesn't matter if the catcher dropped the ball or the pitcher bounced it off the backstop, you go on motion you get a stolen base.

Guess I was wrong, he did steal a base in the first...:D:

markopat
05-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Another great team effort.

Freddy - nice 8 innings of work against a good offensive team.

Pods - In 5 AB he reached base 5 times, scored 3 runs and took away a HR with a nice catch. I particularly liked his first inning of work when he reached base without taking a single swing, got to third without stealing a base and scored on the first Sox hit of the night to tie the game at one. This is the definition of a table setter and tonight he showed you why he is one of the best in the game. He even got an RBI by taking a walk. Taking what the other team gives you and using it to your advantage. That's Pods. That's Sox baseball.

Uribe - about time you started to hit. More steller defense to keep the Angels from having any hope at all.

JD - Welcome back, Mr. Dye. Way to announce your presence.

BA - this kid just had some bad luck tonight. Got robbed of a single up the middle and absolutely crushed that ball to RF and got nothing to show for it. Came " " that close to reaching base twice in the decisive 3rd inning.

Oh and the kittens and toons both lost, how cool is that... :supernana:

Nice wrap up VooDoo..THANKS! I just got home and looked here to see what happened tonight! BONUS...Thome goes YARD again!!

This is awesome!

itsnotrequired
05-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Winning 9-1 is always a blast.

Sig update time.

markopat
05-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Uh... I don't know if you heard about the Sox, but they're kind of a big deal.

"They have many leather bound books and their clubhouse wreaks of mahogany..."

chisoxfanatic
05-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Winning 9-1 is always a blast.

Sig update time.

You go to too many games! :cool:

QCIASOXFAN
05-10-2006, 12:08 AM
It was a beautiful game all around and great to see Freddy cruse. :smile:

champagne030
05-10-2006, 12:11 AM
http://www.krjc.com/_borders/homer.gif

I can't stress enough how easy it was to beat the Angels...

LMAO. That's fantastic. :D:

itsnotrequired
05-10-2006, 12:12 AM
You go to too many games! :cool:
I'll be padding my total tomorrow...and Thursday...and the next one...:cool:

I took a "virgin" to the game tonight and of course hooked her up with a First Game certificate form Guest Services. She comes from a family of Cub fans but was impressed with both the ballpark and the team. She just moved her from San Fransisco and her recent games have involved sitting with yuppies at Giants games and drinking fine wine. The conversions continue...

Highlight of the night was this girl next to us who drank two beers and became absolutely ****-faced. She actually fell over two rows of seats on the way out.:rolleyes:

russ99
05-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Are we awesome, or are we awesome??? :D:

Pick your poison, SOMEONE on this team is gonna kill ya!!!

Wow, what a great game. The whole team is clicking.

Added bonus: my Cub-fan friend who is starting to turn away from the dark side (at my constant urging) was at tonight's game and witnessed the awesome power of the Sox-side.

If tonight's performance didn't sway him over to the light, nothing will.

MisterB
05-10-2006, 12:20 AM

The 'dropped third strike' rule is that the batter can try for first with less than 2 outs if first base is unoccupied, or with 2 outs and first occupied. Since Pods was technically on first when the pitch got by the catcher (even though attempting to steal second), Iguchi wasn't eligible to try for first.

rookie
05-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Went to my third game of the year and saw my first Thome homer! What a wonderful night for Teacher's Night. No rain, White Sox win, plenty of fireworks and the Tigers and Indians manage to give up their leads and lose! Makes going to work on Wednesday much easier.

D. TODD
05-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Great game tonight, :gulp:and I'm back to .500 in games I've attended this year (2-2). Freddy had it on cruise control, and the big fellas played some longball. Great to get the first game with the "rook" taking the mound tomorrow night.

HomeFish
05-10-2006, 12:34 AM
That was a very fun game to be at.

Brian26
05-10-2006, 12:37 AM
The 'dropped third strike' rule is that the batter can try for first with less than 2 outs if first base is unoccupied, or with 2 outs and first occupied.

Weren't there two outs and the bases empty when AJ "stole" first last October?

MisterB
05-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Weren't there two outs and the bases empty when AJ "stole" first last October?

Oops. Mis-communicated on that. With 2 outs the batter my try for first regardless of whether it's occupied or not.

(He may try anytime if first is open, and with first occupied with 2 outs. Confused yet?)

Brian26
05-10-2006, 12:44 AM
Oops. Mis-communicated on that. With 2 outs the batter my try for first regardless of whether it's occupied or not.

Ah, Ok. So Pods basically was awarded 2nd on the wild pitch in that inning, and his stolen base was earlier in the game.

CLR01
05-10-2006, 12:54 AM
Needless to say this is a VERY good club!

Lip

Who are you and what did you do with the real Lip Man? :smile:

Fabs
05-10-2006, 12:58 AM
What a great birthday game for my friend and the rest of us! The catch by Pods, Dye's "I'm back did you miss me" homework, Thome's usual genius, Freddy's great NIGHT game, AJ's broken bat nearly hitting the pitcher (who else, huh?), Crede's all around amazing-ness, Baines not getting hit by a ball, what more can you ask for?
How about a drink at the Bullpen bar and a nightcap at Jimbo's after? YES!
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Nellie_Fox
05-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but why did the computer geeks come up with pwned? Most of the rest I can see, but how does a "p" substitute for an "o"? While I'm at it, help me out with "rox0rz."

elrod
05-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Key to this game was the return of Jermaine Dye. With him in the lineup, and with Uribe and Anderson starting to hit a little better, we are very difficult to beat.

HomeFish
05-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but why did the computer geeks come up with pwned? Most of the rest I can see, but how does a "p" substitute for an "o"? While I'm at it, help me out with "rox0rz."

-x0r is a suffix added to verbs. Or more correctly, it signifies that a word is a verb. It can be used to turn nouns that are usually not used as verbs in offline English into verbs, such as "to ph00dx0r", meaning "to eat", derived from food (ph00d). Other examples of that include cr0nx0r (to eat corn) and pr0nx0r (to look at pronography). (Note how "or" in the middle of a single syllable word always becomes "r0") When it is a verb that would otherwise end in -s, it becomes -x0rz.

As for pwn, it probably comes from a typo -- p is right next to o on a keyboard.

peeonwrigley
05-10-2006, 01:33 AM
-x0r is a suffix added to verbs. Or more correctly, it signifies that a word is a verb. It can be used to turn nouns that are usually not used as verbs in offline English into verbs, such as "to ph00dx0r", meaning "to eat", derived from food (ph00d). Other examples of that include cr0nx0r (to eat corn) and pr0nx0r (to look at pronography). (Note how "or" in the middle of a single syllable word always becomes "r0") When it is a verb that would otherwise end in -s, it becomes -x0rz.

As for pwn, it probably comes from a typo -- p is right next to o on a keyboard.

In case you want to know more...

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet)

TomParrish79
05-10-2006, 02:16 AM
well i am no longer worried about Freddy....he was awesome tonite...

hawkjt
05-10-2006, 02:27 AM
That was pretty much a clinic tonite.

Freddy was completely back in control after the strike'm out throw 'em out double play -he was in the groove. Or as Hawk would say'' in a rythm''.

I just pinch myself nowadays with the sox's ability to send a guy to the bump everyday that usually should win. Of course that is shattered by Joses injury but when he is back, same ole,same ole.

It is a feeling no other fan of any team in baseball has got right now.

Keep it going, sox.

IlliniSox4Life
05-10-2006, 02:36 AM
In general, computer speak is all a combination of common typos and using something that was somehow derived from another word and applying it to something not really related. Pwned, as someone said, is pretty obviously from a typo of owned. the "xor" i believer, probably came from some slang developed from hacking. Hacks was probably shortened to hax, and then Hacker was probably changed to haxor, and then the xor was added to everything else.

EDIT: In general, most of it doesn't make sense. I wouldn't put too much though into it.

HotelWhiteSox
05-10-2006, 03:01 AM
Isn't awesome how Thome's shots hardly leave his bat before you know it is long gone? It's great to watch the replay (or even live) and just see how fast it takes to hear 'wayyy back'. Farmer's call was right away too

peeonwrigley
05-10-2006, 03:11 AM
Isn't awesome how Thome's shots hardly leave his bat before you know it is long gone? It's great to watch the replay (or even live) and just see how fast it takes to hear 'wayyy back'. Farmer's call was right away too

Thome's HRs have a ton of speed off the bat. When he hits the ball hard, if it has any elevation whatsoever its likely gone. Right fielders often don't bother moving.

Lillian
05-10-2006, 03:46 AM
In general, computer speak is all a combination of common typos and using something that was somehow derived from another word and applying it to something not really related. Pwned, as someone said, is pretty obviously from a typo of owned. the "xor" i believer, probably came from some slang developed from hacking. Hacks was probably shortened to hax, and then Hacker was probably changed to haxor, and then the xor was added to everything else.

EDIT: In general, most of it doesn't make sense. I wouldn't put too much though into it.

I hate "computer speak". I wish it were banned here, like profanity. In fact, I really don't mind profanity. At least it serves to communicate effectively. After all, isn't that the purpose of language. What is the need to create an entire code language, that we all have to learn in order to communicate? What's wrong with English? If people want to learn another language, there are plenty of conventional languages which are worthwhile knowing. I do hope that this site will not become corrupted by such nonsense.
I'm sorry to rant, but I just had to vent a little.
Meantime, Sox "rule":smile:

Theanticub
05-10-2006, 04:54 AM

If he was healthy, he would of stole 14 bases tonight.

Beautox
05-10-2006, 07:29 AM

i always thought pwn was derived from PURE own, or pwnge.

Bobbo35
05-10-2006, 08:01 AM

I absolutely love Thome's swing. Yes, you know at that exact point if he hits that sweet part of the bat that ball is gone. Hawk's call of last nights homerun was great because he knew right as he hit it, "you can put it on the board.....Yes!!!

mccoydp
05-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Didn't get to see the meat of the game last night, only the first 2 1/2 innings and the last two. I obviously missed the fun parts.

Another great game by the Sox. After Crede hit his homerun, I turned to my wife and said "This team is out of control".

It is so good to have Dye back in the lineup. Heck, who in their right mind would want to face this lineup? 6 of the 9 regulars in the lineup are batting well over .300. An offense like this can surely compensate for the temporary loss of Contreras.
Uribe may be batting below the Mendoza line, but he is still a very dangerous (albeit streaky) hitter. It's his good streaks you have to watch out for. Anderson's coming around...

Oh yeah, forgot this:

MsSoxVixen22
05-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Wow! I'm still hoarse this morning from cheering so much last nite at the game! When Thome hit that homer it was pretty close to where we were sitting! I was going nuts when Pods made that amazing catch! What a team! Looks like we're in for another great year! :tongue: :bandance:

cbone
05-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Thome's HRs have a ton of speed off the bat. When he hits the ball hard, if it has any elevation whatsoever its likely gone. Right fielders often don't bother moving.

Do you think Hawk misses saying "Stretch!" :D:

PushnThaEscalade
05-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Not being able to watch this team pains me (due to the lack of cable in my dorm), but im coming home this week to see what the 06 team is made of first hand :cool:

batmanZoSo
05-10-2006, 09:44 AM
The Angels are bad. Have we considered that yet? Yes, we rule, but they might also be very very bad.

When was the last time we were 4-0 against them on the season? Oh man, I can't wait til they play Oakland. Enough of that garbage, they're gonna die. I'm going on Wed. the 24th.

wassagstdu
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Ah, Ok. So Pods basically was awarded 2nd on the wild pitch in that inning, and his stolen base was earlier in the game.

Hawk said Pods was not in motion before the passed ball. If he had been Iguchi would have been able to take first.

wassagstdu
05-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Great game by Podsednik. Right now it is hard to imagine a better team.

Baby Fisk
05-10-2006, 01:33 PM
The Angels are bad. Have we considered that yet? Yes, we rule, but they might also be very very bad.

When was the last time we were 4-0 against them on the season? Oh man, I can't wait til they play Oakland. Enough of that garbage, they're gonna die. I'm going on Wed. the 24th.
I agree that it is the Angels who are suffering a post-2005 decline, not the Sox as so many experts predicted. They are pretty ineffective up and down the batting order. Vlady will always be up there hacking away, but no one else is getting it done. Shackle Vlady and the rest of the Angels go down quietly.

Last night's starter also had the safety glasses going. Kudos to that poster who made the crack that these pitchers must all be handling heavy machinery in the bullpen. :D:

viagracat
05-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Great game by Podsednik. Right now it is hard to imagine a better team.

You can't because there aren't.

http://mikuna.image.pbase.com/v3/29/442629/4/51345120.GF7M2005102613338643.jpg

It's good to be king.