PDA

View Full Version : Bench players from '05

Mark
05-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Does anyone remember the nickname that some of the White Sox reserves had last season -- the ????? Four?

For some reason, after Blum hit his game-winner in the Game 3 of the Series, I seem to remember some of the guys in the dugout holding up four fingers. Some people felt the Sox were being cocky and suggesting a sweep, but it was really just a gesture about the bench players.

Didn't that group have some sort of nickname?

MisterB
05-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Does anyone remember the nickname that some of the White Sox reserves had last season -- the ????? Four?

For some reason, after Blumb hit his game-winner in the Game 3 of the Series, I seem to remember some of the guys in the dugout holding up four fingers. Some people felt the Sox were being cocky and suggesting a sweep, but it was really just a gesture about the bench players.

Didn't that group have some sort of nickname?

'Group Four' I believe, in reference to their batting practice grouping.

Chicken Dinner
05-09-2006, 02:46 PM
There were also quite a few non-roster players on the bench during the playoffs.

Mark
05-09-2006, 02:56 PM
'Group Four' I believe, in reference to their batting practice grouping.

Good call, MisterB. I got confirmation (on Group 4) from of all places, a Mariotti article from the World Series.

Thanks.

rwcescato
05-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Good call, MisterB. I got confirmation (on Group 4) from of all places, a Mariotti article from the World Series.

Thanks.

Also one writer called them the scrubs and it kind of upset the bench reserves quite a bit.
Rich

kravdog
05-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Also one writer called them the scrubs and it kind of upset the bench reserves quite a bit.
Rich

the great bruce levine...