PDA

View Full Version : New idea?


34rancher
01-29-2002, 09:46 PM
Just a quick thought. Now that we have a hole in center (possibly). Has anyone entertained the idea of playing "rent a player" for 2 years in center? Kenny Lofton is available. A decent (old) centerfielder, who can lead off and has playoff experience? Sounds like a good fit to me. Just a thought.

WinningUgly!
01-29-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Just a quick thought. Now that we have a hole in center (possibly). Has anyone entertained the idea of playing "rent a player" for 2 years in center? Kenny Lofton is available. A decent (old) centerfielder, who can lead off and has playoff experience? Sounds like a good fit to me. Just a thought.

I kinda like the idea! :D: Lofton? (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4435&highlight=kenny+lofton)

kermittheefrog
01-29-2002, 09:58 PM
Why rent a player when we have LTP? Lofton sucked last year anyway.

34rancher
01-29-2002, 10:01 PM
I knew that there had to be intelligent life out there. Glad that I could borrow your brain for a while. :-)
I still like the idea, and hey, wouldn't he love to stick it to the Indians?

FarWestChicago
01-29-2002, 10:03 PM
At least you finally got rid of that New at WSI title, Ranch. :smile:

WinningUgly!
01-29-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Why rent a player when we have LTP? Lofton sucked last year anyway.

Wasn't he nursing injuries for most of last season? His only real offer right now is from Detroit...supposedly a one year, one million dollar deal. I'd take him in a heartbeat for that.

34rancher
01-29-2002, 10:15 PM
FWC- Thanks
At least you know I am a regular. One of my nightly enjoyments is just going back through daily posts. You guys crack me up. This is one of those little things in life that I treasure. I don't care if I live to 100, I will always be proud to say that Sox fans KNOW baseball.

FarWestChicago
01-29-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
FWC- Thanks
At least you know I am a regular.Regular? You are one of the originals. You go way back. :smile:

kermittheefrog
01-29-2002, 10:51 PM
I'm glad to know I'm now a Personality :-)

WinningUgly!
01-29-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I'm glad to know I'm now a Personality :-)
You were from post #1! :kermit

kermittheefrog
01-29-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

You were from post #1! :kermit

Man that Kermit the Frog ruthlessly violating that poor dog/bunny thing animation will never get old.

FarWestChicago
01-29-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog


Man that Kermit the Frog ruthlessly violating that poor dog/bunny thing animation will never get old. No it won't. One of the all time great tags. :D:

phaedrus
01-29-2002, 11:04 PM
absolutely worth the price of admission - LMAO

doublem23
01-29-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Man that Kermit the Frog ruthlessly violating that poor dog/bunny thing animation will never get old.

Nope nope nope....

Probably our best tag...

:knue
Once again, I come in second.... :whiner:

GASHWOUND
01-29-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Just a quick thought. Now that we have a hole in center (possibly). Has anyone entertained the idea of playing "rent a player" for 2 years in center? Kenny Lofton is available. A decent (old) centerfielder, who can lead off and has playoff experience? Sounds like a good fit to me. Just a thought.

Unless we can get Kenny Lofton from 5 years ago, I don't think so. I think Konerko would win in a foot race with KL right now. (Uhhh, just kidding) :smile:

WinningUgly!
01-29-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
No it won't. One of the all time great tags. :D:

I used it on my cheezy website a few years ago...
Kermy (http://www.geocities.com/lowelifeplace/sorry.html)

CLR01
01-30-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


Nope nope nope....

Probably our best tag...

:knue
Once again, I come in second.... :whiner:


"Yeah right, I am #1..."



http://130.94.169.158/chisox716/darkswing.gif
:slowswing :flameswing

MikeKreevich
01-30-2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
No it won't. One of the all time great tags. :D:
:buddylee
I got a kick out of this one. What creativity!

bjmarte
01-30-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat

:buddylee
I got a kick out of this one. What creativity!
Not really that creative, someone else gave Royce the buddy lee nickname. I just happened to be bored enough to make the pic. Thanks though, I like it too :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
01-30-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by bjmarte

Not really that creative, someone else gave Royce the buddy lee nickname. I just happened to be bored enough to make the pic. Thanks though, I like it too :smile:

By the way, I must have missed when the Buddy Lee nickname was first given. Who came up with it? I'd like to buy that man a Fresca...

bjmarte
01-30-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice


By the way, I must have missed when the Buddy Lee nickname was first given. Who came up with it? I'd like to buy that man a Fresca...

I'm not positive who did it originally but I think it was daver.

FarWestChicago
01-30-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte


I'm not positive who did it originally but I think it was daver. You are correct sir. We needed a to complete the DP combo with the Fire Hydrant, and Daver came up with Buddy Lee. :smile:

moochpuppy
01-30-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
hey, wouldn't he love to stick it to the Indians?

That's what we thought about Alomar too.

Stick with the kids. We haven't had all that much luck with bringing in vets lately. Lets leave that to that Northside club.

AsInWreck
01-30-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy


That's what we thought about Alomar too.

Stick with the kids. We haven't had all that much luck with bringing in vets lately. Lets leave that to that Northside club.

Yeah, what he said---

---I think the sox'll be alright out of the pool of rowand,borchard,harris and simmons