PDA

View Full Version : Crosstown classic video idea

joe47
05-09-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm sure we all remember the video cartoon that circled the internet a few years ago making fun the Sox. It was by a Cubs fan and pointed out all the tired old stereotypes about Sox fans and the Cell. Well, I had an idea for some payback. I thought it would be clever to have a Cubs history highlight video, similar to the one before Sox games with the Pirates of the Caribbean music. The only twist would it would have all "low lights" of the franchise over time. I'm not good at video editing, but I thought it would be a fun idea for anyone with those skills.

And no, I'm not obsessed with hating the Cubs. I just thought of some good natured fun to get us ready for the crosstown series.

LuvSox
05-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Trophy presentation video. That is all.

kittle42
05-09-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm sure we all remember the video cartoon that circled the internet a few years ago making fun the Sox. It was by a Cubs fan and pointed out all the tired old stereotypes about Sox fans and the Cell. Well, I had an idea for some payback.

Me, too, but it already happened in October.

gbergman
05-09-2006, 01:12 AM
just show the 8th inning of game 6 of the 2003 NLCS

kittle42
05-09-2006, 01:55 AM
Any Sox/Cubs rivalry is not defined by whose failures are worse. That bit of ridiculousness is over, though apparently some (many) were more happy that way. It is now defined by whose successes are better. Some people on this site fail to grasp this.

zmz723
05-09-2006, 08:47 AM
just show the 8th inning of game 6 of the 2003 NLCS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KpWKjq5qzxQ&search=Chicago%20cubs%202003
:D: :D:

jenn2080
05-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Any Sox/Cubs rivalry is not defined by whose failures are worse. That bit of ridiculousness is over, though apparently some (many) were more happy that way. It is now defined by whose successes are better. Some people on this site fail to grasp this.

AMEN!

white sox bill
05-09-2006, 10:08 AM
[quote=zmz723]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KpWKjq5qzxQ&search=Chicago%20cubs%202003
:D: :D:[/quote
How sweet, the memories..:D:

NonetheLoaiza
05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Man, seeing that Bartman play again with all the footage...you gotta feel so bad for the guy. Brutal.

North Sox Sider
05-09-2006, 11:57 AM
I want to feel sorry for Bartman but for some reason I cant. Can you imagine that happening at Comiskey?? I am sorry but if you are facing the field and in the front row, I would like to believe I would have enough sense to put my hands back. Yes, there are plenty of other people reaching for it but there are some that are keeping there hands away. I would know, I have that pic framed in my room. Hehehhe

NonetheLoaiza
05-09-2006, 02:20 PM
I want to feel sorry for Bartman but for some reason I cant. Can you imagine that happening at Comiskey?? I am sorry but if you are facing the field and in the front row, I would like to believe I would have enough sense to put my hands back. Yes, there are plenty of other people reaching for it but there are some that are keeping there hands away. I would know, I have that pic framed in my room. Hehehhe

But, I mean, just the way he was ostracized (sp?) by Cubs fans everywhere. If that was me, I couldn't imagine not being able to go to a Sox game ever again...that would be hell for me.

Ol' No. 2
05-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Any Sox/Cubs rivalry is not defined by whose failures are worse. That bit of ridiculousness is over, though apparently some (many) were more happy that way. It is now defined by whose successes are better. Some people on this site fail to grasp this.Very well put. :thumbsup: