PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating/Parking Question

SoxFanTillDeath
05-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I am bring 22 people to a game on June 3rd and we want to tailgate, but I don't want to have to pay for parking for all 4 vehicles we are driving down. Since tailgating is only allowed in certain lots, can I drive my truck down with all the supplies and pay $18 for my parking but have everyone else park elsewhere and meet me in the lot? I'd love to save the $54 if at all possible...

Thanks! (and sorry if this is in the wrong forum...)

Ol' No. 2
05-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I am bring 22 people to a game on June 3rd and we want to tailgate, but I don't want to have to pay for parking for all 4 vehicles we are driving down. Since tailgating is only allowed in certain lots, can I drive my truck down with all the supplies and pay $18 for my parking but have everyone else park elsewhere and meet me in the lot? I'd love to save the $54 if at all possible...

Thanks! (and sorry if this is in the wrong forum...)No problemo. Lots of people do it.

PatK
05-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Yes you can.

If you can, I'd try to get a parking pass ahead of time, since tailgaiting is allowed only in certain lots (or so I'm told).

A pre-paid parking coupon gets you in those lots.

I always do that. Mainly because than I don't have to worry about bringing extra for parking.

Ventura711
05-22-2006, 02:30 PM
There have been rumors going around that the gates for the Parking lots will open more than 2 hours before the game for all day tailgating. Is this true?

soxfan13
05-22-2006, 02:32 PM
There have been rumors going around that the gates for the Parking lots will open more than 2 hours before the game for all day tailgating. Is this true?

Saturday we got to the park at 830 and they let us right in.

sox1970
05-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Saturday we got to the park at 830 and they let us right in.

Which lot? We got to Lot F at 8:45, and they didn't open the gate until 9:20.

soxfan13
05-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Which lot? We got to Lot F at 8:45, and they didn't open the gate until 9:20.

Parking lot E right by gate 2 and I paid cash. there were actually alot of cars already set up for tailgating when we got there.

Ventura711
05-22-2006, 03:37 PM
We usually get to the park about three hours before the game and never have a problem getting in that early and setting up.
June 3rd against the Rangers the game starts at 6:05 I was hearing that they would open up tailgating at noon or before for all day tailgating. Has anyone else heard these rumors?:?:

SoxFan78
05-22-2006, 03:41 PM
We usually get to the park about three hours before the game and never have a problem getting in that early and setting up.
June 3rd against the Rangers the game starts at 6:05 I was hearing that they would open up tailgating at noon or before for all day tailgating. Has anyone else heard these rumors?:?:

I haven't heard anything about that. Would they be doing this for this game only or for all Saturday night games?

DumpJerry
05-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Call 312-674-1000.

Bobbo35
05-22-2006, 10:33 PM
We had 3 carloads of guys at Saturday's game. We got there at 9:00 am. What we did was have my buddies park near 35th and wallace and walk down to Lot B where we were tailgating. It worked out perfectly and no one even got a parking ticket.