PDA

View Full Version : Casey Rogowski: The Speed Deamon

OzzieBall2005
05-08-2006, 05:41 PM
I was looking around the Minors Affileates to see who could next be in line for the soon to be aging Tadahito Iguchi and got sidetracked and noticed that Rogowski's stats say that he has 10 stolen bases and has been caught twice. Can anyone tell me what is up on this one?
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Casey%20Rogowski&pos=1B&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=434602

rdivaldi
05-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Casey has always been a bit of a base stealing threat as he has good speed for a big man. He's a quite an athlete, having been a high school wrestling champion. I'm just not convinced that he will be able to hit major league pitching.

SoxxoS
05-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Casey has always been a bit of a base stealing threat as he has good speed for a big man. He's a quite an athlete, having been a high school wrestling champion..

Sounds good. Looking forward to him in a Sox uni!

I'm just not convinced that he will be able to hit major league pitching.

Damn!

santo=dorf
05-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Sounds good. Looking forward to him in a Sox uni!
:hawk
"where's he going to play?"

Seriously, I wonder what the Sox will get for Rogo at this year's deadline. :cool:

CleeFan101
05-09-2006, 02:50 AM
Actually Rogo can play LF and probably RF too. So he could very well be with us next year kind of taking over for Gload. Probably a bench of Chris Stewart, Casey Rogowski, Pablo Ozuna, Alex Cintron, and Rob Macowiak. A course Stewart would replace Widger and Rogo would replace Gload.

maurice
05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
IIRC, Rogo was part of the package for Griffey last year.

Randar68
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Actually Rogo can play LF and probably RF too. So he could very well be with us next year kind of taking over for Gload. Probably a bench of Chris Stewart, Casey Rogowski, Pablo Ozuna, Alex Cintron, and Rob Macowiak. A course Stewart would replace Widger and Rogo would replace Gload.

RF? Yeah, and it would look about like Gload wandering around out there lost...

White Sox Randy
05-09-2006, 01:06 PM
RF? Yeah, and it would look about like Gload wandering around out there lost...

Yes, he would play a lot like Gload......except not as good a hitter.:(:

Randar68
05-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Yes, he would play a lot like Gload......except not as good a hitter.:(:

You're right, he would take more walks and provide offense other than the high K-rate and all-or-nothing approach of Ross Gload... :rolleyes:

Tragg
05-10-2006, 12:08 AM
You're right, he would take more walks and provide offense other than the high K-rate and all-or-nothing approach of Ross Gload... :rolleyes:
Anyone in the minors ready to take Gload's spot? I'm sure there are better players, but is anyone ready maturity/experience wise?