PDA

View Full Version : Chisox look better than 05

Paulwny
05-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Nice FULL PAGE article about the sox written by sports reporter Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News. :D:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060508/1046827.asp

jackbrohamer
05-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Nice article. Funny how I don't seem to ever read things like this in either of the 2 Chicago daily newspapers:

"Chicago was 18-7 through 25 games - one win behind the 1990 Athletics for the best 25-game mark by a defending Series champion over the last 65 years."

Baby Fisk
05-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Nice article. Funny how I don't seem to ever read things like this in either of the 2 Chicago daily newspapers:

Haha, if you read the Chicago papers, apparently the Sox are teetering on the edge of their phony pedestal! :D:

palehozenychicty
05-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Haha, if you read the Chicago papers, apparently the Sox are teetering on the edge of their phony pedestal! :D:

It's really crazy, if you think about it. If we become the patriots/spurs/pistons of baseball, it'll be even merrier to see the media shake under their yellow skin. :D:

Palehose13
05-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow. Nice article. Thanks for sharing.

batmanZoSo
05-08-2006, 04:18 PM

The poll question at chicagosports.com is "Are you worried about Mark Buehrle?" 75-25 in favor of "not at all." This next to a headline that reads "Buehrle labors, but Crede saves the day." Glad to know the Tribune's got their hand on the pulse of White Sox baseball. :rolleyes:

scottjanssens
05-08-2006, 04:37 PM
This next to a headline that reads "Buehrle labors, but Crede saves the day.

Um... Buehrle did labor and Crede did save the day.:?:

batmanZoSo
05-08-2006, 04:58 PM

Okay, but don't you see the generally negative tones everywhere? The team is dominating the league so far but you would never know that by reading the papers...

Palehose13
05-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Okay, but don't you see the generally negative tones everywhere? The team is dominating the league so far but you would never know that by reading the papers...

Under the radar, batman. Under the radar. :cool:

drewcifer
05-08-2006, 05:02 PM
You both are right and yet you both are saying what the majority of the media (Chicago and beyond) is not.

The Sox are the best team in baseball..... still.

MarySwiss
05-08-2006, 05:04 PM
There was a poll in one of the two Chicago fishwraps today asking when the Cubs would break out of their slump. "Never" was not an option. IMO, it should have been, and if the poll had been about the Sox--not that they would slump--it would have been. :cool:

MarySwiss
05-08-2006, 05:07 PM
My e-mail to the reporter:

Thank you for recognizing what many in the national--and Chicago--media do not.

Chicken Dinner
05-08-2006, 05:10 PM
The Buffalo News..........WOW!

lumpyspun
05-08-2006, 05:19 PM
My favorite quote:

"Chicago won 99 games last year but was relatively anonymous until October as the baseball world overdosed on its annual Yankees-Red Sox obsession. Things changed in October and the good times have not stopped for the White Sox since."

Buffalo News, YES!

Blueprint1
05-08-2006, 05:23 PM

He also only managed to give up two runs.

MarySwiss
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
My e-mail to the reporter:

Thank you for recognizing what many in the national--and Chicago--media do not.

I got a very nice response from this reporter earlier today in which he said the Sox are looking like a team to beat and that he could not imagine how the Chicago media wasn't taking that viewpoint. I then pimped WSI and told him to check us out on any given day to learn all about the media's viewpoint.

He also said he was looking forward to getting some deep-dish at Bacino's in October! :cool:

lumpyspun
05-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I got a very nice response from this reporter earlier today in which he said the Sox are looking like a team to beat and that he could not imagine how the Chicago media wasn't taking that viewpoint. I then pimped WSI and told him to check us out on any given day to learn all about the media's viewpoint.

He also said he was looking forward to getting some deep-dish at Bacino's in October! :cool:

Another reason that dude is cool is b/c he wrote me back too, but from your response I can tell he's not just copying/pasting responses to all of us.

Berkules
05-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Another reason that dude is cool is b/c he wrote me back too, but from your response I can tell he's not just copying/pasting responses to all of us.
He wrote me back as well and was really cool...
said his paper is trying to cover more baseball outside ny. he also mentioned a couple deep dish spots in chicago that he likes

Paulwny
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM
He wrote me back as well and was really cool...
said his paper is trying to cover more baseball outside ny. he also mentioned a couple deep dish spots in chicago that he likes

I honestly don't understand " trying to cover more baseball outside NY". The Buffalo News has been the only paper here since 1982. I was surprised by the sox article since this is yankmee country. The News has had plenty of opportunities to to cover other teams, they won't because of the number of yank fans being subscribers, don't bite the hand that feeds you.