PDA

View Full Version : Random Question

Meixner007
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
2 randome questions:

Are there any advantages/requirments of placing a player on the 60-day DL as opposed to the 15-day DL?

Do any sports leagues have disaster plans, God forbid, should a team's airplane crash?

itsnotrequired
05-08-2006, 10:59 AM
2 randome questions:

Are there any advantages/requirments of placing a player on the 60-day DL as opposed to the 15-day DL?

Do any sports leagues have disaster plans, God forbid, should a team's airplane crash?

1. Players on the 60 day DL do not count against the 40-man roster; players on the 15 day DL do.

2. Call up some minor leaguers and start picking up free agents.

likeawarlord
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
do any sports leagues have disaster plans, God forbid, should a team's airplane crash?

they have an open tryout and recruit a rag-tag group of average joes who somehow pull together through adversity and win on grit alone. a stirring testament to the human spirit. in theaters everywhere this july.

1951Campbell
05-10-2006, 10:17 PM
they have an open tryout and recruit a rag-tag group of average joes who somehow pull together through adversity and win on grit alone. a stirring testament to the human spirit. in theaters everywhere this july.

I have written that screenplay in my head many a time.

LuvSox
05-10-2006, 10:25 PM
I have written that screenplay in my head many a time.

Has Vince Vaughn called you back yet?

MikeLove
05-10-2006, 10:59 PM
heh reminds me of seinfeld when george asks keith hernandez if hes surprised theres never any plane crashes

fusillirob1983
05-10-2006, 11:18 PM
many a time.

DJ, is that you?

Nellie_Fox
05-11-2006, 12:01 AM
I have written that screenplay in my head many a time.Mystery, Alaska.

Lip Man 1
05-11-2006, 12:22 AM
I actually saw a story on the 'doomsday' scenario in a story years ago in Sports Illustrated.

Each of the four sports leagues has a different procedure. If memory serves MLB immediately orders all teams to 'protect' 15 players on the active roster and the team that had the tragedy gets to pick 25 to restock the roster.

The games would go on. The season would not be cancelled for that club.

Lip

daveeym
05-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I actually saw a story on the 'doomsday' scenario in a story years ago in Sports Illustrated.

Each of the four sports leagues has a different procedure. If memory serves MLB immediately orders all teams to 'protect' 15 players on the active roster and the team that had the tragedy gets to pick 25 to restock the roster.

Lip I didn't remember the specifics but I do remember that article or a similar one that all the leagues have something in place if a tragedy happened.

Iwritecode
05-11-2006, 10:29 AM

Lip

Wow. That would totally change the season for many teams. I can't pick just 15 players from the Sox that I'd want to protect.

Hopefully that plan will never have to be put into use.

doogiec
05-11-2006, 11:47 AM

Lip

I remember reading the same thing, but I think they need to adjust the 15 protected players upward. By my math, there are six or seven teams that could actually improve themselves by crashing their team charter into a mountain under this system.

daveeym
05-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Wow. That would totally change the season for many teams. I can't pick just 15 players from the Sox that I'd want to protect.

Hopefully that plan will never have to be put into use.I'm sure there's a limit on how many players from a team that can be picked. So the Sox could only lose 2 or so of their non-protected players.