PDA

View Full Version : Street vendors

thomas35forever
05-07-2006, 10:15 PM
What do you think of the people who sell the "Cubs Suck" shirts and such after games? I bought a shirt that says "I Will Always Call It Comiskey" today.

Half Cocked Jack
05-07-2006, 10:35 PM
I admire their entrepreneurial spirit.

chisoxfanatic
05-07-2006, 10:40 PM
I personally think all of those shirts are cheaply made that those vendors make. I'd rather purchase MLB licensed White Sox apparel that I know I'd wear forever than anything those street vendors would put out.

DumpJerry
05-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I personally think all of those shirts are cheaply made that those vendors make. I'd rather purchase MLB licensed White Sox apparel that I know I'd wear forever than anything those street vendors would put out.
If it's not licensed, it might survive 10 washings. I'm getting tired of the "World's Largest Gay Bar" shirt, it should be "World's Largest Urinal." That is less offensive and closer to the truth.

I'm surprised that they push so much anti-Cub stuff post October 26, 2005. After all, Hangar18 can buy only so many tee shirts.

chisoxmike
05-07-2006, 10:47 PM
the only shirt i like (but wont buy it) is the shirt that has the world series ring on the middle finger sticking up. thats comedy gold!!!!

0o0o0
05-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah I hate most of that crap, but the middle finger one is decent.

TheOldRoman
05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Well, I own one of the HE GONE shirts. I wear it all the time, usually for working out. It gasn't fallen apart yet.
I also bought one of the "south side roadkill" shirts, but I only wore it to a game against the loveable losers. I won't wear it when I see the Sox destroy them this year, as I will be wearing my championship gear.

Some of the shirts are decent, but most of the shirts they sell are crap. Either way, whenever I see a vendor I usually stop to see what shirts they have.

VA_GoGoSox
05-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Those guys have been around as long as I can remember. When I was 7 or 8 years old, my Dad bought me a shirt with Bart Simpson on it that said "Sox Fan, Bart Man". Which I'm sure was licensed by both Major League Baseball and "The Simpsons".

jenn2080
05-08-2006, 07:57 AM
If it's not licensed, it might survive 10 washings. I'm getting tired of the "World's Largest Gay Bar" shirt, it should be "World's Largest Urinal." That is less offensive and closer to the truth.

I'm surprised that they push so much anti-Cub stuff post October 26, 2005. After all, Hangar18 can buy only so many tee shirts.

Im with you. I strongly dislike that shirt. It is completely offensive. Biggest Urinal, Biggest Frat Party whatever would be much better. For that fact I dont even get the point of the shirts unless the Crosstown Classics is going on.

Blob
05-08-2006, 08:54 AM
the only shirt i like (but wont buy it) is the shirt that has the world series ring on the middle finger sticking up. thats comedy gold!!!!

A guy behind us had one on Friday night. Very funny! But, it is nothing I would buy for myself.

I have bought one for me in the past. It was the Scrammy Soso Cork Bat Company shirts they were selling. That one I could not resist!

I also bought a friends daughter a "You can put it on the board-yeeesss!" shirt a couple of years ago from them and she still wears it. It still looks fine.

SOecks
05-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Kind of off topic but I saw one of those vendors getting ticketed by a police officer when we were leaving the game yesterday.

DumpJerry
05-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Kind of off topic but I saw one of those vendors getting ticketed by a police officer when we were leaving the game yesterday.
I'm not surprised. The ones at Lot F were getting out of hand. They were going outside where they are allowed to be on the sidewalk and the police were redirecting them into the area they are allowed to stand in. A hat vendor was inside the lot and a Parking security person was yelling at him to get out of the lot.

BainesHOF
05-08-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm getting tired of the "World's Largest Gay Bar" shirt...

It's completely ignorant.

Walker29
05-08-2006, 10:52 AM
I, too, was a proud owner of a "Sox Fan, Bart Man" t-shirt circa 1989 compliments of my Pops.

skottyj242
05-08-2006, 10:59 AM
I, too, was a proud owner of a "Sox Fan, Bart Man" t-shirt circa 1989 compliments of my Pops.

I remember they used to sell Simpsons shirts that had nothing to do with the Sox after games. I had one of the "Underachiever and proud of it" shirts.

Walker29
05-08-2006, 11:00 AM
I bought a "He Gone" t-shirt 2 years ago and its in good shape. After a MJH discussion I decided to give all the "Cubs Suck" paraphanelia and the like to goodwill.

Palehose13
05-08-2006, 11:06 AM
I like some of the shirts and have bought a "He Gone" shirt in the past. However, I wish Sox fans would stop buying the "cubs suck" stuff...maybe then it will go away.

As far a the "World's Largest Gay Bar" shirt: classless and ignorant, which I assume is like the people who buy it.

The Critic
05-08-2006, 11:57 AM
I may get one of the "He Gone/You Can Put It On The Board" shirts for my daughter, since she loves to say those two phrases when we watch the games together.

If I was quite a bit younger, I'm 100% certain I would purchase one of the "middle ring finger" shirts. That was right up my dark alley when I was a 20-something, but I'm a bit too old for that kind of thing now.

chisoxmike
05-08-2006, 12:11 PM
If I was quite a bit younger, I'm 100% certain I would purchase one of the "middle ring finger" shirts. That was right up my dark alley when I was a 20-something, but I'm a bit too old for that kind of thing now.

Yeah, the middle finger shirts get me every time I see them. But even at 22, I can't justify spending $15 for one. I would never wear it around. I have a "he gone" shirt and a "cry" shirt that I bought in 04 among others-that i never wear. Thats the thing, they are funny, but I would never wear them around.

I said after the Sox won the World Series, all Sox fans should burn their anti-cubs shirts becuase they are no longer relevant.

Blob
05-08-2006, 12:16 PM
The one thing that kills me about these vendors is they sell you a cubs suck shirt. Then you go by wrigley and the same people sell the sox suck stuff.

They are cleaning up on both ends of town.

chisoxmike
05-08-2006, 12:30 PM
The one thing that kills me about these vendors is they sell you a cubs suck shirt. Then you go by wrigley and the same people sell the sox suck stuff.

They are cleaning up on both ends of town.

I would too. There is a lot of money being made. I would totally made Sox Suck shirts and sell them for $15 a pop to Cubs fans to pay for my Sox season tickets. **** 'em!

rdwj
05-08-2006, 12:50 PM
I would too. There is a lot of money being made. I would totally made Sox Suck shirts and sell them for $15 a pop to Cubs fans to pay for my Sox season tickets. **** 'em!

Brian Bosworth used that strategy to make a decent chunk of change in college. He started a clothing line that sold all the I hate Boz stuff to opposing fans. I always thought that was funny.

I want Mags back
05-08-2006, 03:19 PM

where at, Im going to the game tomorrow (5/9) whick lot is it by. Thats a must have. Sure i cant wear it to school, but on weekends its fine

TDog
05-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Brian Bosworth used that strategy to make a decent chunk of change in college. He started a clothing line that sold all the I hate Boz stuff to opposing fans. I always thought that was funny.

Because I never heard of Brian Bosworth, I googled him and learned he was kicked off his college football team after testing positive for steroids. Apparently he had to get juice money from somewhere.

Many of the people who sell the "Cubs Suck" shirts outside of Sox games sell "Sox Suck" shirt outside of Cubs games.