PDA

View Full Version : May 6th, guy laying in parking lot... anyone know ?

OzzyTrain
05-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Coming home Saturday it looked like a guy working for the Sox, or Chicago was laying on the street, did not look to good either. Was wondering what happen and if he was ok.

Hawkeroo1980
05-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Coming home Saturday it looked like a guy working for the Sox, or Chicago was laying on the street, did not look to good either. Was wondering what happen and if he was ok.

what?

SweetnesSox
05-07-2006, 09:53 PM
what?

?? a worker was laying in the street and he wanted to know if anyone knew what happened.

FedEx227
05-07-2006, 11:10 PM
:woo-woo
"I sleepz where I sleepz"

Edward
05-07-2006, 11:53 PM
:woo-woo
"I sleepz where I sleepz"

For some reason i feel guilty for laughing at this but.... :rolling:

DoItForDanPasqua
05-08-2006, 01:39 AM
I think that was Matt Stairs: I saw him with a fifth of Wild Turkey in the dugout.

OzzyTrain
05-08-2006, 07:24 PM
One of the white sox workers either got hit by a car or just collapsed. He looked pretty bad, I did not see him breathing.

Really see nothing funny about it

Chisox003
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
One of the white sox workers either got hit by a car or just collapsed. He looked pretty bad, I did not see him breathing.

Really see nothing funny about it
Was it a vendor? How do you know he was a worker? What street was it on? What time? Were there ambulances?

We need more details than you're giving us here

OzzyTrain
05-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Was it a vendor? How do you know he was a worker? What street was it on? What time? Were there ambulances?

We need more details than you're giving us here

He was outside of lot L at pershing. He had the lite they use to traffic cars.

Vernam
05-08-2006, 08:26 PM
The friend who used my tickets was in his car right where this accident happened on Saturday by Lot L. He said the Sox security guys were only letting vehicles turn one direction, and some ******* wouldn't take no for an answer. He started cursing at security and then swung quickly past them, heading in the direction they'd told him he couldn't go. His SUV evidently clipped one of the two security guys. According to my buddy, the nut sped off but got caught by cops a couple of blocks away. When my friend got there, the guy was already cuffed and spread-eagled on the ground.

I hope the security guy is okay. Can anyone confirm what happened and how he's doing? :(:

Vernam

chisoxfanatic
05-08-2006, 08:26 PM
He was outside of lot L at pershing. He had the lite they use to traffic cars.

That explains it. Someone must've been pissed off because these people often don't do a good job at directing traffic (or are asses while doing it), so he must've been clipped.

I usually park on the 3400 block of S. Wells, do a "whirl around" with my car and travel north on Wells. I usually make a lefthand turn at 33rd and Wells without a problem (I live just north of 31st and Union); however, several times, including last Wednesday night, they would NOT let me make that left-handed turn (physically blocking me from doing so). Instead, I had to travel east over the Ryan to 31st St. and back to the west of the Ryan to Union, which took roughly 20 more minutes more to get home than if they had originally allowed me to make the left-handed turn at 33rd and Wells, which isn't a real problem since they do not use both of those lanes for eastbound traffic ever.

It's stuff like this that piss people off. I'm not saying it's right to clip these traffic directors; however, there is a GREAT amount of improvement that is needed from them!

whitesoxwilkes
05-08-2006, 09:04 PM
That explains it. Someone must've been pissed off because these people often don't do a good job at directing traffic (or are asses while doing it), so he must've been clipped.

I usually park on the 3400 block of S. Wells, do a "whirl around" with my car and travel north on Wells. I usually make a lefthand turn at 33rd and Wells without a problem (I live just north of 31st and Union); however, several times, including last Wednesday night, they would NOT let me make that left-handed turn (physically blocking me from doing so). Instead, I had to travel east over the Ryan to 31st St. and back to the west of the Ryan to Union, which took roughly 20 more minutes more to get home than if they had originally allowed me to make the left-handed turn at 33rd and Wells, which isn't a real problem since they do not use both of those lanes for eastbound traffic ever.

It's stuff like this that piss people off. I'm not saying it's right to clip these traffic directors; however, there is a GREAT amount of improvement that is needed from them!

Wittaminit! You live that close to the ballpark and DRIVE to games? What kind of city dweller are you?

cbotnyse
05-08-2006, 09:07 PM

thats about 1/2 mile!! :o:

kevingrt
05-08-2006, 10:18 PM

I totally agree with you. They do an incredible crap job of trafficking around the Cell after the game. However, that gives no driver a means to hit a security guard. But they should improve traffic around the park.

Cat Thief
05-09-2006, 07:26 AM

If they allowed that left hand turn on 33rd everybody and their uncle would be doing it, and then that traffic would run into the cars exiting from Lot C. There is some method to their madness. Park on Princeton or Shields and walk across Armour Park. It's much easier considering you can hit 32nd on the way back home.

NorthSideSox72
05-09-2006, 08:47 AM

I'm sorry, but I have to call you out on this. We just read that a traffic director got hit by a car and was seriously hurt, and your reaction is to point out all the reasons why its OK to be pissed off at them? Nevermind that you clearly know nothing about the traffic plans for the park (do you have the city's plan map for this? Do you realize you can't just let thousands of cars onto 33rd at once?). Are you actually trying to justify this?

Tell you what. Next time we'll have none of them out there at all, and you can sit in traffic for an hour.
:angry:

whitesoxwilkes
05-09-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to call you out on this. We just read that a traffic director got hit by a car and was seriously hurt, and your reaction is to point out all the reasons why its OK to be pissed off at them? Nevermind that you clearly know nothing about the traffic plans for the park (do you have the city's plan map for this? Do you realize you can't just let thousands of cars onto 33rd at once?). Are you actually trying to justify this?

Tell you what. Next time we'll have none of them out there at all, and you can sit in traffic for an hour.
:angry:

A-freakin-men.

Jerko
05-09-2006, 09:11 AM
A few weeks ago I was walking to the game and I was on Normal between 33rd and 35th street. There is a cul de sac on that street immediately north of the opening for lot G I think it is. You can only access that lot from 35th street. One way in, one way out. Now, this cul-de-sac has trees, bushes, etc. Of course, Joe Hard Guy in his 4 by 4 comes out of the lot, and the only way you can go is left (south) to 35th street. Of course, instead of turning left like the rest of the people have to do, he just guns it, makes a right, and drove right over the ****in cul-de-sac between the 2 trees. So, yes, the parking people can be, and are, asses at times, but realize that sadly they're dealing with a whole new bunch of morons this year which probably doesn't help their mood any.

Vernam
05-09-2006, 04:13 PM
A few weeks ago I was walking to the game and I was on Normal between 33rd and 35th street. There is a cul de sac on that street immediately north of the opening for lot G I think it is. You can only access that lot from 35th street. One way in, one way out. Now, this cul-de-sac has trees, bushes, etc. Of course, Joe Hard Guy in his 4 by 4 comes out of the lot, and the only way you can go is left (south) to 35th street. Of course, instead of turning left like the rest of the people have to do, he just guns it, makes a right, and drove right over the ****in cul-de-sac between the 2 trees. So, yes, the parking people can be, and are, asses at times, but realize that sadly they're dealing with a whole new bunch of morons this year which probably doesn't help their mood any.Well said. I've heard the parking crews get on people's cases, by their fuses are WAY longer than mine would be if I had to put up with crap they do from "fans." Common decency is sometimes in short supply at the ballpark . . .

Vernam

OzzyTrain
05-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Hell I got into a fight with one of the white sox parking guys working in the gates, kept telling me to move up and I refused because I was already to close to the car.

But anyways yeah they don't do a good job at all, but no reason that should really be brought up in this thread at all.

Taliesinrk
05-09-2006, 09:51 PM
A few weeks ago I was walking to the game and I was on Normal between 33rd and 35th street. There is a cul de sac on that street immediately north of the opening for lot G I think it is. You can only access that lot from 35th street. One way in, one way out. Now, this cul-de-sac has trees, bushes, etc. Of course, Joe Hard Guy in his 4 by 4 comes out of the lot, and the only way you can go is left (south) to 35th street. Of course, instead of turning left like the rest of the people have to do, he just guns it, makes a right, and drove right over the ****in cul-de-sac between the 2 trees. So, yes, the parking people can be, and are, asses at times, but realize that sadly they're dealing with a whole new bunch of morons this year which probably doesn't help their mood any.

can't you exit out onto like 34th (or 33rd or something.. I don't know) street if you drive towards the other end of the parking lot??? I think, if this is the lot I'm thinking of, that I always park there and exit onto like 34th because 35th doesn't have an exit to get on the freeway going south..

gosox3072
05-09-2006, 10:10 PM
There is only one solution.....take the EL!

Jerko
05-10-2006, 09:07 AM
can't you exit out onto like 34th (or 33rd or something.. I don't know) street if you drive towards the other end of the parking lot??? I think, if this is the lot I'm thinking of, that I always park there and exit onto like 34th because 35th doesn't have an exit to get on the freeway going south..

I think there is an exit on 33rd just west of the viaduct now that you mention it. That makes the guy driving over the cul-de-sac even worse. He could have gone out the 33rd street way legally. But, if you use the Normal exit, you can only turn left (south) and hit 35th.

doublem23
05-10-2006, 09:14 AM
There is only one solution.....take the EL!
Seriously. There's thousands of cars leaving all at once onto city infrastructure that has been more or less the same since the Dan Ryan was built. If you're in a rush to get out of the game take the train or don't bother getting upset with the traffic people. It's not like there's some sort of 20-lane superhighway around the corner, but they're only letting a handful of cars on at once just to **** around with everyone. It's not their damn fault that the roads aren't designed to handle that kind of traffic all at once.

Anyways, I hope the guy is all right. They should lock this bastard up the way they do with construction workers. 14 years or $10,000 minimum.

Parking around the Cell is fine. The little hassle of having to wait an extra couple of minutes to get out is well worth it to keep the Sox in the city, in the neighborhood they've played in their entire existance, and out of some faceless, bland suburb. You think we got it bad, go to Wrigley. You'll be lucky if you don't have to walk 20 minutes to get back to your car.