PDA

View Full Version : Official...JOE CREDE!!!! does it again 5-7-06

flo-B-flo
05-07-2006, 05:02 PM
I swear, he should play the lottery:smile:

MERPER
05-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Honestly, is there a more clutch hitter in the league than Joe?

22-9.... and already showing they can play through an injury to one of their top hitters... they are DEEP!

Let's sweep the Angels again...haha...

:supernana: :) :supernana:

LongLiveFisk
05-07-2006, 05:05 PM
This is huge....it's not do-or-die but you just have to take 2 out of 3 from a weak team like KC.

Great job, guys!! :bandance: :gulp:

MarySwiss
05-07-2006, 05:06 PM
I read in another thread--probably yesterday's post-game--that Brandon and Bad Bobby were at Jimbo's after the game last night. So I cringed when Ozzie brought in McCarthy. And again when he brought in Jenks.
Uhhhhh, maybe the Sox bullpen should spend more time at Jimbo's? :tongue:

HomeFish
05-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Good news: Sox are 2.5 games up
Bad news: Johan Santana just announced his return

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2006, 05:07 PM
:hawk
"Joe Creee-deee,yessssss!!":bandance:

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2006, 05:09 PM

And he will face the Sox Friday or Saturday night.
Bring it on!!:angry:

FedEx227
05-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Wow not many comments, looks like 3/4th of WSI was at the game today.

Great game all-around. Joe CREEEEEDEEEEEEE is the man. B-Mac looked sharp, Jenks had his stuff together...

MarySwiss
05-07-2006, 05:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing. But there always do seem to be more comments following a loss than a win.

delben91
05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Fingernails on a blackboard looked sharp

Sharp fingernails for that extra high-pitched screech. :wink:

Great game all around, Crede is to the point where I'd now be shocked if he didn't get a hit in a clutch situation. Though I suppose that one didn't count, as anyone could've gotten a hit like that off the Royals.

IlliniSox4Life
05-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Pretty good game all around. Buehrle hasn't had his A-game lately, but he managed to pitch through it and have a very good game considering. Nice to see the bullpen with a strong performance too. This team just wins.

Unregistered
05-07-2006, 05:18 PM
http://www.katcaverly.com/mt-static/archives/images/jun1984.jpg

LongLiveFisk
05-07-2006, 05:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing. But there always do seem to be more comments following a loss than a win.

Definitely...I think you would have seen criticisms of Ozzie's suicide squeeze call by now. :D:

WikdChiSoxFan
05-07-2006, 05:19 PM
We didn't look to hot against the dominating Royals... but only one stat matters...W

FedEx227
05-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Sharp fingernails for that extra high-pitched screech. :wink:

Great game all around, Crede is to the point where I'd now be shocked if he didn't get a hit in a clutch situation. Though I suppose that one didn't count, as anyone could've gotten a hit like that off the Royals.
Damn somebody edited my comment. I must have wrote the unspeakable nickname. my fault haha

Yeah what a world of difference in Crede, it was only a year ago I dreeded him coming to the plate in anything other than a 9th inning situation, now you want him up no matter what inning, and NEED him up in the 8th-9th because its almost a guarenteed solid, run-scoring hit.

santo=dorf
05-07-2006, 05:21 PM
:rolleyes:

Had the Twins lost today this post would've been
Bad news: Tigers have announced they're for real

Realist
05-07-2006, 05:24 PM
I read in another thread--probably yesterday's post-game--that Brandon and Bad Bobby were at Jimbo's after the game last night. So I cringed when Ozzie brought in McCarthy. And again when he brought in Jenks.
Uhhhhh, maybe the Sox bullpen should spend more time at Jimbo's? :tongue:

I went to yesterday's game, shot over to Jimbo's, and closed Jimbo's last nite and I didn't see them. :?:

oeo
05-07-2006, 05:24 PM

That's nice. Too bad Johan can't carry the offense and the rest of that rotation.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Bad news: HomeFish just announced he is still crapping his pants

Fixed it for ya.

DumpJerry
05-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Just got back from the game:bandance:.

With all the love we're showing Crede, I have two words to add: Pablo Ozuna.
BTW: I loved Crede's "home run." We really fooled 'em!

mike squires
05-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Na Na Na Na sounds sweet again. Wow, on a good day that song can bring happy tears to my eyes.

rocky biddle
05-07-2006, 06:15 PM
I love this team. I can't remember a time in my life as a Sox fan that I believed they had a chance to win any game. Even when they're behind late in the game. Their swagger is contagious. What a fun summer (and fall) this is shaping up to be.

Kogs35
05-07-2006, 06:20 PM
all i have to say is that i luvvvvvvvvv pablo and joeeeeeeeeee crede!!!

cbone
05-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Just got back as well, what a beautiful day and a great game. I gotta tell ya, on a day like today when you're in that great park waiting for the World Champions to take the field and that opening montage starts, that is just about perfect. Great game today. Go Sox.

Murphy10
05-07-2006, 06:23 PM
How can u not love Joe Crede. However, I really wanted to see Mark get the w today.

itsnotrequired
05-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Just got back from the game:bandance:.

With all the love we're showing Crede, I have two words to add: Pablo Ozuna.
BTW: I loved Crede's "home run." We really fooled 'em!

That "HR" had me wondering what had happened. I hopped over to The Dude's section for a ruling and he didn't know what the heck happened either. Oh well, Sox win.

Sig update time.

cbotnyse
05-07-2006, 06:38 PM
I went to yesterday's game, shot over to Jimbo's, and closed Jimbo's last nite and I didn't see them. :?:

how could you miss Jenks in Jimbos? Big guy, small bar. (I wasnt there so I'm not sure if he was really there either.)

I think Pablo should win the inaugural 10th man award. :bandance:

TheDarkGundam
05-07-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm starting to think this "Joe Crede" guy can get some pretty good clutch hits. Anyone else noticing this?

itsnotrequired
05-07-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm starting to think this "Joe Crede" guy can get some pretty good clutch hits. Anyone else noticing this?
One time I was with Crede in the back of a pickup truck, along with a live deer. Crede goes up to the deer and says, 'I'm Joe Crede! SAY IT!' Then he manipulates the deer's lips in such a way as to make it say, 'Joecrede' ... It wasn't exactly like it, but it was pretty good for a deer!

The Dude
05-07-2006, 06:41 PM
That "HR" had me wondering what had happened. I hopped over to The Dude's section for a ruling and he didn't know what the heck happened either. Oh well, Sox win.

Sig update time.

Yes, and I still am not sure what the **** really happened! But the only thing that matters is the W! Crede is proving why hes an absolute stud all around 3rd baseman. I hope we can lock him up for a loooooonng time. Nice job and hustle once again by Pablo on the triple. And props to Burlymon for hanging in there even without his best stuff and giving us a chance to win. GO SOX!

DumpJerry
05-07-2006, 06:43 PM

Sig update time.
I saw the ball fly like all other home runs. I'm jumping up and down, watching Crede trotting around. Then I see the ball bounce into the stands and fireworks going off right after that. *Dumpjerry is now worried that it might really be a ground rule double.* The centerfielder fell down trying to catch the ball.

The center fielder comes running into the second base ump to point out the obvious.

I think what happened was the ball went out, but the stiff wind brought it back in. The flags behind the spot where the ball landed we at 90 degree angles pointed towards Home Plate. The hit was a high arc, so it did not have a chance against the wind.

On the other hand, it was further proof of Cub fan theories about Crede (and his teammates) having "career years" last year....

IlliniSox4Life
05-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Yes, and I still am not sure what the **** really happened!
The ball bounced on the warning track and into the stands. The LF misjudged it and thought it was going out so he climbed the wall. When he climbed the wall, the ump must have been focusing on him and not the ground and didnt see it bounce, then the ump sees it land in the stands he rules it a homerun. After the conference they got it right.

RowanDye
05-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Best Record In Baseball!

Unregistered
05-07-2006, 06:58 PM

Sig update time.
Yeah and the camerawork was awful, too. The cameraman just followed the center fielder to the fence and stayed in the bleachers before shooting back really quickly to catch the ball in mid flight on the bounce into the crowd. It was really confusing and they never did actually get a shot of the ball bouncing on the warning track. So we just had to take Hawk and DJ's word for it.

Either way,

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/28/99/13519982/7168054228635m.jpg
"TO JOE CREDE!!"

Erik The Red
05-07-2006, 07:07 PM
they never did actually get a shot of the ball bouncing on the warning track.
Um, yes they did.

Unregistered
05-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Um, yes they did.
Well I was watching and didn't see it. All they showed was the ball flying back into the bleachers after realizing it wasn't there already. The camera was focused on the crowd when the ball bounced. Unless they found some other angle later in the game and replayed it, I didn't see it.

I try not to lie about these things. :redneck

MarySwiss
05-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I saw the ball fly like all other home runs. I'm jumping up and down, watching Crede trotting around. Then I see the ball bounce into the stands and fireworks going off right after that. *Dumpjerry is now worried that it might really be a ground rule double.* The centerfielder fell down trying to catch the ball.

The center fielder comes running into the second base ump to point out the obvious.

I think what happened was the ball went out, but the stiff wind brought it back in. The flags behind the spot where the ball landed we at 90 degree angles pointed towards Home Plate. The hit was a high arc, so it did not have a chance against the wind.

On the other hand, it was further proof of Cub fan theories about Crede (and his teammates) having "career years" last year....

Pretty much. When it bounced into the stands, I thought "well okay; ground rule double." You could see from Crede's reaction that he thought so as well. I think the Royals' CF actually juked the ump when he jumped against the wall, and he looked as surprised as anybody when the ball bounced in front of him and bounded into the stands. I wasn't surprised they overturned the home run; as a matter of fact, I was kind of glad. I had a picture of the Sox winning the game 1-zip, and then all that "they're cheaters" or "they're lucky" crap would have started up again.

This was one of those rare times that you were better off watching at home on the big-screen. Although I have to tell you, when "Clutch" came up in the game situation and I was watching all the fans--especially the nuns!--rocking and rolling, I started to "sofa dance" along!

MarySwiss
05-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Well I was watching and didn't see it. All they showed was the ball flying back into the bleachers after realizing it wasn't there already. The camera was focused on the crowd when the ball bounced. Unless they found some other angle later in the game and replayed it, I didn't see it.

Sorry, Unregistered, but on WGN, they showed it at least twice. I would have been astonished if they hadn't called back the home run. Happy, but astonished.

RadioheadRocks
05-07-2006, 07:22 PM
That group of nuns they kept showing during the game sure seemed to have a good time. Loved their sign too: "NUNS LOVE THE WHITE SOX". Wonder if we'll see them on ESPN tonight... :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Unregistered
05-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Sorry, Unregistered, but on WGN, they showed it at least twice. I would have been astonished if they hadn't called back the home run. Happy, but astonished.
Sorry, MarySwiss, but if I didn't see it, it didn't happen.

OK, OK - I must've missed it. :tongue:

sox647
05-07-2006, 07:36 PM
That group of nuns they kept showing during the game sure seemed to have a good time. Loved their sign too: "NUNS LOVE THE WHITE SOX". Wonder if we'll see them on ESPN tonight... :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

try and mess with the SOX and we'll send our nuns after you :thumbsup:

bafiarocks03
05-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Today's game was amazing! I had a awesome time! I was in 102 row 8! Pretty good seats I guess! But Today's game and after the game, made me realize exactly how much i miss Willie! Seriously, LIke everyone's got their #1 player..Crede, or Scotty, or Jon or something! I mean I love every single man on this team, But Willie was my boi..i can't help it! Soo if i had to pick to go to one more game this season! It's against Boston! no doubt! I miss him bunches! LIke i can't even explain it! =[

Anyway! Today I met Brian Anderson! And he's just the biggest cutie pie ever! =]

GO SOX!

batmanZoSo
05-07-2006, 07:53 PM

I couldn't conclusively tell what happened when I saw it live, but on the replay you could see that the fielder (don't even know half these Royals) just misjudged the crap out of the ball and it was really just a routine warning track pop up. Thing is you rarely ever see a misjudge like that so it threw everyone off for a minute.

Pods also had problems with one ball early on but managed to catch it. Then later the center fielder muffed Thome's pop up. The sun was killer today. And not just in Chicago...I caught a moment of the Mets/Braves game and the Braves CF lost one in the sun too. There must have been some astronomical event going on today. Quick, to the observascope!

Unregistered
05-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I couldn't conclusively tell what happened when I saw it live, but on the replay you could see that the fielder (don't even know half these Royals) just misjudged the crap out of the ball and it was really just a routine warning track pop up. Thing is you rarely ever see a misjudge like that so it threw everyone off for a minute.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4291&d=1146065915

That's what I'm saying: the cameraman must've been following "Player 1" (that's what I call all the unknown Royals) and not the ball, which is why the camera was focused on the crowd and not on the ball hitting the warning track.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2006, 08:05 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4291&d=1146065915

That's what I'm saying: the cameraman must've been following "Player 1" (that's what I call all the unknown Royals) and not the ball, which is why the camera was focused on the crowd and not on the ball hitting the warning track.

Dude, you were watching the Bridges of Madison County at the time. Just admit it.

Unregistered
05-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Dude, you were watching the Bridges of Madison County at the time. Just admit it.
Close. I was watching it before the game. You know you can't just "watch" BoMC without getting tears in your eyes. I just couldn't see at the time is all...

gobears1987
05-07-2006, 08:31 PM

I was there. The stadium was the loudest I have heard it right after that triple. What was Hawk's response to the calling the HR back?

gobears1987
05-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Na Na Na Na sounds sweet again. Wow, on a good day that song can bring happy tears to my eyes.yeah, my brothers, dad, and I were loudly singing that both times the pitchers got pulled and when the Sox won.

I liked Nancy's song selection. She played the theme from Godfather for Grafanino.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-07-2006, 08:34 PM
What has gotten into Pablo Ozuna lately? Can we give it to the rest of the team, too?

:cool:

buehrle4cy05
05-07-2006, 08:41 PM
I went down there today with a bunch of friends...stood on the fan deck the entire game (we got on the jumbotron-my friend had a sign that said "I ♥ my pitchers Buehrle"). It was good to see Buehrle back on track outside of the two HR's, and same goes to Politte, who looked pretty good.

Any chance we can put Pablo in right? I'd like to see Ozzie working him in there as long as JD is nursing a sore calf. I know it may sacrifice some defense, but the way Pablo's going offensively, it's tough to sit him.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2006, 08:45 PM
What has gotten into Pablo Ozuna lately? Can we give it to the rest of the team, too?

Have him give it to Mackowiak, yeesh.

Blob
05-07-2006, 08:45 PM
I love hearing Hawk yell Joe's name!

TheDarkGundam
05-07-2006, 08:50 PM
yeah, my brothers, dad, and I were loudly singing that both times the pitchers got pulled and when the Sox won.

I liked Nancy's song selection. She played the theme from Godfather for Grafanino.
On TV we could hear at one point when KC changed pitchers, Nancy was playing the opening to "Charge!" right before the new pitcher came in, and without skipping a beat went into Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye. It sounded really cool.
Bum bum bum bum buuuuuuuNa na na na Hey hey hey Goooooooodbye
Something like that. :D:

DickAllen72
05-07-2006, 09:09 PM

The Backyardigan strikes again!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

DickAllen72
05-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Have him give it to Mackowiak, yeesh.

Don't worry about Mackowiak.

bahn1225
05-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I just don't understand.

I watched the 6pm showing of Baseball Tonight and the SOX game wasn't even covered.

After watching that program my only question is this:

Who has the best record in baseball?
The Yankees or the Mets?

Brian26
05-07-2006, 09:31 PM
We didn't look to hot against the dominating Royals... but only one stat matters...W

Any team that has Graffanino batting third is in trouble (and I know he had three hits today).

TaylorStSox
05-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Any chance we can put Pablo in right? I'd like to see Ozzie working him in there as long as JD is nursing a sore calf. I know it may sacrifice some defense, but the way Pablo's going offensively, it's tough to sit him.

The only way I could see that happen is to move BA to right and Pods to center. So, no, it ain't gonna happen.

Brian26
05-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Pods also had problems with one ball early on but managed to catch it.

Pods wasn't in the game until the bottom of the 8th.

FielderJones
05-07-2006, 09:39 PM
I just don't understand.
Teal.

Not teal.

:tealtutor:

SoxFan33
05-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Got back from the game a while ago. :D: Great time! Joe Crede does it once again!!

Unregistered
05-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Pods also had problems with one ball early on but managed to catch it.

Pods wasn't in the game until the bottom of the 8th.

Looks like someone else was watching The Bridges of Madison County, too... :cool:

BackNBlack
05-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Opposing teams have just renamed him uh-oh Crede. Give him four or you'll pay for it, Go Joe!

Corlose 15
05-07-2006, 10:30 PM
I was at the game today and the crowd was phenomenal. A lot of energy, into the game and VERY loud. You could even hear how loud it was during the radio highlights on the way home.

Right before Iguchi popped up the bunt I turned to my dad and said "this would be a good time for a squeeze", too bad Tadahito didn't come through. Ozzie and Joey seriously need to put these guys through a bunting clinic because they suck at it right now. Also I was thinking that there was no one else I'd rather see up in that situation when Crede was up. Before his single everybody in the stadium started standing and the place went nuts when it went through the left side. Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye was LOUD.

Also anyone else notice that Nancy played the Irish jig thingy when "The Senator" was introduced? Pretty funny.:D:

thomas35forever
05-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I was there. Crede does it again!!!!!!!! Pablo's probably the fastest bench player in baseball (I thought he was stealing home on that squeeze), and Bobby looked unhittable. If you only throw three balls, you're doing something right.

Was anyone cold in the upper deck? I felt a lot of cold wind sitting up there in the shade.

credefan24
05-07-2006, 11:04 PM
I was at the game as well. The crowd was great! And how 'bout that Joe Creedeeeeeee!!

And I have a question, someone earlier posted that it was "bad news" that Santana is back. I don't understand that statement. We are the defending WORLD SERIES CHAMPS. We aren't the ones who are supposed to worry about whether an opposing team's ace will face us.

How did we do against Santana last time?

And will there be a WSI get together to watch Bridges of Madison County? I'll bring the popcorn.

Lillian
05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Ozuna is off to such a great start that he's making it pretty hard not to give him a few more starts. With Uribe struggling so badly, I wouldn't mind Pablo taking Uribe's place for a few games. Short, or second are the positions that he has played the most in the minors, and he seems to be best suited for the middle infield. What do you think? I love Uribe's defense, but he looks pretty awful at the plate right now. I'd like to see Pablo play until he cools off. One thing noone has to worry about is the guy giving it everything he has. You have to love his energy.

TornLabrum
05-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Ozuna is off to such a great start that he's making it pretty hard not to give him a few more starts. With Uribe struggling so badly, I wouldn't mind Pablo taking Uribe's place for a few games. Short, or second are the positions that he has played the most in the minors, and he seems to be best suited for the middle infield. What do you think? I love Uribe's defense, but he looks pretty awful at the plate right now. I'd like to see Pablo play until he cools off. One thing noone has to worry about is the guy giving it everything he has. You have to love his energy.

Anywhere but left field. He badly misplayed one off the wall late in today's game.

QCIASOXFAN
05-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I luuvvvv Joe Crede!

chisoxfanatic
05-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Who'd like to put money on Crede being Hawk's favorite player all-time? That's true man-love Crede's getting from him! :redneck

Crede's gonna get paid this coming offseason! KW's a smart GM, so I won't worry about losing major pieces of this team, even if they are represented by Scott Borass!

ilsox7
05-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Who'd like to put money on Crede being Hawk's favorite player all-time? That's true man-love Crede's getting from him! :redneck

Crede's gonna get paid this coming offseason! KW's a smart GM, so I won't worry about losing major pieces of this team, even if they are represented by Scott Borass!

He will get paid, but he's not a free agent. So pretty much no chance of losing him.

Tragg
05-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Who'd like to put money on Crede being Hawk's favorite player all-time?
Move over, Dan Pasqua...Hawk has dumped you.

fquaye149
05-08-2006, 12:11 AM

[teal] :corpseball: [end teal]

:redneck

edit: i see the corpseball tag is gone...ah success!:cool:

Brian26
05-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Was anyone cold in the upper deck? I felt a lot of cold wind sitting up there in the shade.

It was boiling in the sun, but as soon as the shade hit my seats it became a little chilly.

JB98
05-08-2006, 12:37 AM
I was there. Crede does it again!!!!!!!! Pablo's probably the fastest bench player in baseball (I thought he was stealing home on that squeeze), and Bobby looked unhittable. If you only throw three balls, you're doing something right.

I got a sunburn in the UD today. That's the difference between the right-field line and the left-field line.

How bad is Kerry Robinson in CF? He butchered that fly that Thome hit in the eighth. Crede made him pay. We'll take the win on a day where we played some bench guys and Buerhle didn't have his good control.

Wait until you guys get a load of Dave van Dyck's article for tomorrow. He says that Sox fans now have to "worry" about Buerhle after "enduring" Jose's spring injury and the early "struggles" of Garcia and Garland.

What? Me worry? The Sox are 22-9 and 7-1 with me in attendance. The only worry I have is whether this sunburn is going hurt tomorrow. :D:

chisoxfanatic
05-08-2006, 01:01 AM
What? Me worry? The Sox are 22-9 and 7-1 with me in attendance. The only worry I have is whether this sunburn is going hurt tomorrow. :D:

Keep applying aloe gel and you'll be fine.

MrRoboto83
05-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Beautiful day for a White Sox winner. :gulp:

StillMissOzzie
05-08-2006, 01:44 AM
Today's game was amazing! I had a awesome time! I was in 102 row 8! Pretty good seats I guess! But Today's game and after the game, made me realize exactly how much i miss Willie! ... GO SOX!

Were you there w/ two friends in "Sunday Black" T-shirts, one of which said "WILLIE" for a name on the back? We were exactly 20 rows behind you!

SMO
:gulp:

Sad
05-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Beautiful day for a White Sox winner. :gulp:

was a nice day at the ole ballpark for sure...