View Full Version : Sunday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
05-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Won the damn game.

:crede

Hey Shoota, kiss my ass.

ondafarm
05-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Absolutely. The prototypical pick-to-click.

Crede_Fan
05-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Think they (other teams) will keep Intentional walking the guy before Crede?

Nellie_Fox
05-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Think they (other teams) will keep intentionally walking the guy before Crede?The bigger surprise is that they didn't walk Joe too, to get to Mackowiak.

shes
05-07-2006, 03:49 PM

If it's Konerko, yes. If it's Dye, yes. If it's AJ, probably not.

Mr. White Sox
05-07-2006, 03:50 PM

Yes. Once the Yankees or Red Sox or Cubs do it, however:

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4240.jpg
"Boy, this Joe Crede has come out of nowhere! He's not known to produce in the clutch, and that was a good decision by Terry Francona to get past Paul Konerko, who is finally coming out of his slump. Joe Crede is not a starting third baseman in this league; he is having one good year."

Frater Perdurabo
05-07-2006, 05:56 PM
Crede surely is living up to his potential. Did anyone in 2000 forsee him generating .300+ average, good power, Gold Glove-caliber defense, and unbelievably clutch hitting to this extent?

Not to take anything away from Jermaine Dye, but Crede may be positioning himself to be the #5 hitter next year behind Thome and Konerko. This may allow the Sox the luxury of letting Dye leave as a free agent to give Ryan Sweeney a shot to win the RF job in Spring Training 2007.

SectionBNole
05-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Eh... I would hate to see Jermaine leave. You don't see too many arms of the caliber he has.

Chips
05-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Eh... I would hate to see Jermaine leave. You don't see too many arms of the caliber he has.

Dye has one of the best arms in the league.

Mr. White Sox
05-07-2006, 06:45 PM

Well, he's getting older, and with that the injury risk increases. He's also going to make quite a bit more money than when the Sox first signed him due to last year and All-Star caliber numbers this year. I think Sweeney challenging for the starting RF spot in 2007 is highly plausible. I haven't seen him play extensively, but doesn't Sweeney have a hell of an arm in RF?

ilsox7
05-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Well, he's getting older, and with that the injury risk increases. He's also going to make quite a bit more money than when the Sox first signed him due to last year and All-Star caliber numbers this year. I think Sweeney challenging for the starting RF spot in 2007 is highly plausible. I haven't seen him play extensively, but doesn't Sweeney have a hell of an arm in RF?

The Sox hold a team option on JD for $6MM I htink it is.

beckett21
05-07-2006, 08:09 PM
TBGR: Grinding it Out (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3124)

:cool:

Frater Perdurabo
05-07-2006, 09:14 PM

I think Jermaine is a valuable cog in the Sox lineup and his arm is an asset in right field. I certainly don't want to lose him on a whim. I'm just saying that Crede is becoming a player who could be a very good #5 hitter behind Thome and Konerko, who could make it easier for the Sox to save the $6 million option and give them the luxury to break in Sweeney at the bottom of the lineup, much like they are doing with Anderson this year.

The bottom line is that I'm complimenting Crede by saying that Crede could fill Dye's role in the offense. I most certainly am NOT advocating declining Dye's option year. I'm just saying that Crede appears he could give them the flexibility to do so if they choose to do so.

LuvSox
05-07-2006, 11:57 PM
The bigger surprise is that they didn't walk Joe too, to get to Mackowiak.

I was thinking the same thing at the time.