PDA

View Full Version : Over at ESPN...

KempersRS
01-29-2002, 05:16 PM
Over on ESPN.com you can click on MLB and the cover story is on our ChiSox for those of you interested.

Doing a little more surfing on ESPN, I checked the O's board, here is really the only analysis of the trade from an O's fan point of view.

Classic Syd. He hears all the complaints about how he's not doing anything so what does he do? He trades arguably our best prospect for junk. KEN Singleton was good, Chris Singleton is junk. This trade reminds of when he traded Jaysen Werth for junk. John Bale is horrible. I think this is a horrible trade. It's not that I don't like Chris Singleton though. I'd rather have him in center then Melvin Mora. The problem is you don't give up one of your very few position player prospects for Singleton. You just don't do that. So to reiterate, this trade perfectly backs up what I've been saying all along, Syd Thrift is incapable of making a trade in which the Orioles will recieve someone good. Who knows if Harris will turn out to be any good but if he does, he won't be on our team. I'd definately say the ChiSox got the better out of this deal.

Jjav829
01-29-2002, 05:19 PM
Speaking of Thrift I heard a funny story about him. Supposedly when he first got to the winter meetings he went up to someone from the Blue Jays (Im not sure who) and asked him if he would consider trading Shawn Green. :smile:

RichH55
01-29-2002, 07:25 PM
There is always someone worse than you out there

kermittheefrog
01-29-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
There is always someone worse than you out there

Apparently not if you're Baltimore!