PDA

View Full Version : A Santo movie?...

Tragg
05-06-2006, 11:19 PM
I turn on WGN this evening, hoping the Sox were on, and what do I find but a tribute to Santo. I check the TV guide on the internet, and it's a 2 hour movie called "This Old Cub". I flip back once in a while, and all it is is Santo in the hall; Santo in the hall.
This is weird. He must have paid for it is all I can figure.

RadioheadRocks
05-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Ah yes... "THIS OLD CUB" has been discussed quite a bit in the forums... the threads are mighty entertaining reading!

TornLabrum
05-06-2006, 11:23 PM
I turn on WGN this evening, hoping the Sox were on, and what do I find but a tribute to Santo. I check the TV guide on the internet, and it's a 2 hour movie called "This Old Cub". I flip back once in a while, and all it is is Santo in the hall; Santo in the hall.
This is weird. He must have paid for it is all I can figure.

He didn't have to pay for it. His son made it.

Tragg
05-06-2006, 11:29 PM
He didn't have to pay for it. His son made it. And funded it, I gather (not that it probably required much funding)? And I presume only WGN airs it.
What an obnoxious movie. I see now it was made 2 years ago...I'm sure it has gotten some mention on here.

RadioheadRocks
05-06-2006, 11:30 PM
And I presume only WGN airs it.
What an obnoxious movie.

The DVD is also available at many fine retail outlets in the Chicagoland area (including one near you!!!).

TornLabrum
05-06-2006, 11:33 PM
The DVD is also available at many fine retail outlets in the Chicagoland area (including one near you!!!).

Proceeds going to the Ron Santo's Son's Wallet Foundation.

Tragg
05-06-2006, 11:39 PM
No need...I recorded it.

cheeses_h_rice
05-06-2006, 11:43 PM
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/bluealbino/SYP/images/lisa-yell.gif

What a crummy video store. All they have are videos about Ron Santo!

SOX ADDICT '73
05-07-2006, 12:18 AM
I'd never seen the show "Arli$$" starring Robert Wuhl, but I caught the 2nd half of an episode on ESPN Classic the other night. Arliss appeals to the media to finally vote into the HOF this old-timer named "Ronnie" (Arliss's first client), a third baseman who had played with Ernie Banks (made a cameo), and "never had outstanding stats, but came to ballpark each day and did his job." According to Arliss, the annual snubbing of "Ronnie" was a great injustice. I was expecting to find out that "Ronnie" was also a diabetic and double amputee.

The fictional part came when the writers relented and voted this Ronnie (who in the end turns out to be a wife-beating scumbag) into the Hall, while the "real" Ronny continues to sit by the phone...