PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Blow Save In Ninth And Lose To Twinkies

infohawk
05-06-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't bring this up to scoreboard watch, but because it shows we aren't the only team to blow a save against a team with an anemic offense.

Tragg
05-06-2006, 10:44 PM
The Sox are too mature to let losses like last night linger . Hopefully for the Tigers, it will send them into a nice tailspin. Although single-handedly keeping them out of the playoffs, like we did the tribe last year, has its merits.

SOXSINCE'70
05-06-2006, 10:46 PM
:hawk
"YYYYYYESSSSSSS!!!!"

TornLabrum
05-06-2006, 10:47 PM
The Sox are too mature to let losses like last night linger . Hopefully for the Tigers, it will send them into a nice tailspin. Although single-handedly keeping them out of the playoffs, like we did the tribe last year, has its merits.

One major difference between this year and last: Jim Leyland.

Tragg
05-06-2006, 10:51 PM
One major difference between this year and last: Jim Leyland.
Indeed; but hopefully the Tigers' talent level will overcome the manager's talent level.

Ol' No. 2
05-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Indeed; but hopefully the Tigers' talent level will overcome the manager's talent level.Book it. Scoreboard watching will become pointless by mid-June. Except this year they're going to hang on to their 15-game lead.

ShoelessJoeS
05-07-2006, 01:39 AM
Book it. Scoreboard watching will become pointless by mid-June. Except this year they're going to hang on to their 15-game lead.Agreed. Shall we make a poll on which TEAM will fall back down to Earth first: Reds or Tigers?

:cool:

MUsoxfan
05-07-2006, 01:46 AM
Agreed. Shall we make a poll on which TEAM will fall back down to Earth first: Reds or Tigers?

:cool:

Reds. There's no question

ShoelessJoeS
05-07-2006, 01:51 AM
Reds. There's no questionThat would be my guess as well. I was just asking in light of the recent poll with the same title regarding pitchers, however.

Mr. White Sox
05-07-2006, 01:59 AM
For the Reds to fall back to earth, Bronson Arroyo has to realize he doesn't have a godly slider, and the pitchers as a whole need to remember which ballpark they're pitching in.

For the Tigers to fall back to earth, Maggs, Guillen, Jones, and Shelton all need to go down with injuries, or at least a couple of them do. In addition, Maroth needs to remember he sucks.

Answer: Reds ... at least it's the most likely.

Chisox003
05-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Look at the pitching staffs, then look at the home park those pitching staffs will be playing in.

Reds - by mid May

soxfanreggie
05-07-2006, 02:26 AM
One of my friends is a Reds fan...she keeps telling me how they are the best team in the majors. I then remind her of how we won our World Series by giving it our all every month and how it's April and there are many more months to the season.