PDA

View Full Version : Watching a game from the fundamentals deck

buehrle4cy05
05-06-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm walking up tommorow with a bunch of friends, but can't find much in the way of seats in a row. What I'm thinking of doing is buying 7 induvidual lower deck tickets and sitting on the fan deck or standing on the fundamentals deck. Is it ok to stay the whole game on the fundamentals deck (which we may end up doing), and has anybody ever done it?

chisox2005
05-06-2006, 08:05 PM
If you have a 10 year old with you it will be ok. Everytime I've tried to get in there just to check it out they say you need a child to come in.

SweetnesSox
05-06-2006, 08:24 PM
do they card you and tell you you're not of age?

elrod
05-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Just go to the centerfield patio area. You can't get into the Fundamentals area without a child.

HotelWhiteSox
05-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Hmmm, that's weird, I had no problem hanging out in the Fan Deck went I went during the Opening Series, actually, there were a lot more older guys and teens then there were kids, many just chilling on the deck, watching the game

chisoxmike
05-06-2006, 10:23 PM
When I went to the fundementals deck they never said anything to me about not being with a kid. They did tell me to get rid of my beer before entering though.

nasox
05-06-2006, 10:26 PM
I went to numerous games last year where I walked up, bought the crapiest, cheapest UD ticket I could and watched from the Fundamentals area. Nobody cared, and if fact, there were a lot of people there sometimes who were fun to talk and hang out with. I recommend it, but only for those who don't mind standing (or swearing-it is a place for kids first). Good view of the field too, much better than sitting in 554 or so.

batmanZoSo
05-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Anyone can go on the fundamentals deck. You probably have to have a kid to go into the actual fundamentals thing. It would be kind of weird for a grown man to go up there trying to hit a whiffle ball off a tee. But you can stand and watch the game on the front railing. It's a good view for sure. Can't smoke or drink there though.

itsnotrequired
05-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Anyone can go on the fundamentals deck. You probably have to have a kid to go into the actual fundamentals thing. It would be kind of weird for a grown man to go up there trying to hit a whiffle ball off a tee. But you can stand and watch the game on the front railing. It's a good view for sure. Can't smoke or drink there though.
Technically, one is only allowed into Fundamentals if they have a child with them. Even then it is at most two adults per child. A sign detailing as much is posted at all entrances to Fundamentals (deck included).

Enforcement of this "rule" is pretty lax though so it usually isn't a problem. If you try to get up there without a kid and are all tanked up, they will probably tell you to take a hike. If you use the old "my friend has never seen Fundamentals" line, they will let you through 99% of the time. The no alcohol rule, however, is strictly enforced.

If you are looking to sit together, aim for the Fan Deck in center field. If everyone gets there right when the gates open, you should be able to score seats together in the front row. This assumes there isn't a private party on the Fan Deck. If there is, you are out of luck and will probably end up roaming the outfield concourse.

MrRoboto83
05-07-2006, 01:19 AM
I would go to the Fan Deck. The fundamentals area will have tons of kids up there, it is a Sunday Kids Day at the ballpark.

DumpJerry
05-07-2006, 01:35 AM
I almost always go up to the Fundamentals Deck and I have never had a kid with me. Alcohol is strictly not allowed, but I've never seen someone turned away for lack of a kid.

SoXPriDe33
05-07-2006, 10:05 AM
I went to a game last year with two of my friends and we ended up finding two more of our friends that were there and we went to the Fundamentals Deck before th game and were allowed in but we couldn't do anything in there (we were 16-17 yrs old) but later in the game my Dad and his two business partners were walking around the outfield concourse and decided to go up there but they were turned away.

soxstarter
05-07-2006, 11:28 AM
I almost always go up to the Fundamentals Deck and I have never had a kid with me. Alcohol is strictly not allowed, but I've never seen someone turned away for lack of a kid.

Never???? :tongue:

skobabe8
05-07-2006, 03:51 PM
I've never been turned away and I go up there fairly often. It would be a nice place to watch a game start to finish. Bathrooms are right below you on the concourse and right above you on the 500 level. Plus the kiddie concession stand has some gatorade and juice to quench your non-alcoholic thirst. :cool: