PDA

View Full Version : No More Golf Banter

DoItForDanPasqua
05-06-2006, 06:33 PM
My heart sank when I found out that Chris Singleton played golf because I knew what was going to happen. Now him and Farmer bring up something about golf every inning. How many times did he bring up his score during last night's game? I'm guessing about fifty. At least Rooney would ignore Farmer when he started going on and on about his tee time or what he shot. Every two idiot, sports announcers talk about their golf games. Someone must have taught them that it's sure fire material. Well, I'm here to tell you that it makes my ears bleed when these guys talk about their five iron while the bases are loaded or when something is going wrong for the Sox. Or maybe I'm just bitter because the Sox lost to KC.

MarySwiss
05-06-2006, 06:58 PM
My heart sank when I found out that Chris Singleton played golf because I knew what was going to happen. Now him and Farmer bring up something about golf every inning. How many times did he bring up his score during last night's game? I'm guessing about fifty. At least Rooney would ignore Farmer when he started going on and on about his tee time or what he shot. Every two idiot, sports announcers talk about their golf games. Someone must have taught them that it's sure fire material. Well, I'm here to tell you that it makes my ears bleed when these guys talk about their five iron while the bases are loaded or when something is going wrong for the Sox. Or maybe I'm just bitter because the Sox lost to KC.

Dude! Exactly how I felt when Bob Elson used to constantly bring up "Friendly Bob Adams" at whatever-the-hell loan company back in the day. REPORT THE DAMN GAME; THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE PAYING YOU FOR!!!!

*And I'm sure I'll get a boatload of **** from the Elson fans out there. Save it; it's my opinion.

PaulDrake
05-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Dude! Exactly how I felt when Bob Elson used to constantly bring up "Friendly Bob Adams" at whatever-the-hell loan company back in the day. REPORT THE DAMN GAME; THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE PAYING YOU FOR!!!!

*And I'm sure I'll get a boatload of **** from the Elson fans out there. Save it; it's my opinion. That's ANdover 3 2020 and your money will be ready and waiting. :D:

TornLabrum
05-06-2006, 10:52 PM

*And I'm sure I'll get a boatload of **** from the Elson fans out there. Save it; it's my opinion.

Those are called commercials. He and the station got paid to read them.

batmanZoSo
05-06-2006, 10:57 PM

I hate when they interrupt the TV broadcast to tell me about Arby's new chicken sandwich. Like I care about that, I wanna see the game! :wink:

MarySwiss
05-06-2006, 11:22 PM

(Sigh!) Gee thanks, Hal! I know that! :cool:

But why did he always seem to feel the need to read them when there was a game situation?

TornLabrum
05-06-2006, 11:31 PM
(Sigh!) Gee thanks, Hal! I know that! :cool:

But why did he always seem to feel the need to read them when there was a game situation?

Because he probably had a certain number to insert per inning. My God, nowadays we're stuck with "Todays uniform colors have been brought to you by Triple Threat Sports."

SouthSide_HitMen
05-06-2006, 11:34 PM

The difference is Bob Elson's paycheck depended on advertising for sponsors of the White Sox. The same can't be said for the golf banter and other nonsense broadcast during games on The Whore 670 AM. Thank God in game ads are mostly White Sox promotions or we might be hearing this from Singleton:

Meet up with "Friendly Heather Hooker" at Heavenly Bodies. Bring your White Sox ticket stub for 2 for 1 lap dances or $25 off a bottle of champagne with your favorite performer.

MarySwiss
05-06-2006, 11:45 PM
The difference is Bob Elson's paycheck depended on advertising for sponsors of the White Sox. The same can't be said for the golf banter and other nonsense broadcast during games on The Whore 670 AM. Thank God in game ads are mostly White Sox promotions or we might be hearing this from Singleton:

Meet up with "Friendly Heather Hooker" at Heavenly Bodies. Bring your White Sox ticket stub for 2 for 1 lap dances or $25 off a bottle of champagne with your favorite performer.
Now THAT'S scary!:o:

TornLabrum
05-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Now THAT'S scary!:o:

It would be even scarier if we had to listen to Mike North talk about "My guuuuyyyys" at Heavenly Bodies.

SOXSINCE'70
05-06-2006, 11:55 PM
"Todays uniform colors have been brought to you by Triple Threat Sports."

Soon,the groundouts,pop ups and fly ball outs will be sponsored.:angry:

Nellie_Fox
05-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Tonight they were still talking about the fact that Singleton didn't play from the back tees yesterday, and how it would have added 500 yards to the course if he had.

WE DON'T CARE!

MUsoxfan
05-07-2006, 02:36 AM
Tonight they were still talking about the fact that Singleton didn't play from the back tees yesterday, and how it would have added 500 yards to the course if he had.

WE DON'T CARE!

Where were they playing?:redneck

TDog
05-07-2006, 04:21 AM
Honestly, golf banter is one of the reasons I loathe Ken Harrelson's play-by-play.

DoItForDanPasqua
05-07-2006, 06:04 AM
Honestly, golf banter is one of the reasons I loathe Ken Harrelson's play-by-play.

I could think of about 50 more.

Steelrod
05-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Beats the bantering about Yaz, The Mick, and all the other guys who have no clue who the hawk is!

vegyrex
05-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Of all the reasons people bring up why they can't stand the hawk, that golf banter was the only one I agree with. This year and last year he seems to have cooled it, though.

Now he brings up "Sudden Sam" McDowell at the drop of a hat. :D:

That I could live with.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-07-2006, 02:23 PM

WE DON'T CARE!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/exe_mugs/boyer.jpg "We've heard from some fans who are spitting venom'' :rolleyes:

LongLiveFisk
05-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I hate constantly hearing about golf too but we're screwed because it's a rich person's game and let's face it, these guys are making big bucks. So naturally it's always on the brain since it's their favorite hobby.

soxruleEP
05-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Beats the bantering about Yaz, The Mick, and all the other guys who have no clue who the hawk is!

Trust me, those guys know/knew who Hawk is--he was for a few years a good power hitter in the American League.

The cartoon he has turned himself into over the courseof the last ten years is another issue all together.

flo-B-flo
05-07-2006, 04:35 PM

Meet up with "Friendly Heather Hooker" at Heavenly Bodies. Bring your White Sox ticket stub for 2 for 1 lap dances or $25 off a bottle of champagne with your favorite performer.LOL!!! Thanks for making my day.