PDA

View Full Version : Farmer had me rolling

JohnBasedowYoda
05-06-2006, 01:28 AM
During the day game on thursday Farmer said something so great...I wass rolling.

Singleton was talking about Contreras and said "Contreras has him right where he wants him"
Farmer then said," You know who said that? General Custer. How'd that turn out? Yeah he said 'guys we've got them right where we want them.' he turned around and looked behind him and said 'we better redo that one.'"

Just imagining Custer sounding, looking, and acting like Farmer and with the dry humor....
:kneeslap:

Nellie_Fox
05-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Yeah, well, if they had discussed Singleton's golf score about one more time tonight...Hey Farmio, I just don't care that Singleton didn't play from the championship tees. He played from the men's tees, that's certainly good enough. Besides, I know it may come as a surprise to you guys, but most listeners don't give a damn about your golf scores.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Yeah, well, if they had discussed Singleton's golf score about one more time tonight...Hey Farmio, I just don't care that Singleton didn't play from the championship tees. He played from the men's tees, that's certainly good enough. Besides, I know it may come as a surprise to you guys, but most listeners don't give a damn about your golf scores.

Yeah, I had the game on while I was at work. They brought that up every damn inning I think.

That was not funny.

"Custer Comment" was, even though I still thing F&C are terrible

SouthSide_HitMen
05-06-2006, 06:02 AM
"Custer Comment" was, even though I still thing F&C are terrible

More venom from Sox fans.

TomBradley72
05-06-2006, 12:40 PM

I was listening to all this b.s. driving home from work. I don't find some of the stories, anecdotes, etc...but save them for a dull part of the game or for when the opposition is batting. While Farmer/Singleton are droning on about golf, or the kangaroo court or something...Paulie is up with the lead run on 3rd base....you can hear the crowd getting into it in the background...what's the dynamic duo talking about? Some meaningless anecdote from the late 90's.

Ugh. :angry:

ChiSox14305635
05-06-2006, 12:57 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39334

One of the greatest threads ever. :D:

TheDarkGundam
05-06-2006, 12:58 PM
I rarely listen to Sox games on the radio, but the other day while driving home from school I heard Singleton talking to Farmer about how he was mad Farmer didn't sit with him at breakfast. I believe the story was Singleton said he'd buy Farmer breakfast, so Farmer called a bunch of his friends and sat with them instead of Singleton. Singleton was mad because he was paying. I thought that was pretty funny.