PDA

View Full Version : Trophy location at the Cell?

joe47
05-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know where the trophy is located at the Cell? They showed a short clip of WS trophy next to the pennant trophy. It looks like an amazing display they set up!

HotelWhiteSox
05-05-2006, 11:23 PM
In a glass case at the gift shop (behind home plate)

QCIASOXFAN
05-05-2006, 11:31 PM
I can't wait to stand in front on it and get a picture!

Soxfanspcu11
05-05-2006, 11:48 PM
I really hope that during the Flub's series May 19th-21st that they place some extra security by it.

We all know how incredibly jealous Flubs fans are and I could certainly see one of those piece of **** fans trying to do something to the trophy.

I can just see the Cubune headlines now;

TRUE BLUE CUBBIES FAN PROVES BEST FANBASE EVER!
-An alert and diehard Cub fan, realizing that the Sox World Series Championship was a fluke, took matters into his own hands and attempted to destroy World Series Trophy.
MORRISSEY: "This behavior is nothing short of brilliant. If anyone still believes that the Cubs fans are not the best fans of all time, now they have their proof!"

MUsoxfan
05-06-2006, 12:21 AM
In a glass case at the gift shop (behind home plate)

That's the "fake" trophy. The real one is near the team offices

dllrbll7
05-06-2006, 12:28 AM

Is there a replica going around? I realized there probably was when the sox had it on display for the season ticket holder party and it was supposed to be at a tour stop the same day. Actually was just having this conversation tonight.

MUsoxfan
05-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Is there a replica going around? I realized there probably was when the sox had it on display for the season ticket holder party and it was supposed to be at a tour stop the same day. Actually was just having this conversation tonight.

Gene (ewokpelts) I think knows about this alot more than I do, but I believe there are only 2 trophies. The real one and one they had made by Tiffany. I can't say which trophy was where at what time. I just hope the real one was really at Soxfest

ewokpelts
05-06-2006, 06:06 AM
Gene (ewokpelts) I think knows about this alot more than I do, but I believe there are only 2 trophies. The real one and one they had made by Tiffany. I can't say which trophy was where at what time. I just hope the real one was really at SoxfestI think MLB had 2 made.
There's one in the main office, and the other one goes on tour and moves around the park.
Gene

Blob
05-06-2006, 10:17 AM
They also have 3 empty bottles of champagne from the celebrations in the display.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-06-2006, 12:46 PM

Actually the real one is with Hanger18. Like the Stanley Cup, the real 2005 World Series trophy must be guarded at all times. Several replicas exist including the one in front of the Upper Deck gift shop near home plate.

joe47
05-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of the trophy at its US Cell location?

nug0hs
05-07-2006, 04:19 PM
I went to the games Wed/Thurs and the trophy was in a glass case next to the upper deck gift shop kinda behind the plate. Along with the trophy was a background of the skyline with "Sox" lights in the bulidings, etc. as well as the AL champions trophy and two bottles of champagne. I have a picture on my cell phone, if you really want i can send you it.

NowBatting19
05-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I saw the same thing in the upper deck during the last Minnesota series. At the time I figured it was the real thing, but now I'm not even sure.