PDA

View Full Version : No World Series Patch on away uniforms??

Soxfanspcu11
05-05-2006, 08:36 PM
I noticed that the Sox do not have the "World Series Champions" patch on their away uniforms. Does anyone know why this is? It seems to me that if they were going to have it on any of their uniforms, they would want it on their away uniforms to show the home team and the home teams fans that they are indeed the champs.

Just wearing them at home doesn't make sense to me considering the fact that when they are at home, they have PLENTY of reminders that they are the Champs. And seeing as how we are not Flubs fans, I would say that 99% of the fans in the stands also know that the Sox are the Champs.

And one more observation about this, I have also noticed that the patch is missing from their black alternate jerseys. Obviously, they wear the alternate on the road and at home. So when they are at home, are they the same black jerseys as those on the road?? Just wondering because if they are, when they wear the blacks at home, they don't/won't have a patch, correct??

WSI has the best fans in the world so I am assuming that someone will have a good explanation about this. But right now, this issue has me feeling like this, :?: .

greasywheels121
05-06-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm personally happy that it's only on our home uniform.

I want Mags back
05-06-2006, 12:22 AM
I know the whites dont have the alternate logo, the blacks and greys do.
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/al/chisox/WhiteSoxalt.gif
The whites used to have the Comiskey Park logo
http://img.shopping.com/images1/di/63/4d/6b/33/53/4336357264596d79394556713642585151-100x100.jpg
this was dropped for obvious reasons

so w/o the WSC logo,the whites wouldnt have a patch at all, so that could be why its only on those, or something like that.

QCIASOXFAN
05-06-2006, 12:36 AM
I would not care if we wore it at all.

Soxfanspcu11
05-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I would not care if we wore it at all.

Thanks for your wonderful insights but this still doesn't really answer my question.

As FarWest once said to me, "what is with you Neanderthals opening threads that you have no interest in and posting something negative".

It was a good piece of advice and I think it applies to you here.

EDIT- Thank you IWANTMAGSBACK for understanding that I was simply asking something and for providing some useful info! CHEERS to you!

QCIASOXFAN
05-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Thanks for your wonderful insights but this still doesn't really answer my question.

As FarWest once said to me, "what is with you Neanderthals opening threads that you have no interest in and posting something negative".

EDIT- Thank you IWANTMAGSBACK for understanding that I was simply asking something and for providing some useful info! CHEERS to you! OK, I still don't think that it is a big deal for them to wear them on are jerseys. It's like Konerko wearing the "C" on his jersey, he doesn't want to do it. He doesn't have to because everbody already knows hes the captain and also knows we are the champs. Sorry for being an idiot, that is just my opinion.

Soxfanspcu11
05-06-2006, 12:59 AM
OK, I still don't think that it is a big deal for them to wear them on are jerseys. It's like Konerko wearing the "C" on his jersey, he doesn't want to do it. He doesn't have to because everbody already knows hes the captain and also knows we are the champs. Sorry for being an idiot, that is just my opinion.

I didn't say you were an idiot, I just think it's rude to open threads and then chime in your 2 cents with something you don't agree in.

I have done it before so it's no big deal. But like I said, FarWest made a good point to me about that and I haven't done it since.

I am just spreading the word.

QCIASOXFAN
05-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Thats cool man, sorry to be a jerk about it lol. I understand what you mean.

I want Mags back
05-06-2006, 01:33 PM

EDIT- Thank you IWANTMAGSBACK for understanding that I was simply asking something and for providing some useful info! CHEERS to you!

thank you, then. I wish i knew more so i could help more. Hey why dont we email brooks and ask him?

Max Power
05-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Traditionally the WS champ doesn't even wear a patch the following year to commemorate the championship. I think I read that the Marlins did in 2004, but other than that it rarely happens.
I like it on the home jersey, but I wouldn't want it on the road or alternate. The patch is white and would look bad on those jerseys (as bad as a WS champs patch could look).