PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi-san...

Berkules
05-05-2006, 02:41 PM
I don't know how many times I've heard about Ozzie "taking ABs away from Tad" last year and what not - how it could've cost him Rookie of the Year votes...

Tad's numbers are pretty incredible so far - .321 with 34 hits 13 RBI and 22 runs in 25 games.

1. I don't think we're playing Ozzieball as much as we were last year because 3-4-5 (Thome being a huge part) are clicking so well.
2. Do you think these numbers can/will continue?
3. I think they will, but does anyone foresee a situation down the stretch where we will need to rely on Ozzieball again and Iguchi will end up .280 with a bunch of Sacs or something?

Just curious- I think he's a huge addition and I just love how he plays.

miker
05-05-2006, 02:45 PM
He's awesome and definitely doesn't get the Chicago media or national baseball attention he deserves.

Sox fans on the other hand know a good second baseman when they see him!

palehozenychicty
05-05-2006, 02:47 PM
He's awesome and definitely doesn't get the Chicago media or national baseball attention he deserves.

Sox fans on the other hand know a good second baseman when they see him!

Gooch has quietly looked good from the start, and that incredible play against the Black Jays is not forgotten by me.

HomeFish
05-05-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't have the numbers so I might be wrong, but from watching the team it seems that Iguchi has turned into a doubles machine offensively. That's nice to have; instead of Podsednik singling and being bunted or sac flied over to second, you have Podsednik getting out and Iguchi doubling.

That said, I don't think he can hit .320 or higher over the course of an entire season. He'll come down closer to the numbers he put up last year.

Berkules
05-05-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't have the numbers so I might be wrong, but from watching the team it seems that Iguchi has turned into a doubles machine offensively. That's nice to have; instead of Podsednik singling and being bunted or sac flied over to second, you have Podsednik getting out and Iguchi doubling.

5 doubles im pretty sure.

ilsox7
05-05-2006, 04:38 PM

That said, I don't think he can hit .320 or higher over the course of an entire season. He'll come down closer to the numbers he put up last year.
If you took of your blinders (I know that would never happen) you'd realize that Pods is actually hitting .339 (19/56) since April 15. But that would have involved paying attention to something good over the last 3 weeks, which is beyond you, I know.

HebrewHammer
05-05-2006, 04:47 PM

:darkcloud:

This reply is nothing without a graph.

Berkules
05-05-2006, 05:10 PM
...which is beyond you, I know.

Oh my....

(Pods definitely found his stroke tho)

Can we attribute all the caught stealing to his bad ass reputation as a bad ass white boy with wheels

ondafarm
05-05-2006, 05:45 PM
I've heard from several sources Iguchi say that one of his goals is to improve his average over .300. I think he is good enough to do it and probably will. Ozzie is well aware of this and seems to be supporting this effort.

I doubt if Ozzie had never asked him to sacrifice if ROY 2005 was coming Iguchi's way. A lot of sportswriting idiots are in love with closers and figure that the guy from Oakland belongs in the HOF already, let alone deserved the ROY.

Vestigio
05-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I think that since Podsednik hasnt been onbase as much compared to last season, Iguchi has more pitches to work with. Plus add that he's got Thome behind him...