PDA

View Full Version : For What it's worth...


czalgosz
01-29-2002, 12:03 PM
ESPN's Hot Stove Heater...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove2002/whitesox.html

OfficerKarkovice
01-29-2002, 12:14 PM
Well here it is, not the most in depth informative peice of writing I have ever read but what are we to expect I guess.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove2002/whitesox.html

OfficerKarkovice
01-29-2002, 12:15 PM
whoops sorry about repeating that thread czalgosz, i didnt see yours there

cheeses_h_rice
01-29-2002, 12:19 PM
2. Are the Sox' young arms ready? While Williams cashed in a couple (Kip Wells, Josh Fogg) for Todd Ritchie, the rotation will need at least two of Jon Garland, Rocky Biddle and Danny Wright to be league-average or better, especially if Jim Parque's comeback is delayed.

I hadn't heard that Parque might not be ready come April 1. What's the story here?

Soxboyrob
01-29-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice


I hadn't heard that Parque might not be ready come April 1. What's the story here?

As a general rule....always assume that a guy that is returning for the first time from shoulder surgery will not be ready at the start of the next season. If you use that formula, you'll probably be right about 75% of the time. It probably also has to do w/ the fact that Parque's shoulder was pretty torn up from the reports I read, thus the extra time to recover. I do recall seeing that Wunsch' damage was not all that severe once the doc got inside of there.

nut_stock
01-29-2002, 03:05 PM
The article mentioned that Buehrle was out of his league last year.
I've been told that Mark didn't have the best stuff but was an intelligent pitcher (he knew what to throw when). So, Im gonna disagree. Although I suppose it's not unreasonable to see a little decline from him after such a spectacular season. What do you guys think?

Kilroy
01-29-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
...I suppose it's not unreasonable to see a little decline from him after such a spectacular season. What do you guys think?

It's also reasonable that since Beurlhe is so young, that he hasn't reached his full potential yet. He could just as easily win 20 this year and nab a Cy Young. It's all speculation...

AsInWreck
01-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
The article mentioned that Buehrle was out of his league last year.
I've been told that Mark didn't have the best stuff but was an intelligent pitcher (he knew what to throw when). So, Im gonna disagree. Although I suppose it's not unreasonable to see a little decline from him after such a spectacular season. What do you guys think?

You probably could have said the same thing about maddux 10 years ago