PDA

View Full Version : May 7 - Kids day

jenn2080
05-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Who all is going for kids day on Sunday? I am taking my little bro again we are sitting in 158.

DumpJerry
05-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Surprisingly enough, I'll be there.

Sad
05-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I'll be there... not because it's Kid's Day, just... because :redneck

bafiarocks03
05-05-2006, 05:43 PM
I'll be there! Right Field! Scotties Hotties! WOO!

thomas35forever
05-05-2006, 07:40 PM
I'll be there. I didn't even know it was Kids Day. Anyway, I'll be in Section 522. My first game of the year!:D:

StillMissOzzie
05-06-2006, 12:50 AM
My son and I will be there in Section 102. Like Sad, it's not because it's Kid's Day, it's just one of the games I happened to pick for my Ozzie plan.

SMO
:gulp:

itsnotrequired
05-06-2006, 02:58 AM
The itsnotrequired family will be in attendance.

South Side
05-06-2006, 03:24 AM
I'll be there! Right Field! Scotties Hotties! WOO!

Scottie's Hotties? Wouldn't you be in left field then?

ShoelessJoeS
05-06-2006, 03:32 AM
It'll only be my first game since Opening Night as it's hard to attend games while schools still on, but I'll be there! :D:

One last hoorah before finals start on Monday. :angry:

Soxfanspcu11
05-06-2006, 06:16 AM
I will also be there, but like a few posters in this thread, not because it is kids day, but rather because I have season tickets! lol

I will be representing as usual in my Summer Home section of 163.

See all you guys out there, and I hope the kids have a GREAT TIME on Sunday.

It's things like this that the Sox do that build lifelong fans.

I have ALWAYS been a Sox fan, but up until the age of 9, I liked both Chicago teams (Sox and Flubs). Of course the Sox were my favorite team, but the Flubs were a close second.

The event that COMPLETELY changed EVERYTHING for me was the summer camp thingy that the Sox have. I can't remember the exact name of it now, but it was called like WHITESOX CHILDREN'S CAMP or something. Basically, it was like a 3 or 4 day long training event for kids. It wasn't like a real "camp" or anything where you stay the night and they take care of you, etc.

Instead, it was an event where we met at the baseball field every day at 7am and stayed until around 3pm. We were there all day going over all the fundamentals of baseball. We had hitting, fielding, pitching drills. Timed baserunning, learning to steal, learning to hit, learning to pitch, etc. It was UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME!!!

Even some of the Sox actual personal came out. The bullpen catcher at the time was there, and Doug Mansolinno (the 3rd base coach at the time) showed up. The best part of it was that they showed up in FULL SOX UNIFORMS!!! That gave EVERYONE there the chills!!!

It was an AMAZING experience and the fact that they actually came to my hometown (Schererville) to do it, made it even better!! The field was like 5 minutes from my house!!!

Anyway, the point is, this event was what SINGLE-HANDEDLY cemented my loyalty as a DIE-HARD Sox fan and nothing else. If the Sox continue to do things like this for young kids, they will be claiming LIFE LONG fans just as they did for me!!!! KEEP IT UP GUYS!!!!

bafiarocks03
05-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Scottie's Hotties? Wouldn't you be in left field then?

no..we my friend's season tickets are in Right Field!

and besides...if things work out..

I might be around 124 ish over ther! =]

dllrbll7
05-06-2006, 02:57 PM
I will be there sitting in the scout seats eating and drinking as much as humanly possible!

bafiarocks03
05-06-2006, 10:15 PM
sooo..I've decided that i'm wearing my Harris jersey tomorrow! So you see someone in a Willie jersey! it's me! Trust me =]
I think I'll be going to Scotty Po's line!

umm..I didn't get a chance to make a new sign..gay
soo yea

I"M SO EXCITED!:bandance:

itsnotrequired
05-06-2006, 11:45 PM
umm..I didn't get a chance to make a new sign..gay

:o:

Say it ain't so, bafia!

:whiner: