PDA

View Full Version : K-orey 'runs the bases'

nedlug
05-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Did anyone else see Patterson's baserunning idiocy tonight? Let me give you the situation:

Less than 2 outs, Patterson on 1st... flyout to left, Wilkerson from Texas crashes into the wall as he catches it. Wilkerson then proceeds to lie on the ground, shaking off the cobwebs... with the ball in his glove.

Wilkerson sits in a daze, and Patterson, on first and halfway between 1st and 2nd at the catch, inexplicably looks around in a daze, both looking at first, then running a bit to second, then jogging back... back and forth for 19 seconds!

He could have simply tagged first to make sure and advanced a couple bases, but instead, was tagged out near second... I mean, you're a major league baseball player! And also, the question must be asked: where is your first base coach???

Sox83Kid
05-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Yipes! And this guy was touted by the Flubs as the 'Next Big Thing?' :o:

buehrle4cy05
05-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Where were the first and third base coaches on that one?:?:

patbooyah
05-05-2006, 09:54 AM
corey has actually done well in the 23 games he's played in this year. he is hitting .295 with 3 homers, 11 rbi, 14 runs and 7 sb. granted he still has a lot of Ks (10), but isn't it more fun to hope he does well now that he isn't a cub? :cool:

ondafarm
05-05-2006, 09:58 AM
I was watching. Once he passed the hitter going back, if the guy wasn't out, he is now. You ought to just go back and tag up.

Not the best play I've ever seen, but it didn't look like the coaches were helping either.

Vernam
05-05-2006, 10:15 AM
corey has actually done well in the 23 games he's played in this year. he is hitting .295 with 3 homers, 11 rbi, 14 runs and 7 sb. granted he still has a lot of Ks (10), but isn't it more fun to hope he does well now that he isn't a cub? :cool: I think this is called a win-win situation. :wink:

Vernam

ILuvThatDuck
05-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Just saw the replay of that on Sportscenter. Paterson looked very confused. loved the running clock on the play, quite funny, 19.3 seconds.

ewokpelts
05-05-2006, 10:17 AM
when you whiff that much, you forget how to run bases

palehozenychicty
05-05-2006, 11:00 AM
when you whiff that much, you forget how to run bases

:rolling: True indeed. K-orey will be K-orey.

SOXPHILE
05-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Geeeeeez what an idiot. You'd expect something like that in a 7 year old tee-ball game, but in the big leagues ??? The Cubs told everyone he was a "5 Tool Player", right ?:rolleyes: What did they get from the Orioles in that trade anyway, a crabcake and a soda ?

ChiSoxGirl
05-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Geeeeeez what an idiot. You'd expect something like that in a 7 year old tee-ball game, but in the big leagues ??? The Cubs told everyone he was a "5 Tool Player", right ?:rolleyes: What did they get from the Orioles in that trade anyway, a crabcake and a soda ?

Well... they got the tool part right! :tongue: