PDA

View Full Version : Friday Sportscenter

DumpJerry
05-04-2006, 10:19 PM
AWESOME Sox report!:D:

HotelWhiteSox
05-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Caught the end of it when they are giving Contreras some love, that was cool.

Now Brantley is analyzing him :rolleyes:, looked like he cringed through it, but did call them the defending World Series champs

DumpJerry
05-04-2006, 10:26 PM
They started with a "Mission Impossible" theme directing Ichiro to make it happen against the Sox and went into the pitching, defense and hitting of the Sox today to show why the mission failed and then the "tape" self-destructed in 5 seconds as they showed they end of game fireworks. Then they went into a total love-fest for Contreras where they all but said he WILL get the Cy Young this year because all other pitchers who had 13 in a row got it........

I expect that after they drink some coffee and realize it is the WHITE Sox and not that other sox team they were loving, heads will roll and the report will vanish......

CLR01
05-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Friday sportscenter?

DumpJerry
05-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Friday sportscenter?
oooops My bad.:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

patbooyah
05-04-2006, 10:53 PM
good for espn. of course, they also devoted an hour of broadcast time to a dude jumping over a fountain on a bike.

ws05champs
05-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Then they went into a total love-fest for Contreras

Interesting how the focus has changed now that Maddux has a loss.

DumpJerry
05-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Interesting how the focus has changed now that Maddox has a loss.
Let's not forget who Contreras played for before coming to the Good Guys.

patbooyah
05-04-2006, 11:05 PM
good for espn. of course, they also devoted an hour of broadcast time to a dude jumping over a fountain on a bike.

i'll take this opportunity to quote myself. instead of making crede's awesome catch the play of the day, they made that stupid bike jump the play of the day. Give me a ****ing break. Jumping a bike against nobody is not a sport.

RadioheadRocks
05-04-2006, 11:18 PM
i'll take this opportunity to quote myself. instead of making crede's awesome catch the play of the day, they made that stupid bike jump the play of the day. Give me a ****ing break. Jumping a bike against nobody is not a sport.

Well they apparently have cut back on featuring items such as the "water-skiing squirrel" and the "lumberjack pancake eating contest" in the Top 10 plays, so at least it's a small step in the right direction.

DumpJerry
05-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Crede's catch was number one on BBTN.

Hawk's call of Crede's Hacky Sack catch was The Call of the Day on Sportscenter.

I don't what the big deal was about the motorcycle guy, I see that move all the time on the Outer Drive.

Erik The Red
05-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Interesting how the focus has changed now that Maddox has a loss.
Maddox? He's not even starting, Big Ben took his job at the beginning of the 2004 season. Where've you been?

Fabs
05-05-2006, 02:41 AM
What! Fountain jumping at Caesar's palace??? I just got into Vegas, so I missed it... But ESPN is still showing it!!! And Sportscenter doesn't come on for another 1.5 hours, as I really want to see the hacky sack play, cuz I only heard it on the radio.
Maybe I'll stroll by Caesar's tomorrow and see what's left... Oh, if I see SC now, DumpJerry is right, it is Friday Sportcenter by the time I see it. :smile:

IlliniSox4Life
05-05-2006, 02:44 AM
What! Fountain jumping at Caesar's palace??? I just got into Vegas, so I missed it... But ESPN is still showing it!!! And Sportscenter doesn't come on for another 1.5 hours, as I really want to see the hacky sack play, cuz I only heard it on the radio.
Maybe I'll stroll by Caesar's tomorrow and see what's left... Oh, if I see SC now, DumpJerry is right, it is Friday Sportcenter by the time I see it. :smile:

You can see the hacky sack play on the front page of the Sox's site.

voodoochile
05-05-2006, 07:29 AM
You can see the hacky sack play on the front page of the Sox's site.

Thanks... gret video. I had to work yesterday, so didn't get to watch the game. Amazing focus, you don't see that kind of stuff in baseball very often at all because of the speed at which the ball is traveling. Players rarely have time to tap it even once, let alone 3 times. That's going to be replayed for a LONG time. Nice job by the ump to stay with it, too.

soxfanatlanta
05-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Jumping a bike against nobody is not a sport.

Actually, it is. One definition of sport is (from dictionary.com):

An active pastime; recreation.

That's why so many things can be defined as a sport. Is it a good sport? Not so much, IMO; I would lump it into the same category as solo synchronized swimming: challenging, but completely pointless.