PDA

View Full Version : Charitable Sox fans

SouthSideHitman
05-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I just wanted to share a little story about today's game. I go to school in Beloit, WI and we had today off to "study for finals", so naturally I decided to take my lady to her first White Sox game. Us being poor college students at the end of a semester, we barely scrounged up enough to be able to come to the game. But then what happens as we're walking up to the ticket window to by the cheapest seats in the house? A couple of charitable Sox fans from Oak Lawn come up to us and say that they have two extras in the lower bowl just beyond 3rd base which, they gave us FOR FREE. We sat next to them and the gf had a great time at her first Sox game (I promised her fireworks and Jim Thome immediattly delivered for me) and the best part is we didn't even need to ride back to school on empty because we had $30 extra.

This isn't the first time I've had Sox fans give me tickets for very little or nothing, once I even saw a guy who couldn't make the game but came to the park just to give away his tickets. I just wanted to say thanks to all the Sox fans for being so generous and friendly, this is something that helps the team, helps fellow fans and gives us yet another reason why the Comiskey Park experience is one of the best in the game - Sox fans.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-04-2006, 10:41 PM
I just wanted to share a little story about today's game. I go to school in Beloit, WI and we had today off to "study for finals", so naturally I decided to take my lady to her first White Sox game. Us being poor college students at the end of a semester, we barely scrounged up enough to be able to come to the game. But then what happens as we're walking up to the ticket window to by the cheapest seats in the house? A couple of charitable Sox fans from Oak Lawn come up to us and say that they have two extras in the lower bowl just beyond 3rd base which, they gave us FOR FREE. We sat next to them and the gf had a great time at her first Sox game (I promised her fireworks and Jim Thome immediattly delivered for me) and the best part is we didn't even need to ride back to school on empty because we had $30 extra.

This isn't the first time I've had Sox fans give me tickets for very little or nothing, once I even saw a guy who couldn't make the game but came to the park just to give away his tickets. I just wanted to say thanks to all the Sox fans for being so generous and friendly, this is something that helps the team, helps fellow fans and gives us yet another reason why the Comiskey Park experience is one of the best in the game - Sox fans.

We need a miracle

http://www.germanheads.de/Heads96.jpg

Sugar magnolia, blossoms blooming,
heads all empty and I don't care,
Saw my baby down by the river,
knew she'd have to come up soon for air.

Bobbo35
05-05-2006, 07:52 AM
We need a miracle

http://www.germanheads.de/Heads96.jpg

Sugar magnolia, blossoms blooming,
heads all empty and I don't care,
Saw my baby down by the river,
knew she'd have to come up soon for air.

Little Greatful Dead.

SouthSide_HitMen
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Little Greatful Dead.

Deadheads used to walk around before the concert asking "For a miracle" i.e. a ticket for the concert. My brother had an extra to their last show ever (at Soldier Field) and was able to provide one. Reminded me of the White Sox fan's story.

miker
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
From the Cubune:

Can't Give Them Away
Despite allegedly winning a championship, season ticket holders desperately seek out homeless college students to avoid having to watch struggling team in lousy ballpark in dangerous neighborhood.

sox420fan
05-05-2006, 04:11 PM
:roflmao: From the Cubune:

Can't Give Them Away
Despite allegedly winning a championship, season ticket holders desperately seek out homeless college students to avoid having to watch struggling team in lousy ballpark in dangerous neighborhood.