PDA

View Full Version : KW on the SCORE

irish rover
01-29-2002, 08:31 AM
I was listening and writing at the same time this is just a sumation

Frank Thomas quote via KW

"I'll hit 40 hr's, 110 rbi's. BOOK IT"

KW on the score -12 guys at bulls/sox academy working out, excitement in the air

-kelly, Barc, Osuna, Butta, Howry, Rauch all throwing off the mound and throwing good. Osuna
wont be at sox fest because his father had a stroke

-opening day- Jose 3b, royce ss, Joe C is going to get about 200 at bats in the majors, though he
wished he played winter ball but he may stay in the minors, want to ease him in.Basicly he wants
Joe C and Joe B to be "ready" when they are called upon in the majors. Talked with royce, said
he grewup, had alot of respect for him the way he came back the second half, happy with who he
has but never say never,(between the lines he is saying if attendance up they may still be a player
in the summer) He doesn't want to see Borch in majors, wants him to have more time in minors

Soxboyrob
01-29-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by irish rover
I was listening and writing at the same time this is just a sumation

Frank Thomas quote via KW

Actually, I'd be a lot happier w/ 25-30 Hr's, 135 RBI, 125 BB's and 110 runs scored. He can hit .250 if he can do all of that other stuff.

Kilroy
01-29-2002, 08:43 AM
I was listening too, and KW also said that they had a pretty good feeling about taking the division even before Cleveland "down-sized". Also, he said the positive side of the injuries from last year is getting all the players back this year is like getting 7-8 new players in that you didn't have them last year and now they'll be available.

He would not name a starting outfield when asked by a caller, and sounded as if there was still something brewing there.

Soxboyrob
01-29-2002, 08:45 AM
On a positive note, he said that Howry wasn't full strength last season and that he's been throwing this winter and is throwing much better. The thing I've noticed is Howry starts out every season seemingly throwing very well and loses velocity during the year to the point where he becomes extremely hittable. That trend cannot continue.

irish rover
01-29-2002, 09:30 AM
a big thing that people out side of sox fans are not talking about is that this team came back from 14-29 to almost win the divison with that many guys on the DL and thier best player out. That is a hell of a feat and may give substance that the sox didn't need to make alot of moves in the off season

duke of dorwood
01-29-2002, 11:45 AM
:bashbro

But that improvement was because of me

Procol Harum
01-29-2002, 12:01 PM
Gee, all this potential from minor leaguers and guys coming back from injuries to help us overtake the regressing Tribe. And now we've ditched Singleton for yet another prospect who's not going to be ready while we hope and pray that Simmons and Rowand can do the job in CF. We can believe it all when it happens, y'all. Ya notice the one thing the Genius never breathed as a real, attainable goal or possibility in all this--a world championship in Chicago come the end of the season. I don't think I'm ready for another year of this doo-doo.

hold2dibber
01-29-2002, 12:27 PM
Well, I don't know boo about Wee Willie Harris (its caught on already!), but I do know that Singleton was not the answer in CF. He has no power, rarely comes through in the clutch, and always struck me as lethargic at the plate. I am hopeful that KW has another deal on the horizon to bring in a new CF, but if they end up with a Rowand/Simmons tag team, I think they would get better offensive production at CF with similar defense (Roward being not as good as Singleton defensively, but Simmons being better) than they got out of Singleton last year.

Iwritecode
01-29-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
He would not name a starting outfield when asked by a caller, and sounded as if there was still something brewing there.

Good call!!!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

BlackSox
01-29-2002, 02:24 PM

If Frank hits 40 homers, he'll get 130-140 RBIs.

RichH55
01-29-2002, 06:21 PM
:slowswing
Charter Member of the Rey Sanchez Hollow .300 Hitters!

kermittheefrog
01-29-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Gee, all this potential from minor leaguers and guys coming back from injuries to help us overtake the regressing Tribe. And now we've ditched Singleton for yet another prospect who's not going to be ready while we hope and pray that Simmons and Rowand can do the job in CF. We can believe it all when it happens, y'all. Ya notice the one thing the Genius never breathed as a real, attainable goal or possibility in all this--a world championship in Chicago come the end of the season. I don't think I'm ready for another year of this doo-doo.

Damn you're right. Oh wait, we traded Singleton, not Thomas. Nevermind, you're wrong.

kermittheefrog
01-29-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Oh lord someone save us from Kenny sticking another nail in the Sox coffin.

czalgosz
01-29-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Oh lord someone save us from Kenny sticking another nail in the Sox coffin.

Hopefully Kenny was referring to this trade. If he doesn't screw up and overpay for Darin Erstad, we're okay.

kermittheefrog
01-29-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Hopefully Kenny was referring to this trade. If he doesn't screw up and overpay for Darin Erstad, we're okay.

Oh so this talk was before the deal?

Chisox_cali
01-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by irish rover

-kelly, Barc, Osuna, Butta, Howry, Rauch all throwing off the mound and throwing good. Osuna
wont be at sox fest because his father had a stroke

Good to hear Rauch is throwing from the mound

czalgosz
01-29-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Oh so this talk was before the deal?

I believe so.

DVG
01-29-2002, 11:04 PM
:moron

It doesn't surprise me at all that Antichrist Thomas made a bragging remark like that!!!! "40 home runs"? "Book It"? Who does that skirt think he is, Jack Lord???? The very nerve of him, actually making a prediction! My sports journalist sensibilities are offended!!!!

I'm not surprised you smut Sox fans are actually enthralled
with the possibility of skirt hitting 40 HR's. In an era when my
Sammy hits 40 in one month, 40 in a year is mediocre, as is your
Skirt!!!! I've been trying very hard since 1998 to run that no-good
hideously evil Skirt out of town!!!! One day, I will succeed!!! He
and Reinsdorf are my sworn blood archenemies!!!!

delben91
01-30-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by DVG
Jay Screamalotti loose again!!!! It doesn't surprise me at all
that Antichrist Thomas made a bragging remark like that!!!!
"40 home runs"? "Book It"? Who does that skirt think he is,
Jack Lord???? The very nerve of him, actually making a prediction!
My sports journalist sensibilities are offended!!!!

I'm not surprised you smut Sox fans are actually enthralled
with the possibility of skirt hitting 40 HR's. In an era when my
Sammy hits 40 in one month, 40 in a year is mediocre, as is your
Skirt!!!! I've been trying very hard since 1998 to run that no-good
hideously evil Skirt out of town!!!! One day, I will succeed!!! He
and Reinsdorf are my sworn blood archenemies!!!! I....I....

Oh, won't someone please pay attention to me?? Please?
Please?

Ah, yes, there's never an off-season for mariotti basing :)

DVG
01-30-2002, 12:49 AM
Of course there's no off-season on Mariotti-bashing. He doesn't
have an off-season for White Sox-bashing.