PDA

View Full Version : Should we be afraid?

Kilroy
01-29-2002, 08:32 AM
HAROLD BAINES TO ATTEND SOXFEST 2002
CHICAGO White Sox fan favorite Harold Baines, currently an unsigned free agent, will join his former teammates at SoxFest 2002, the 10th annual White Sox convention, which is scheduled for this weekend, February 1-3, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago.
Baines will join current White Sox players in signing autographs and by taking part in fan interactive seminars during the weekend.

Don't get any crazy ideas, Kenny!!! Otherwise, I'll have some friends of mine pay you a visit.

:sopranos
"We know just how to handle dis guy!"

Soxboyrob
01-29-2002, 09:39 AM
I'll be curious to see if Harold receives any boos. There is a contingent of fans that harbor some bitterness toward his refusal to hang it up last year. I wouldn't boo the guy, but I'm sure I booed him in person at Comiskey last year when he was clearly hurting the team.

CLR01
01-29-2002, 10:36 AM
"There is not a better time or place to announce his new contract then at soxfest."

:KW

voodoochile
01-29-2002, 11:53 AM
Boo Haaarold? Many you people would probably boo MJ... After all he is hurting the Bulls this year...

RichH55
01-29-2002, 06:57 PM
I really hope the man isn't booed......If you were a Mets fan(or even Giants fan) would you have booed Mays near the end when he was a shell of his former self? I hope Harold retires, but I can't bring myself to boo him one way or the other....have to save my voice for Royce anyway:)

hold2dibber
01-29-2002, 07:14 PM
Why would you boo Clayton? I, like many others, obviously, was extremely disappointed in his performance last year, but I never got the impression that he was dogging it -- in fact, I thought he handled all the negativity and booing pretty well. And he did play well in the 2nd half. If a guy tries but doesn't produce, why boo him? What does that accomplish? I could see booing the GM for not providing a player who does produce, but in my opinion, I think booing a White Sox player is appropriate only if the player isn't giving maximum effort.

Daver
01-29-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Why would you boo Clayton? I, like many others, obviously, was extremely disappointed in his performance last year, but I never got the impression that he was dogging it -- in fact, I thought he handled all the negativity and booing pretty well. And he did play well in the 2nd half. If a guy tries but doesn't produce, why boo him? What does that accomplish? I could see booing the GM for not providing a player who does produce, but in my opinion, I think booing a White Sox player is appropriate only if the player isn't giving maximum effort.

Royce and maximum effort are mutually exclusive.

Somebody please pelt him with rocks and garbage for me as I will be unable to attend.

duke of dorwood
01-29-2002, 09:41 PM
I'd boo Jordan before I'd boo Harold. Some guys wont quit. This is one of them. Our guys just didn't have the nerve to tell him. They were too busy jerking Sean Lowe around.