PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Who is the biggest active Sox killer?

Frater Perdurabo
05-04-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm surprised no one started this after the Sweeney/DL thread.

Who is the biggest active Sox killer? Even if you are not a dark cloud, who do you least want the Sox to face, especially in a tight ballgame or when the game is on the line? Thome used to be, but now he's with us, so he doesn't count anymore.

Travis Hafner?

Mike Sweeney?

Johan Santana?

Someone else (Carl Crawford's and Aubrey Huff's stats against the Sox are scary good)?

Unregistered
05-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Raul ****ing Ibanez. I'm starting to really hate this guy...

HebrewHammer
05-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Right now? Sweeney's hurt, we just beat Santana, I'd have to say Raul Ibanez. Every time I see him against us he's spanking a double into the gap.

samram
05-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I went with Sweeney. I'm sick of him. And Hafner. And this little ****er Willie Bloomquist too.

DaleJRFan
05-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Travis Hafner kills every team... :angry: can he even count???

LongLiveFisk
05-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Sweeney...how many times has this guy come up in the late innings and hit a big HR or just get the big hit to put the Royals ahead? :angry:

fquaye149
05-04-2006, 02:21 PM
I think it's most interesting to see the Sox killers who

a.) aren't all that good except when they play the Sox
b.) have killed the Sox for every single team they've played for.
c.) just plain hit the **** out of Sox pitching like they were Albert Pujols even if they're Bobby Kielty

Obviously the first name that comes to mind for these qualifications is Bobby Kielty.

On this poll though I put Hafner b/c it seems like last two seasons he just pounded the holy hell out of us. Like for instance during that bad stretch last September where he homered in what seemed like every game of the series to give the Jndjans the lead.

SoxFan76
05-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Hafner and Santana beat up on everyone they face, not just the Sox. Should they really count?

I'd take Ronnie Belliard version 2004 over Hafner. I think all his home runs came against the White Sox!

MarySwiss
05-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I voted for Hafner, but only because John Olerud is out of baseball. (He is, right?) Seemed like that guy specialized in kicking our ass.

goofymsfan
05-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Raul ****ing Ibanez. I'm starting to really hate this guy...

Actually, he's just a Freddy killer. When Freddy was still an M and Raul was with the Royals, Raul would hit just about everything Freddy threw. Seems like they are no longer teammates, he is again hitting just about everything Freddy throws.

Unregistered
05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Actually, he's just a Freddy killer. When Freddy was still an M and Raul was with the Royals, Raul would hit just about everything Freddy threw. Seems like they are no longer teammates, he is again hitting just about everything Freddy throws.I dunno, Ibanez is always in the mix somehow - regardless of who he's facing. Even today, who was the only Mariners player to cross the plate? You guessed it, Raul ****ing Ibanez. :cool:

Mr. White Sox
05-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I think it's most interesting to see the Sox killers who

a.) aren't all that good except when they play the Sox
b.) have killed the Sox for every single team they've played for.
c.) just plain hit the **** out of Sox pitching like they were Albert Pujols even if they're Bobby Kielty

Obviously the first name that comes to mind for these qualifications is Bobby Kielty.

On this poll though I put Hafner b/c it seems like last two seasons he just pounded the holy hell out of us. Like for instance during that bad stretch last September where he homered in what seemed like every game of the series to give the Jndjans the lead.

Yeah, guys like Bobby Kielty, Eric Byrnes, Willie Bloomquist and Brandon Inge are all "Sox Killers", in that they put up mediocre numbers but seem to always kill the Sox, specifically.

Chips
05-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Hafner kills us, and it seems like Coco Crisp kills us too.

santo=dorf
05-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Hafner has a higher OPS against 15 other teams than the White Sox.

I hate Sweeney.

StillMissOzzie
05-04-2006, 05:33 PM
I'd vote for Joe Randa, except he's in the NL. Talk about guys who put up mediocre numbers against the rest of the opposition, until playing the Sox. Defense, too.

SMO
:(:

Deebs14
05-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I went with Hafner..it seems like he's on the verge of becoming worse than Sweeney, if that's at all possible.

eastchicagosoxfan
05-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Sweeny kills our current starters. Follow the linky:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5521/batvspit;_ylt=Asm.ysMdNtF.eMnKsKCiERqFCLcF?year=ca reer&type=Batting

Ol' No. 2
05-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Bobby Frikkin' Higginson

A lifetime .272 hitter with a .813 OPS. Vs. the Sox the last 3 years he hit .287 with a 1.017 OPS and with 7 HR and 22 RBI in 101 AB. :angry:

He's not on their current roster, but I have no idea where he wound up. Good riddance.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Lew Ford. I hate his stupid face.

drewcifer
05-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Hafner is hitting everyone right now, so I don't feel like a special target. The other two don't scare me so far, so I'll stick with the old tried, tested, and true answer and say: Any pitcher in an A's uniform.

<At least until we see a few games against them>

PKalltheway
05-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Mike Sweeney, hands down. The ball can be practically in the dirt and he'll still find a way to do damage against us.:angry:

WhiteSoxFan84
05-05-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm surprised no one has said Willie Bloomquist yet.

Mr. White Sox
05-05-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm surprised no one has said Willie Bloomquist yet.

See post #12 :wink:

RadioheadRocks
05-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Hafner kills us, and it seems like Coco Crisp kills us too.

Chalk up another vote for Coco Puff.

goofymsfan
05-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Yeah, guys like Bobby Kielty, Eric Byrnes, Willie Bloomquist and Brandon Inge are all "Sox Killers", in that they put up mediocre numbers but seem to always kill the Sox, specifically.

I think one of the reasons the Jarrod Washburn came to the M's was so he didn't have to face Willie anymore. Willie had something like a .500 to .600 average against Jarrod. I think Willies numbers would be better over all if he got the chance to play everyday.

Bobbo35
05-05-2006, 07:28 AM
I would have to say that currently it has to be Hafner because we play against him the most and could do the most damage. Over time it would have to be Sweeney.

samram
05-05-2006, 09:26 AM
See post #12 :wink:

And post #4.

batmanZoSo
05-05-2006, 09:32 AM
I went with Sweeney. I'm sick of him. And Hafner. And this little ****er Willie Bloomquist too.

Yeah. **** Willie Bloomquist. He does nothing against any other team in the league and when he plays us he turns into Ty Cobb.

I say Sweeney. He's been doing it for the whole decade. Santana we only see maybe twice a year, three times at most.

A. Cavatica
05-05-2006, 12:44 PM
I went with Hafner. If Sweeney drives in 3 against the Sox, the Royals still stand a good chance of losing because the rest of the team is so weak. If Santana holds us to a run, the game will probably still be close and we'll have a crack at the Twins bullpen.

Hafner, on the other hand, can ignite an offense that scores runs in bunches. And the race with the Indians figures to be tight (hopefully not as tight as last year).

samram
05-05-2006, 12:54 PM
I went with Hafner. If Sweeney drives in 3 against the Sox, the Royals still stand a good chance of losing because the rest of the team is so weak. If Santana holds us to a run, the game will probably still be close and we'll have a crack at the Twins bullpen.

Hafner, on the other hand, can ignite an offense that scores runs in bunches. And the race with the Indians figures to be tight (hopefully not as tight as last year).

Yeah, but Sweeney tends to hit homers in the 8th and 9th innings of close games because he's a jerk.