PDA

View Full Version : Aaron's Fielding

Sarah
05-04-2006, 12:42 PM
A quick question for anyone who may know...

I was looking at Aaron's fielding stats (.964 fielding percentage), and wondering if anyone knew what the two errors he had committed looked like/were.

And, as a disclaimer, I looked this up in order to argue a point about Brian Anderson. Call me a 'Defender of B.A.' if you will (or, as some would say, B.A. Defender, as it would make me BAD).

-Sarah-

voodoochile
05-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Don't know the answer to the question and honestly I don't care. How good Rowand looks or doesn't look is immaterial to the discussion, IMO because he isn't on the team anymore.

I am mostly responding to your acronym which I like. I guess I am BAD too. Of course, I am also a Friend of Anderson, Brian (FAB) so I got that going for me.

Anyone who thinks Rowand is a better defender than Anderson needs to take of their FOC glasses and open their eyes.

If Anderson can hit at all, he's going to be a long term solution in CF...

ilsox7
05-04-2006, 01:36 PM
If memory serves correct (probably doesn't) Aaron dropped a routine flyball a couple of weeks ago. But as Voodoo said, it really is immaterial.

Vestigio
05-04-2006, 01:55 PM
I think I remember during the early weeks of the season, Rowand lost a flyball in the sun, and was credited with an error

Sarah
05-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the help - even if you all think it is immaterial.:D:

-Sarah-

NonetheLoaiza
05-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the help - even if you all think it is immaterial.:D:

-Sarah-

Hey, you were just curious. I can't blame you.

Baby Fisk
05-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Yikes! Did anyone catch Rowand's horrible play last night in the Phils-Braves game? A soft liner was hit to centerfield and Rowand started roaring in towards it. He kind of fell sideways then flopped forward, but the ball bounced right over him and rolled all the way to the wall. Keep in mind, Rowand fell in shallow center, so he had to sprint all the way back to the wall to get the ball (nice backup, Phils outfielders!). The batter ended up on 3B. It was BRUTAL. I felt bad for Aaron. :(:

Randar68
05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Yikes! Did anyone catch Rowand's horrible play last night in the Phils-Braves game? A soft liner was hit to centerfield and Rowand started roaring in towards it. He kind of fell sideways then flopped forward, but the ball bounced right over him and rolled all the way to the wall. Keep in mind, Rowand fell in shallow center, so he had to sprint all the way back to the wall to get the ball (nice backup, Phils outfielders!). The batter ended up on 3B. It was BRUTAL. I felt bad for Aaron. :(:

Aaron ALWAYS had the most trouble on balls hit right at him and balls in front of him... he typically froze for a second and it cost him 2-3 steps on most balls...

Plus, he played very deep to limit his reads and because he took circuitous routes to balls int he gap, was the only way he could "keep everything in front of him"...

But hey, everyone wanted to see me burned at the stake for the past 3 years for talking about these problems... now it's ok becuase we finally put down the kool-aid...

ILuvThatDuck
05-05-2006, 12:24 PM
But hey, everyone wanted to see me burned at the stake for the past 3 years for talking about these problems... now it's ok becuase we finally put down the kool-aid...[/quote]

Hit it right on the head with that one.:gulp:

Iwritecode
05-05-2006, 01:16 PM
But hey, everyone wanted to see me burned at the stake for the past 3 years for talking about these problems... now it's ok becuase we finally put down the kool-aid...

I'm sure there are plenty of other posters that can come up with far better reasons to have you burned at the stake. :D:

MarySwiss
05-05-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of other posters that can come up with far better reasons to have you burned at the stake. :D:

"Burning someone at the stake" is so Massachusetts. Leave that to Red Sox fans.
Now covering with honey and staking out on an anthill, OTOH.... :cool:

Randar68
05-05-2006, 01:34 PM
"Burning someone at the stake" is so Massachusetts. Leave that to Red Sox fans.
Now covering with honey and staking out on an anthill, OTOH.... :cool:

You had me intrigued with the "covering with honey" angle but lost me after that...:D:

MarySwiss
05-05-2006, 01:45 PM
You had me intrigued with the "covering with honey" angle but lost me after that...:D:

:rolling: