PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slam?

Fabs
05-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Was Crede's the Sox first Grand Slam of the '06 season?
Where can I find this kind of info easily on the Sox home page?
Thanks all.

skottyj242
05-04-2006, 11:12 AM
It was the first grand slam, the only reason I know that is because it was in the Sun-Times.

Baby Fisk
05-04-2006, 11:13 AM
It was Crede's second career grand slam.

Chicken Dinner
05-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Was Crede's the Sox first Grand Slam of the '06 season?
Where can I find this kind of info easily on the Sox home page?
Thanks all.

Bmac gave one up to Hafner, does that count?

mccoydp
05-04-2006, 11:35 AM
There were only two Grand Slams last year, correct?

A.J. had one in the regular season (vs. Texas ??), and Paulie's smash in the World Series.

oeo
05-04-2006, 11:42 AM

A.J. had one in the regular season (vs. Texas ??), and Paulie's smash in the World Series.

I don't remember that AJ one you're referring to, but JD hit one against the D'Rays on July 4th.

cbotnyse
05-04-2006, 11:44 AM

He did what? I was at the game last night and after going crazy after Crede's slam, I was wondering what it must have been like to be at that WS game...it cant get much better than that...o wait yeah, later that same game wasnt there a walkoff by a guy who never hits HRs???....geez

whitesoxwilkes
05-04-2006, 11:46 AM
It was Crede's second career grand slam.

I was also present for his other one, a walkoff to beat the Black n'Blue Jays in 2002.

soxfan13
05-04-2006, 11:48 AM
He did what? I was at the game last night and after going crazy after Crede's slam, I was wondering what it must have been like to be at that WS game...it cant get much better than that...o wait yeah, later that same game wasnt there a walkoff by a guy who never hits HRs???....geez

Was at the WS with Konerkos grand slam, was the loudest craziest I had ever seen the place until Pods won it:bandance:

Chisox003
05-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Was at the WS with Konerkos grand slam, was the loudest craziest I had ever seen the place until Pods won it:bandance:
Same here, only I was "working"

In the Konerko slam, you can see me at my friend at the top of the screen jumping around like crazy....we're wearing yellow :o:

mccoydp
05-04-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't remember that AJ one you're referring to, but JD hit one against the D'Rays on July 4th.
My memory was a bit foggy, but correct:

"...hit his fourth career grand slam on 5/16 vs. Texas"

I got this from his bio at http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player_career.jsp?player_id=150229

The Sox still lost that game, though, 6 to 7.

BeefyD
05-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Same here, only I was "working"

In the Konerko slam, you can see me at my friend at the top of the screen jumping around like crazy....we're wearing yellow :o:

I was fortunate enough to be at both Game 2 and last night. Game 2 will never be topped. We were standing at the concourse in left field, but the camera moves too fast to catch us on the screen.

Game 2 will forever be the best White Sox experience ever. Maybe due to the drama of the game, maybe because of the 5 hours standing in the rain.

Last night is definately tops in my book for 2006. Ceremonies are great, but the drama is near unbelievable.

IlliniSox4Life
05-04-2006, 12:42 PM

The AJ one was fairly early in the season. Probably sometime in late may/early june. I don't remember the exact date, but I was there, so it had to be after I got out of school, but it was still pretty cold, so not too late into the season. At the start of the inning, I turned to a friend and said "hey, have the Sox hit a slam yet this year?". A hit and two walks or a walk and two hits later, AJ is up, and he knocks it out. I still maintain credit for it.

scottjanssens
05-04-2006, 12:52 PM
The AJ one was fairly early in the season. Probably sometime in late may/early june. I don't remember the exact date, but I was there, so it had to be after I got out of school, but it was still pretty cold, so not too late into the season. At the start of the inning, I turned to a friend and said "hey, have the Sox hit a slam yet this year?". A hit and two walks or a walk and two hits later, AJ is up, and he knocks it out. I still maintain credit for it.

It was cold that night. It was also a Monday because I used to sit in the club level on Mondays for half price. I'd come straight from work and hadn't eaten yet. I missed the slam because I was inside getting a pork sandwich for dinner. Now whenever I see a pulled pork sandwich I think of the grand slam I missed.

Erik The Red
05-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Uribe has hit several homeruns. Maybe you're referring to the game-tying HR by Ozuna?

box013
05-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Uribe has hit several homeruns. Maybe you're referring to the game-tying HR by Ozuna?

I'm pretty sure they were referring to the World Series game 2 when Pods hit the walkoff.

cbotnyse
05-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty sure they were referring to the World Series game 2 when Pods hit the walkoff.

that is correct :gulp:

Fabs
05-04-2006, 04:19 PM

Wow, only two? I guess it makes sense given how low scoring our games were last year. I'm sure we'll have more this year, especially with Thome on board. I'd be interested in knowing our home/away grand slams this century.

rookie
05-04-2006, 05:49 PM

I was there for Dye's. It was my first ever Grand Slam, first ever rain delay, and first ever game with my whole immediate family! (I had gotten my dad tix for us all for Father's Day).