PDA

View Full Version : Wood won't sign autographs with his new team

soxfanreggie
05-04-2006, 10:48 AM
The often-injured Kerry Wood will not sign autographs with his new teammates after the game.

Tickets are on sale at the O'Brien Field Box Office, by telephone at 1-866-698-4253 or on-line at www.peoriachiefs.com . Sunday also is Kids Day with Peoria Chiefs Batting Gloves given to the first 1,5000 kids 14-and-under. Chiefs players will sign autographs for 30 minutes after the game, but Wood will not be part of the autograph session.

SOecks
05-04-2006, 10:53 AM
What a class act, stand up guy who knows who really supports him. Especially since he has lived up to the overwhelming love and praise that Cub fans have given him since 1998. I mean, his numbers speak for themselves. Why would he even need to sign for kids?

Jerko
05-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Maybe he's going to be called as a witness on Prior's case and the defense doesn't want him tainted........ Or he's afraid he'll re-injure himself

SOXPHILE
05-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Why should he ? Remember when he struck out 20 Astros on a cold, rainy, April day back in 1998 ? (8 YEARS AGO) That feat alone exempts him from any and all responsabilities that go wit being a part of a TEAM.

Ass.

Chicken Dinner
05-04-2006, 11:13 AM
I thought I heard that he signed 25 simulated autographs.

Kuzman
05-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Ya in the process of the simulated autographs he signed prior he got a wrist strain.

soxfanreggie
05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I saw this and had to post it. I think it shows he is someone who doesn't care about the fans and only himself. He is not there to be a good teammate, he is not there to be nice to the fans, he is only there to save his sorry butt.

I got news for you Balsa, these fans will remember that you are a jerk. Your days on the Northside (although I would love for them to give you a multi-year many million dollar extension) are numbered.

spiffie
05-04-2006, 12:04 PM
I saw this and had to post it. I think it shows he is someone who doesn't care about the fans and only himself. He is not there to be a good teammate, he is not there to be nice to the fans, he is only there to save his sorry butt.

I got news for you Balsa, these fans will remember that you are a jerk. Your days on the Northside (although I would love for them to give you a multi-year many million dollar extension) are numbered.
I gotta say I hope he comes back and does an awesome job on the mound the rest of this year. So much so that Cubs management has to bow to the fans wishes and give him a 4/48 million deal, at which point he returns to being Balsa.

Sox-on-TV44
05-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I thought I heard that he signed 25 simulated autographs.
And he injured it on the 8th simulated ball.:D:

LongLiveFisk
05-04-2006, 12:36 PM
He should be glad anyone even wants an autograph of his sorry-ass, has-been self.

Dick Allen
05-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Yep, afraid he'll get injured from signing.

C-Dawg
05-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Prior and Woods... Woods and Prior... They sure are a lot alike! Oft injured and really fan-friendly!

thepaulbowski
05-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Shouldn't the starting pitcher, who is doing a rehab stint, be receiving treatment after the game not signing autographs. I guess I don't see the issue with him not signing, it seems to make sense.

daveeym
05-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Shouldn't the starting pitcher, who is doing a rehab stint, be receiving treatment after the game not signing autographs. I guess I don't see the issue with him not signing, it seems to make sense.Shhhh, no common sense allowed. Besides, they're on a roll.

maurice
05-04-2006, 01:53 PM
LMAO. When Podsednik was on a rehab assignment in Charlotte, he signed autographs for 30 minutes, right up until his name was announced and he literally had to run out to LF and play defense. He spent most of that time entertaining a b-day party full of kids in the lawn section.

vegyrex
05-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Saviors don't have to sign autographs

Not even injured ones :smile:

champagne030
05-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Shouldn't the starting pitcher, who is doing a rehab stint, be receiving treatment after the game not signing autographs. I guess I don't see the issue with him not signing, it seems to make sense.

He will have reached his 75 pitch limit by the 3rd inning, so he can ice the arm and take a nap before he would need to sign autographs.

soxjim
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Someone might try to sell an autograph on Ebay. After all wood must be coming close to 300 wins in rehab assignments.

DumpJerry
05-05-2006, 12:02 AM
In all reality, Wood should be asking his fans for their autographs.

CynicSox
05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I wonder if he's involved in any MLB Charity Events? "Cubs Care"? Do all of them?

This is pathetic. This is a guy who'll never win 20 games in a season, cause he can't even start 20 games over a season, sorry, over two seasons, who has if I remember correctly never won more than 15 games in a season, gets paid tons of money to be an "icon" for the Cubs and their marketing ploys, and then he goes and snubs fans because he thinks he's hot ****? Give me a break! In 10 years from now at least no one is going to even remember who Kerry Wood was unless it's in relationship to a fragile, overrated, smug pitcher. The saddest part of all is is that you're still going to see a bunch of jagoffs running around in their Kerry Wood jerseys/t-shirts talking about what a great pitcher he his and then yell with their Old Style breath "Go Cubs!!" in your face.

I say let the ignorant flock together.

doublem23
05-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Any little thing to turn this town off the Cubs is fine by me. Hopefully the play of local native Jim Thome is helping cure Peoria of its Flubsession, as well.

miker
05-05-2006, 02:43 PM
LMAO. When Podsednik was on a rehab assignment in Charlotte, he signed autographs for 30 minutes, right up until his name was announced and he literally had to run out to LF and play defense. He spent most of that time entertaining a b-day party full of kids in the lawn section.
That's because Scott is a real man and a class act...two things you'll never find around Wrigleyville.

palehozenychicty
05-05-2006, 03:20 PM
As if we needed another reason to hail the greatness of Carrie Woods.