PDA

View Full Version : A glutton for punishment

LuvSox
05-03-2006, 11:38 PM
KC Royals fan has enough! Don't miss the last paragraph.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/05/03/bc.bba.royals.allegiance.ap/index.html

PKalltheway
05-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Wow. I don't know how many true Royals fans are left. They all have to be sick of putting up with the crap they put out there on the field year after year. Things were looking up after 2003 when they finished with a winning record, but then....2004 104 losses. 2005....105 losses including a 19 game losing streak.:o:

MrRoboto83
05-03-2006, 11:56 PM
And he wants to be an Indians fan now? :o: The Royals have won a world series since the Indians.:D:

QCIASOXFAN
05-04-2006, 12:04 AM
That is the funnest thing ever, what a sellout! Who does that.

PKalltheway
05-04-2006, 12:16 AM
That is the funnest thing ever, what a sellout! Who does that.
I agree. C'mon KC will pull out of it eventually. The thing that was probably the nail in the coffin though was after 2003, when things looked so promising...then they signed Juan Gonzalez. Then....well......things kinda got worse. This is after they let Johnny Damon, Carlos Beltran, and Jermaine Dye go.

mrfourni
05-04-2006, 05:28 PM
balls signed by Bob Hamelin and Angel Berroa (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/players/6817) went out the door, and a breath of fresh air wafted in.

I'm surprised that with the Bob Hamelin ball, this guy couldn't get more than a few hundred bucks.

MarySwiss
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
KC Royals fan has enough! Don't miss the last paragraph.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/05/03/bc.bba.royals.allegiance.ap/index.html
Well, crap. Let him root for the Toons. We sure as hell don't want him as a Sox fan, do we?

Nellie_Fox
05-04-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm surprised that with the Bob Hamelin ball, this guy couldn't get more than a few hundred bucks. :tealpolice:

Not teal
Teal

DaBears
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
there was a university of Tennessee fan who did thi late last year. Except he got mad publicity and ended up getting more than a grand fro his loyalty to change hands...

SpammySosa
05-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Those of us who are Blackhawk fans know this guy's pain.:redneck Even so,true fans never,EVER,bail on their teams.

TDog
05-04-2006, 07:04 PM
If the Sox lost 100 games in successive seasons and got off to a horrible start (which would not be unexpected under such circumstances), I would remain a Sox fan. This is why I don't mind true Cubs fans, although I'm sure the fringe Cubs fans would remain "loyal" to the team they barely pay attention to. Really, what irritates me is being treated like I'm some sort of outsider or mental case by people who believe Chicago is all about the Cubs.

There was a newspaper story in Akron, Ohio, after the Sox beat the Indians. The writer refereed to the Sox as "the best team in the American League and the second most popular team in Chicago." Today the Indians were beaten by the second most popular team in Los Angeles, as if that matters.

I have more respect for people who go to games with bags over their head than for people who quit on their teams.

Nellie_Fox
05-05-2006, 12:39 AM
There was a newspaper story in Akron, Ohio, after the Sox beat the Indians. The writer refereed to the Sox as "the best team in the American League and the second most popular team in Chicago." And that's why he's a sportswriter in Akron. Any writer who has to resort to that cliché is a hack.