PDA

View Full Version : Joe Crede

getonbckthr
05-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Why did Hawk call Crede "Little Brooksy" is that in regards to Brooks Robinson?

TDog
05-03-2006, 09:24 PM

Probably. Harrelson was a contemporary of the Orioles' perennial gold-glove third baseman. He may have been referring to Crede's singing voice sounding like Brook Benton, but I doubt it.

NardiWasHere
05-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Little Brooks Boyer

sodfatherjunior
05-03-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm pretty sure he's saying Little Brooksy as in Brooks Kieschnick.

cbotnyse
05-04-2006, 12:03 AM
I think Joe deserves his own thread to sing his praises this year so far.....it really seems like every other game he is laid out making a great play...nothing gets by that guy...plus his hitting is clutch and consistent....priceless guy to have on the team!

peeonwrigley
05-04-2006, 01:02 AM
I think Joe deserves his own thread to sing his praises this year so far.....it really seems like every other game he is laid out making a great play...nothing gets by that guy...plus his hitting is clutch and consistent....priceless guy to have on the team!

If he even stays close to how he's playing.... he gunna get PAID.

IlliniSox4Life
05-04-2006, 02:05 AM
If he even stays close to how he's playing.... he gunna get PAID.

That's it. If for no other reason, we have to keep winning the World Series so we can afford to keep Joe around in the future.

MUsoxfan
05-04-2006, 02:18 AM
My buddy has a real distaste for Joe Crede for whatever reason....I'm not sure why. Today he was at the game and his mom called him when the bases were loaded. He claimed that Crede was all but assured of hitting into a triple play and that if he hit a bomb he would buy a Crede jersey first thing in the morning and wear it proudly.

Looks like his pocketbook is taking a hit:D:

peeonwrigley
05-04-2006, 02:43 AM
My buddy has a real distaste for Joe Crede for whatever reason....I'm not sure why. Today he was at the game and his mom called him when the bases were loaded. He claimed that Crede was all but assured of hitting into a triple play and that if he hit a bomb he would buy a Crede jersey first thing in the morning and wear it proudly.

Looks like his pocketbook is taking a hit:D:

You never mentioned being buddies w/ shoota before?

chaotic8512
05-04-2006, 02:56 AM
I know his contract isn't up this year, but why not lock him down now for cheaper now than what he could potentially be worth later? KW has GOT to know we've got one of the best 3B in the league... he's coming into his own offensively and he's a defensive highlight reel.

It may be early in the season, but come on! What's not to like? :D:

peeonwrigley
05-04-2006, 03:04 AM
I know his contract isn't up this year, but why not lock him down now for cheaper now than what he could potentially be worth later? KW has GOT to know we've got one of the best 3B in the league... he's coming into his own offensively and he's a defensive highlight reel.

:borass:

"That's right, better numbers than A-Rod and younger. They play the same position.... I see no reason why my client does not deserve a similar contract."

Fuller_Schettman
05-04-2006, 03:07 AM

I think Foster Brooks.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:SOYyUGi0_CrsKM:mywebpages.comcast.net/matchgame/3x5pictures/FosterBrooks2.jpg

Edward
05-04-2006, 03:28 AM

Yeah, I totally agree with you, but dealing with Scott Boras is about as easy as selling ice to an Eskimo. I'm willing to bet if Crede didn't have him then he would already be locked up or in negotiations at least. Hopefully AJ and PK signing on semi-long term will help convince him to stay here. And now since he is playing incredibly I'm just waiting until Joe hits a cold streak (like every ball player gets into) at some point this season and the dozens of "Get rid of Crede" threads pop up. Hope it doesn't happen, but I bet people would be changing their opinions very quickly.

chaotic8512
05-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I totally agree with you, but dealing with Scott Boras is about as easy as selling ice to an Eskimo. I'm willing to bet if Crede didn't have him then he would already be locked up or in negotiations at least. Hopefully AJ and PK signing on semi-long term will help convince him to stay here. And now since he is playing incredibly I'm just waiting until Joe hits a cold streak (like every ball player gets into) at some point this season and the dozens of "Get rid of Crede" threads pop up. Hope it doesn't happen, but I bet people would be changing their opinions very quickly.

Lord knows we've seen plenty of that with him already with Crede, especially in '04... and we're already seeing it this year with Cliff Politte. The dark clouds will always hang around, I suppose.

Concerning Boras, Crede just needs to learn not to deal with the devil. :redneck

ilsox7
05-04-2006, 04:10 AM
All signs this past off season pointed to the Sox wanting to take a wait and see approach with Joe b/c of his back. Logically, they will sign him to a 2-3 year deal after this season at a reasonable price that gives Joe and his family lifetime security, allows the Sox to keep the payroll within budget, and still lets Joe cash in at the end of the deal if he is producing.

Lillian
05-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Joe has only struck out 5 times in his first 94 at bats! He is off to a great start, and combined with the way he finished last year, he just may finally be
the player the Sox thought he would be. His defense is even better than anyone thought it would be.

The way he has come out of his shell, and found such a comfort level on this team, and the love he gets from the fans now, all may be big intangibles in his decision to stay in Chicago. Maybe he will will dump Boras, and sign a long term deal. I hope so.

jenn2080
05-04-2006, 08:39 AM
I love Rally Crede. :supernana: My brother and I called that Grand Slam. As soon as they intentionally walked AJ I was like that was a bad idea Rally Crede is gonna hit one out. Sure enough!!!!!!! That stadium was going nuts.

SoxSideIrish
05-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Maybe he will will dump Boras, and sign a long term deal. I hope so.Yeah, maybe he'll dump an agent who is very likely to get him million's more than he deserves and try to negotiate a deal himself.

I love Crede, don't get me wrong. I started a thread in his honor earlier in the season and got flamed for being too optimistic. I would love nothing more than for Joe to ditch the Devil and find an agent that KW will actually deal with. I hope things keep going his way, because so far, he deserves a large pay raise.

batmanZoSo
05-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Crede is a stud. We already discussed this. :thumbsup:

itsnotrequired
05-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Joe Crede is a two ton man-mountain who can palm a medicine ball.

cbotnyse
05-04-2006, 09:14 AM
I love Rally Crede. :supernana: My brother and I called that Grand Slam. As soon as they intentionally walked AJ I was like that was a bad idea Rally Crede is gonna hit one out. Sure enough!!!!!!! That stadium was going nuts.

The stadium was going nuts...the best part about that was it happened right after a long annoying delay to get the new pitcher in, then first pitch gone!!!!!

credefan24
05-04-2006, 09:20 AM
How 'bout that Joe Crede?!!

Unbelievable. A great diving grab early in the game and then the slam. I was at the game with my brother, and after they walked AJ, by little bro says "Crede's gonna hit a grand slam, first pitch." Usually, he just goofs around and likes to be optomistic, so I went along. He's such a clutch hitter, great fielder. It's great to finally see him come into his own.

My idiot friend who unfortunately roots for the other team said after the game, "yeah, but who'd you rather have, Ramirez or Crede on your team? Ramirez, right? " Uh... NO.
I luuuuuuve this team.

rdwj
05-04-2006, 09:24 AM
My idiot friend who unfortunately roots for the other team said after the game, "yeah, but who'd you rather have, Ramirez or Crede on your team? Ramirez, right? " Uh... NO.
I luuuuuuve this team.

Wow, just WOW!! I assume he's one of those "fans" that doesn't really pay attention, right?

Unregistered
05-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Joe Crede is a two ton man-mountain who can palm a medicine ball.
He's a 10-foot-tall beast-man who showers in Vodka and feeds his baby Shrimp Scampi.

http://planetwill.jt.org/media/characters/art/braskey.jpg
TO JOE CREDE!

MarySwiss
05-04-2006, 09:26 AM

I called it, too. Then when he hit it, you wouldn't have believed the look on my husband's face. Priceless! :cool:

credefan24
05-04-2006, 09:48 AM
He's a 10-foot-tall beast-man who showers in Vodka and feeds his baby Shrimp Scampi.

http://planetwill.jt.org/media/characters/art/braskey.jpg
TO JOE CREDE!

:D: :D: hhaa!!! Hilarious.

doublem23
05-04-2006, 09:51 AM
<shoota> I don't count that home run last night because the bases were loaded, so the pitcher was trying to just throw some strikes. Anyone could have hit that grand slam.</shoota>

DaleJRFan
05-04-2006, 10:10 AM
The diving snag was awesome, the grand slam was unbelievable... but that laser throw over to first to beat Bloomquist in extra innings and keeping a run from scoring - that was amazing.

SOXPHILE
05-04-2006, 10:24 AM
<shoota> I don't count that home run last night because the bases were loaded, so the pitcher was trying to just throw some strikes. Anyone could have hit that grand slam.</shoota>

<shoota> I don't count the diving stab of that line drive he made earlier either. He was out of position to begin with. Any other player, and it would have been hit right to him. He wouldn't have even needed to move. Just stick the glove up and catch it. But Crede was out of position, misread the ball coming off the bat, and consequently had to dive for what should have been a routine line drive <shoota>

SouthSide_HitMen
05-04-2006, 10:42 AM
:borass:

"That's right, better numbers than A-Rod and younger. They play the same position.... I see no reason why my client does not deserve a similar contract."

Actually he deserves more as A-Rod's contract was signed years ago and salaries and inflation have increased.

10 years, $376 million will be Scott's opening salvo but he will give the Sox some wiggle room and allow up to $40 million to be deferred.

Joe has already received offers in the $450 - $500 million range from several clubs but he is willing to take less to stay with a team he loves to play for. I hope the White Sox consider this and realize at $376 million Joe Crede is a steal.

Tragg
05-04-2006, 10:44 AM
If Joe stays productive offensively this year, that makes him one of the best 3B in baseball and a very expensive one, come contract time.

TomBradley72
05-04-2006, 11:17 AM
I think Crede is right up there with Konerko, Thome and Dye (or close to it)...unbelievable defense and a great improvement in his consistency on offense. I hope we lock him up for 3+ years. Josh Fields is emerging as some great trade bait...maybe to replenish our pitching prospect pool.

getonbckthr
05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
:worship: :crede

MadetoOrta
05-04-2006, 03:28 PM
:crede

"Time for me to get PAID!"

DaleJRFan
05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
How 'bout some cred for Ozzie and Walker for the coaching that went into Crede turning things around at the dish? Also, big props to KW for sticking with him and not giving up on Joe.

But, its the first week of May. Let's wait and see if Joe can manage to keep it up for a full season...

bigsoxfan420
05-04-2006, 03:45 PM
How 'bout some cred for Ozzie and Walker for the coaching that went into Crede turning things around at the dish? Also, big props to KW for sticking with him and not giving up on Joe.

But, its the first week of May. Let's wait and see if Joe can manage to keep it up for a full season...

I agree. I am quite ready to dub Crede the next Brooks Robinson. He had a great post season and has started this season with a bang, but I remember too many years of wanting Crede gone. If he bats near .280 I'll be extremely happy (as long as the D keeps a coming).

palehozenychicty
05-04-2006, 03:54 PM

Yes, let's do that, but damn he's looked good so far.

Randar68
05-04-2006, 04:03 PM

I think as much of it should go to AJ and Rowand (AJ particularly) for helping Joe break out of his shell. Confidence has been his shortfall since he came to the majors, and it took those guys bringing him out of his shell, needing people he liked/trusted telling him how good he is, and frankly, shining in the field like he has gave him the confidence at the plate as opposed to the way he used to take his plate struggles with him into the field...

Joe's always been a bit streaky, but usually he has huge power bursts that help carry him, right now he is just having good, consistent AB's and he's been very successful so far with only limited power production...

allkenz
05-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Well, Crede will be arbitration eligible so the Sox don't necessarily have to sign him long term yet. If I'm Kenny, I'd wait it out to see if his back can take the pounding and if he goes for 25HR, 80 RBI, .280, Joe will get a nice little raise for '07 and then they can talk extension at that pt. Right now, I'd wait and see if he can keep it up. Might cost more down the line but at that pt, Kenny will know Joe has finally arrived.

DaleJRFan
05-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Well, Crede will be arbitration eligible so the Sox don't necessarily have to sign him long term yet. If I'm Kenny, I'd wait it out to see if his back can take the pounding and if he goes for 25HR, 80 RBI, .280, Joe will get a nice little raise for '07 and then they can talk extension at that pt. Right now, I'd wait and see if he can keep it up. Might cost more down the line but at that pt, Kenny will know Joe has finally arrived.

2005 was Joe's last year of arbitration eligibility. He's FA at the end of 2006.

DaBears
05-04-2006, 04:46 PM
2005 was Joe's last year of arbitration eligibility. He's FA at the end of 2006.

Sign him now!!

ilsox7
05-04-2006, 04:55 PM

Not True. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/askthewriter/cs-060421askmarkgonzales,1,3511475.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

California Sox
05-04-2006, 05:27 PM
I think Crede is right up there with Konerko, Thome and Dye (or close to it)...unbelievable defense and a great improvement in his consistency on offense. I hope we lock him up for 3+ years. Josh Fields is emerging as some great trade bait...maybe to replenish our pitching prospect pool.

I agree that Crede>Fields but the money is going to have to come from somewhere. I think we should trade one of the five starters at the end of the season which would cut $10mil off the payroll and give that money to Crede. McCarthy is much more suited to being a starter than a reliever as far as temperment goes. Plus, I think Broadway is going to come relatively fast.

cbotnyse
05-10-2006, 11:18 AM
anyone see that Alex Rod had 2 errors last night?? When was the last time Crede did that, or has he ever? If Arod is Crede's main competition, he just made it a little easier for an All star spot, and Gold Glove award....

Frater Perdurabo
05-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I agree that Crede>Fields but the money is going to have to come from somewhere. I think we should trade one of the five starters at the end of the season which would cut $10mil off the payroll and give that money to Crede. McCarthy is much more suited to being a starter than a reliever as far as temperment goes. Plus, I think Broadway is going to come relatively fast.

I think with his contract being up (although the Sox may hold an option for him for 2007), Dye may be the one who ends up leaving as a free agent after 2006 (or after 2007). Crede is showing that he could be a very good #5 hitter behind Thome and Konerko. I don't want to see Jermaine leave, but you are right that the money has to come from somewhere if the Sox want to retain a full core of starting pitchers. Consequently, that would allow the Sox to promote Ryan Sweeney, who has more value to this team than Fields.

Ol' No. 2
05-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I agree that Crede>Fields but the money is going to have to come from somewhere. I think we should trade one of the five starters at the end of the season which would cut $10mil off the payroll and give that money to Crede. McCarthy is much more suited to being a starter than a reliever as far as temperment goes. Plus, I think Broadway is going to come relatively fast.Crede has two more years of arbitration ahead of him. He's not going to get anywhere near $10M.